APPLE CRUMB PIE
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 5 tablespoons chilled solid vegetable shortening, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- 3 3/4 pounds Granny Smith apples (about 10 medium), peeled, cored, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For crust:
- Mix flour and salt in processor. Add butter and shortening; using on/off turns, cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Drizzle 2 tablespoons ice water over. Process until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic. Chill 1 hour.
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to 14-inch round. Transfer dough to 10-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Fold overhang under. Crimp edges decoratively. Pierce bottom of crust all over with fork. Freeze crust 15 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep frozen.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line crust with aluminum foil. Fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 15 minutes. Remove weights and foil. Bake until golden and set, about 10 minutes longer. Cool.
- For filling:
- Toss apples and lemon juice in medium bowl. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Add apples; sauté until coated with cinnamon butter and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Whisk cider and cornstarch in small bowl. Add to apples. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Transfer apple mixture to large bowl. Mix in applesauce. Cool completely. (Crust and filling can be made 1 day ahead. Cover crust; let stand at room temperature. Cover and chill filling.)
- For topping:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using fingertips, rub all ingredients in bowl until moist clumps form.
- Place filling in crust. Sprinkle topping over apples. Bake until topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Top Asked Questions
How to make apple pie with crumb topping?An apple pie with a sweet crumb topping. Mix the white sugar 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon and the nutmeg together in a small bowl. Layer apples then sugar mixture. Then repeat the layering until out of apples. Mix together the flour and brown sugar and cinnamon and butter. Use a fork until it becomes crumbly. Sprinkle mixture on top of apples.
How do you bake apples for Apple Pie?Toss apples with sugar and spice mixture. Pour into pie crust. Mix flour and brown sugar together. With a fork or a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over top of the apples. Bake pie for 50 minutes.
How do you make apple crumble at home?Stir in the sugar and, if you like, a handful of oats. Chill the crumble topping in the fridge while you prepare the apples. Peel the apples, cut in half, then into chunky slices, cutting out the core as you go. Toss the apple slices with the lemon juice in a large bowl. Sift over the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well to coat.
What is the best recipe for apple crisp?For topping, in a small bowl, mix sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. For filling, in a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples and toss to coat.
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Catherine McCord
This is my technique for veal demi-glace, and there's not much to it. I'm going for a pure veal stock reduction, fortified with nothing more than mirepoix...
Provided by Chef John
OMG!!! I had to make this cake this past Sunday for my Mary Kay party.. It was a huge hit. It was also devoured!! So easy,so good,so sinfully rich..if...
Provided by vicky hunt
Good food doesn't always have to cost a fortune! Your family will love this. Full of flavor and easy on your pocket book!
Provided by Melissa Baldan
This is a very good potato dish , I stem baby red potatoes and smother them in real butter and parsley flakes. I enjoy a dollop of sour cream on mine but...
Provided by Karla Everett
Provided by á-174942
Try this Instant Pot®-friendly variation of a traditional bean stew from the Portuguese region of Azores. This can be served alone, or over rice, and...
Provided by Ryan C Mathews
Provided by Florence Fabricant
A unique twist on a classic white chocolate fudge recipe! While quick and easy to prepare, Bruce's® Yams Salted Cashew Sweet Potato Fudge is a nutty,...
Provided by Bruce's Yams
Sure you can make a quick Chicken Pot Pie using already made pie crust, canned soups, vegetables and chicken. Just think about all the salt in those ingredients....
Provided by Julia Ferguson
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some...
Provided by Taste of Home
Dis is da toe curlin Texicajun hybrid of a classic dish. This will put a smile on everyone's face that's eatin it. Throw on some Zydeco music and serve...
Provided by Lupe Boudreaux
Provided by Kemp Minifie
This is a tender and delicious baked pork chop recipe, with an Italian flair.
Provided by larvia57
People also searched
More about "apple crumb pie food"
APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (946)Total Time 3 hrs 20 minsCategory Apple PieCalories 408 per serving
- Place sliced apples in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice, if desired. In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss until apple slices are evenly coated. Stir in raisins and walnuts (optional). Transfer mixture into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl ,mix together 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apple filling. Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE - BAKING.FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory PieCalories 419 per serving
APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 4 minsCategory PieCalories 371 per serving
APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (26)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory PieCalories 401 per serving
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 9Difficulty Intermediate
CLASSIC APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
5/5 (34)Author Food Network KitchenServings 6-8Category Dessert
PEAR-APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 4Difficulty 2 hr 30 min
APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE | DAVE LIEBERMAN | FOOD NETWORK
Author Dave LiebermanSteps 5Difficulty Easy
BEST APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPES | THANKSGIVING | FOOD ...
APPLE CRUMB PIE - MANJULA'S KITCHEN - INDIAN VEGETARIAN ...
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CRUMB PIE | WALKING ON SUNSHINE RECIPES
HOMESTYLE APPLE CRUMBLE PIE | M&M FOOD MARKET
EASY APPLE CRUMB PIE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
APPLE BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE - RECIPE! - LIVE. LOVE. LAUGH. FOOD.
HOMEMADE APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CREAMY APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
APPLE CRUMB PIE - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
APPLE CRUMB PIE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
ANME'S APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
THE BEST APPLE CRUMB PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CRUMB APPLE PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
ULTIMATE APPLE CRUMB PIE (THE BEST CRUMB TOP!) - DINNER ...
DUTCH APPLE PIE RECIPE WITH TONS OF STREUSEL! - THE FOOD ...
CRUMB TOPPED APPLE PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
APPLE CRUMBLE - ALLRECIPES
APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
APPLE CRUMB PIE | FRUIT RECIPES | EASY DESSERT RECIPES
APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE | MARTHA STEWART
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
APPLE CRUMB PIE BY PIONEER WOMAN - FOOD14
APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
EASY APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
THE BEST APPLE CRUMBLE PIE EVER!!! RECIPE - FOOD.COM
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - E.D.SMITH®
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE | RECIPE | PIE RECIPES, APPLE PIE ...
JOANNA GAINES APPLE PIE RECIPE WITH CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE ...
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMB PIE - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
EASY APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - RICARDO
APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
GLUTEN-FREE APPLE PIE WITH CRUMB TOPPING (EASY TO MAKE ...
APPLE CRUMB PIE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM