A friend gave me this recipe. She got it from a King Arthur Flour catalog. That catalog has everything! These tarts are great! My friend decorates them with piped flowers for showers & teas.
Provided by CaramelPie
Yield 2 1/2 dozen, 30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups king arthur all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond paste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 drop bitter almond oil (optional) or 1 drop butternut flavoring (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 -5 teaspoons water
- food coloring (optional)
- For dough: Beat the butter, sugars, and salt until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix well. Stir in the flour until well blended, then refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes or longer.
- Shaping: Place a rounded teaspoon of dough (about 1/2 oz.)into each ungreased mini-muffin cup. With floured fingers or a tart tamper, press the dough up the sides of the cups to form the floor and walls of the crust. Place the crusts in the refrigerator to chill while preparing the filling.
- Filling: Crumble the almond paste into a small bowl. Blend in the sugar, salt and extract(s). Add one egg at a time to the almond paste, mixing well after each addition until there are no lumps.
- Assembly and Baking: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a slightly rounded 1/4 teaspoon of the raspberry jam into each dough-filled cup. Top with almond filling. The almond filling should come to the top of the dough. Bake the tarts for 24 to 28 minutes, until they're puffed and golden brown. Allow the tarts to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before turning them out to cool completely. While they cool, make the glaze.
- Glaze: In a small bowl, mix the confectioners' sugar with the water until dissolved. Add the food coloring, if you're using it. Drizzle the glaze over the tarts. The tarts store well for 3 - 4 days in airtight containers; freeze them for longer storage.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for hands
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare the crust: Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in center. Butter a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine flour, sugar, and salt. In a small glass measuring cup, stir together butter, vanilla, and 1/2 tablespoon water; pour over flour mixture. Stir to combine. With floured hands, press dough into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove tart shell from oven, and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the filling: In a large bowl, stir together almonds, heavy cream, sugar, egg, almond extract, Grand Marnier, and salt. Pour filling into crust. Bake tart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Top Asked Questions
How to bake almond tarts?To make the filling: Beat together the butter, salt, sugar, flour, and extracts. Beat in the eggs, then add the almond flour, stirring just to combine. Spread the filling into the crusts. Bake the tarts for 18 to 24 minutes, until their tops are lightly browned.
How to bake sweet tarts in the oven?Directions. In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in rice flour and cocoa powder. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons almond extract. Fill tarts 2/3 full. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown and filling is set.
How to bake almonds in a pie?Pour the almond paste on top of the pie/tart dough and place in the oven for around 20 minutes or until the paste and the dough has browned a bit. Take out of the oven and spread the glazed almonds on top of the tart. Put back in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the top turns golden.
How long do you cook a tart at 350 degrees?Remove tart shell from oven, and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Prepare the filling: In a large bowl, stir together almonds, heavy cream, sugar, egg, almond extract, Grand Marnier, and salt. Pour filling into crust. Bake tart on a parchment paper -lined baking sheet until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Catherine McCord
This is my technique for veal demi-glace, and there's not much to it. I'm going for a pure veal stock reduction, fortified with nothing more than mirepoix...
Provided by Chef John
OMG!!! I had to make this cake this past Sunday for my Mary Kay party.. It was a huge hit. It was also devoured!! So easy,so good,so sinfully rich..if...
Provided by vicky hunt
Good food doesn't always have to cost a fortune! Your family will love this. Full of flavor and easy on your pocket book!
Provided by Melissa Baldan
This is a very good potato dish , I stem baby red potatoes and smother them in real butter and parsley flakes. I enjoy a dollop of sour cream on mine but...
Provided by Karla Everett
Provided by á-174942
Try this Instant Pot®-friendly variation of a traditional bean stew from the Portuguese region of Azores. This can be served alone, or over rice, and...
Provided by Ryan C Mathews
Provided by Florence Fabricant
A unique twist on a classic white chocolate fudge recipe! While quick and easy to prepare, Bruce's® Yams Salted Cashew Sweet Potato Fudge is a nutty,...
Provided by Bruce's Yams
Sure you can make a quick Chicken Pot Pie using already made pie crust, canned soups, vegetables and chicken. Just think about all the salt in those ingredients....
Provided by Julia Ferguson
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some...
Provided by Taste of Home
Dis is da toe curlin Texicajun hybrid of a classic dish. This will put a smile on everyone's face that's eatin it. Throw on some Zydeco music and serve...
Provided by Lupe Boudreaux
Provided by Kemp Minifie
This is a tender and delicious baked pork chop recipe, with an Italian flair.
Provided by larvia57
People also searched
More about "almond tarts food"
ALMOND TARTS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.7/5 (36)Total Time 1 hr 13 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F., To make the crust: Beat together the sugar, butter, salt, and extracts., Add the flours, stirring to make crumbs that cling together when squeezed., Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of six 4 1/2" mini tart pans (or a full-size tart pan; see tips, at left); prick them all over with a fork., Freeze the crusts for 15 minutes, then bake them until they're just beginning to brown on the edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool while you make the filling., To make the filling: Beat together the butter, salt, sugar, flour, and extracts., Beat in the eggs, then add the almond flour, stirring just to combine.
- Spread the filling into the crusts., Bake the tarts for 18 to 24 minutes, until their tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, and cool in the pans., To make the glaze: Stir together the sugar and milk until smooth., Spread the glaze over the cooled tarts, and top with fresh raspberries or sliced peaches.
DIANE'S ALMOND TARTS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
4/5 (3)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert TartsCalories 247 per serving
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch. Shape into a ball and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness, cut into appropriate size circles with a glass or cookie cutter and press into tart shells. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into bottom of each shell.
- In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in rice flour and cocoa powder. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons almond extract. Fill tarts 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown and filling is set. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, Stir together 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Spread on tarts. Garnish each tart with a maraschino cherry.
CLASSIC FRENCH ALMOND TART RECIPE—TARTE AUX AMANDES
3.8/5 (25)Total Time 2 hrs 50 minsCategory PieCalories 380 per serving
STRAWBERRY ALMOND TARTS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Nick MalgieriSteps 6Difficulty 1 hr 25 min
10 BEST ALMOND TARTS ALMOND PASTE RECIPES - YUMMLY
MINIATURE ALMOND TARTS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF …
QUINCE AND ALMOND TART WITH ROSé RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
10 BEST GROUND ALMOND TARTS RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST ALMOND TARTS ALMOND PASTE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALMOND TART RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ALMOND TARTS RECIPE - NYT COOKING
ALMOND TART RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ALMOND AND STRAWBERRY TART RECIPE - RUTH ROGERS, ROSE GRAY
ROBINHOOD | APPLE ALMOND TART
10 BEST ALMOND FRANGIPANE TART RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALMOND TART RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
BEST PEAR ALMOND TART RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
MARY BERRY' EASY BAKEWELL TART RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PEAR AND ALMOND TART 洋梨のタルト • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
SUNSHINE CAKE – A DELICIOUS BUTTERY ALMOND TART RECIPE
ALMOND MACAROON TART RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
ALMOND FLOUR STRAWBERRY TART RECIPES | MENITRO.COM
CHOCOLATE HONEY ALMOND TART RECIPES
ALMOND TART SHELL - HANIELA'S
ALMOND TART CRUST RECIPE - THREE OLIVES BRANCH
BEST HEALTHY NO-BAKE ALMOND FRUIT TARTS RECIPES, NEWS, TIPS AND …
MINI RASPBERRY ALMOND TARTS - LOVELY LITTLE KITCHEN
ALMOND TARTS FOOD - WIKIFOODHUB
CHERRY AND ALMOND TART - STEVEN AND CHRIS - CBC.CA
ALMOND TARTLETS | DESSERT RECIPES | GOODTO
RASPBERRY ALMOND TARTS - BAKE OR BREAK
MUFFIN TIN ALMOND TART | CONTEMPLATING SWEETS
CHERRY & ALMOND TARTS RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
ALMOND TARTS WITH STRAWBERRY JAM - TIFFYOUWEREME
HOW TO MAKE A TRADITIONAL BELGIAN ALMOND TART
SWEDISH ALMOND TARTS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ALMOND-PLUM TART RECIPE - MITCHELLE DY | FOOD & WINE
CONGRESS TARTS (ALMOND & RASPBERRY) | WHAT CHARLOTTE BAKED
ALMOND JOY TART RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MAPLE ALMOND APRICOT TART - CTV
ALMOND TART | BBC GOOD FOOD
30 BEST SWEET AND SAVORY TART RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
BERRY ALMOND TARTS | BAKED BREE
SWEDISH ALMOND TART - FOOD AND JOURNEYS
ALMOND TART FROM ANDRIA - LIDIA