BAKED STUFFED YELLOW SQUASH BOATS
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Yellow Squash Boats recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Douglas Poe
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut yellow squash in half lengthwise.
- With a spoon, scrape flesh and seeds of squash into a large bowl, making boats.
- In a pan sauté onion and garlic over medium heat with a dash of olive oil.
- Add the squash that was removed from the boats and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook until almost soft (around 7 minutes).
- When squash is almost soft, remove from heat and mix in bowl with 1 egg, breadcrumbs, herbs and parmesan cheese.
- Scoop stuffing mixture into boats and fill evenly.
- Sprinkle the top of the stuffed boats with extra parmesan cheese.
- Cook in pre-heated oven (400 degrees) until boats are crisp tender and golden brown on top (around 10 minutes).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166.4, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 28.8, Sodium 310.7, Carbohydrate 24.4, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 4.8, Protein 8.2
BAKED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
Take advantage of fabulous fall produce and roast this scrumptious side. Lightly seasoned with cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar, this is my favorite baked butternut squash recipe-it could almost be dessert! -Heidi Vawdrey, Riverton, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix seasoning ingredients. Halve squash lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Place squash in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with seasonings. , Place 2 teaspoons brown sugar in the cavity of each half. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over cut surfaces., Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Uncover; bake until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 136mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BAKED STUFFED ACORN SQUASH
This makes a substantial vegetarian - or vegan if you leave out the cheese - Thanksgiving main dish. It is another riff on the native American tradition of the Three Sisters - corn, beans, and squash. I used acorn squash here, and it serves as a vessel for the sweet and pungent bean, corn and tomato filling. Acorn squash comes in various sizes; the larger ones, which are sometimes all I can find, take almost an hour to soften and cook through; the finished squash can be cut in half or even into thirds if too big for one serving. With everything that comes on the Thanksgiving sideboard, that will probably be the case. I always bake the squash for about 20 minutes before cutting it in half; they soften up a little bit, which makes it much easier to cut.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, main course, side dish
Yield 8 substantial main dish servings, 12 to 16 smaller servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place squash on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes, until soft enough to easily cut in half. Wait until cool enough to handle (about 15 minutes), then cut in half (stem to tip) and scoop out seeds and membranes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet and add onion. Cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add red pepper and a generous pinch of salt and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and tomato paste and cook, stirring often, until tomatoes have cooked down slightly, about 5 minutes. Add honey, maple syrup or pomegranate molasses, vinegar, salt and cayenne, and bring to a simmer. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes, until thick and fragrant. Taste and adjust seasonings. Stir in beans and corn and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Oil 1 or 2 baking dishes or a sheet pan that will accommodate all the squash. Season cavities and cut sides of the squash with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil or melted butter. Fill with bean mixture. Mix together bread crumbs, Gruyère and remaining olive oil and sprinkle over the filling. Brush exposed edges of squash with oil. Place in the baking dish or on baking sheet and cover tightly with foil. Bake large squash for 45 minutes, check smaller squash after 30 minutes. The flesh should be easy to penetrate with the tip of a knife. Uncover and return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until breadcrumbs and cheese are lightly browned. Serve hot or warm.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 513, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 90 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 18 grams, Protein 23 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 1088 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams
BAKED ACORN SQUASH
Make and share this Baked Acorn Squash recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Alia55
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet and a baking dish.
- Halve the squash lengthwise and clean.
- Transfer the squash, cut side down, to the baking sheet, and bake the squash until it is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Don't turn off the oven.
- While the squash cooks, melt the butter, and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Keep the mixture warm until it is needed.
- Arrange the squash, cut sides up, in the baking dish.
- Spoon the butter and seasonings equally over the sections.
- Bake the squash another 15 minutes, until it is very soft.
- Serve the squash hot.
BAKED ACORN SQUASH WITH BROWN SUGAR
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Generously butter a rimmed baking sheet.
- Halve squash crosswise. Scoop out seeds; discard. Slice a small piece off bottom of each squash half just enough to level.
- Set squash halves, scooped sides down, on prepared sheet. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn squash; prick insides all over with a fork. Divide 2 tablespoons butter and sugar among halves; season with salt and pepper. Continue to bake until flesh is easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.
BAKED ACORN SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place squash, flesh side down in a baking dish and fill with 1/2-inch of water. Bake for one hour or until tender. Scoop out squash flesh to a bowl. Mash squash with butter, sugar and salt and pepper. Serve with extra butter.
CREAMY BAKED ACORN SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place squash halves cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Divide cream and thyme among halves.
- Bake until squash is tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until cheese is melted and golden, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 5 g
BAKED ACORN SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash in a shallow baking pan, cut side down.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Turn cut side up; season with salt and pepper, dot with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319.8 calories, Carbohydrate 56.7 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 11.2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 97.4 mg, Sugar 19.8 g
BAKED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash, cut sides down, in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour water into dish around squash halves.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender and easily pierced with a fork, about 1 1/2 hours. Carefully remove the skin with a fork; it should be very easy to remove. Top squash halves with butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280.7 calories, Carbohydrate 59.7 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6.3 g, Fiber 10.2 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 64.9 mg, Sugar 11.2 g
BAKED SQUASH RINGS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the squash. Cut each squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut each squash crosswise into half moons.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and brush with a thin coat of olive oil.
- Lay squash on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning once, or until tender to the touch and golden.
More about "baked squash in oven recipes"
OVEN-ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH | RECIPES - FRESH CITY …
- Prepare the Squash • Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. • Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise and pierce all over with a fork.
- Roast the Squash • Place the squash halves on the baking sheet, skin-side down, and brush the flesh with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. • Roast until fork-tender and browned on the edges, about 40-45 minutes.
- Bring it All Together • Remove from baking sheet and let cool. • Serve the roasted squash in the skin or scoop it out and mash it!
OVEN ROASTED SQUASH RECIPE | ADD A PINCH - ADD A PINCH
5/5 (8)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 68 per serving
- Clean squash and then slice lengthwise to uniform thickness, about 1/4 of an inch. Place on kitchen sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Place in oven and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
BAKED PARMESAN YELLOW SQUASH - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
4.8/5 (10)Total Time 20 minsCategory Appetizers, Snack, Vegetable Side DishCalories 59 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F ( 220 degrees C ) and line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper, non-stick spray coated aluminum foil or a silpat mat.
- Prepare your yellow squash, wash each squash and trim the ends. Slice in thin, even sized slices so that they cook evenly and are done at the same time. I use a mandoline to cut the slices so they are just under 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Spread sliced squash on your baking sheet(s) in a single layer. Sprinkle with seasoning, garlic salt and pepper.
- Grate Parmesan and spoon it onto the yellow squash rounds. Dollop grated Parmesan cheese in the center of the slices, or use the back of your spoon to push the cheese out to the edges of each slice.
BAKED PARMESAN YELLOW SQUASH RECIPE | 2 INGREDIENTS ...
4.9/5 (176)Calories 139 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Place an oven rack in the center position of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil (lightly misted with nonstick cooking spray) OR parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the squash, and then cut each one into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange the squash rounds on the prepared pan, with little to no space between them. Lightly sprinkle the squash with garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper. Use a small spoon to spread a thin layer of Parmesan cheese on each slice of squash.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the Parmesan melts and turns a light golden brown. (Watch these closely the first time you make them and pull them out of the oven early if the Parmesan is golden before 15 minutes. Alternatively, you may broil them for a minute or two at the end of the cooking time to speed up the browning.) Serve immediately.
HOW TO BAKE SPAGHETTI SQUASH IN THE OVEN (WHOLE OR …
4.8/5 (20)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 75 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil and grease lightly.
BAKED SQUASH RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETABLE RECIPES
Servings 6Calories 300 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Wash the squash, carefully cut it in half lengthways, then remove and reserve the seeds.
- Use a spoon to score and scoop some flesh out, making a gully for the stuffing all along the length of the squash.
- Finely chop the scooped-out flesh with the seeds and put into a frying pan on a medium heat with 2 tablespoons of oil.Peel, finely chop and add the onion and garlic, stirring regularly while you pick the sage leaves and finely chop them with the sun-dried tomatoes and chestnuts.
- Stir into the pan with the rice, cranberries and allspice, add a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper and a swig of red wine, and mix well.
HOW TO COOK SPAGHETTI SQUASH IN THE OVEN | KITCHN
10 BEST OVEN BAKED SQUASH RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST BAKED ZUCCHINI YELLOW SQUASH RECIPES - YUMMLY
EASY BAKED ACORN SQUASH - HOMEMADE FOOD JUNKIE
Reviews 1Calories 77 per servingCategory Side Dishes And Salads
EASY STUFFED BAKED BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE - FOOD AND WINE
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds and score the flesh with a sharp knife. Ensure sure you don’t cut through the skin. Place the halves cut-side down on a baking sheet and cook for 45 mins.
HOW TO COOK SPAGHETTI SQUASH IN THE OVEN - BEST WAY TO ...
Reviews 16Calories 235 per servingCategory Low-Carb, Vegetarian, Dinner
3 WAYS TO BAKE KABOCHA SQUASH - WIKIHOW
67% (3)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory SquashPublished 2018-05-11
- Cutting the Squash Download Article Cut the stem off the top of the squash. Place the tip of a sharp kitchen knife 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the stem of the squash.
- Making Basic Roasted Kabocha Squash Download Article Preheat the oven to 400 °F (204 °C). Place the slices of kabocha squash evenly apart on a baking sheet.
- Cooking Sweet and Spicy Squash Download Article Preheat the oven to 400 °F (204 °C). Turn the oven to 400 °F (204 °C) and wait for the preheating indicator light to come on or for your oven to beep.
BAKED BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE - SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
5/5 (7)Total Time 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 146 per serving
- Peel squash. Insert large knife just below stem and cut squash in half lengthwise to split. Scoop out seeds and pulp with spoon and discard or reserve for other use.
- Cut squash into small pieces. Try to keep the sizes uniform so that they cook evenly. The smaller the pieces, the faster they will cook.
- Cover the squash with the olive oil and toss to coat. Ideally, each piece of squash will be lightly covered with the oil and you won't have any excess pooling on the parchment paper, so adjust the amount based on the size of your squash. Cover with salt and pepper (more can be added later, if desired).
SWEET BAKED ACORN SQUASH - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
5/5 (19)Calories 159 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Thoroughly wash the squash and use a sturdy, sharp knife to cut them in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and strings. Cut each piece in half again. Place the pieces cut side down (peel side up) in a large baking dish and add about 1" of water. Cover with foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the squash pierces easily with a sharp knife.
- Remove from oven and increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Drain off most of the water from the baking pan, leaving just a small amount. Flip the pieces of squash over. Season each piece with a small amount of salt and drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and just a dusting of cinnamon. Return to oven and allow to roast, cut side up, uncovered, for an additional 15 minutes.
- If you'd like a more caramelized surface, set your oven BROIL for a minute or two at the end of the cooking time. Watch closely so it does not burn.
4 WAYS TO COOK BUTTERNUT SQUASH IN THE OVEN - WIKIHOW
98% (155)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsCategory Squash
- Roasted Download Article Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Prepare a roasting pan or deep baking dish by lightly coating the bottom with cooking spray.
- Baked Whole Download Article Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Prepare a baking sheet with shallow sides.
- Charbroiled Download Article Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celsius). Line a large baking sheet with shallow sides using parchment paper or nonstick aluminum foil.
- Steam-Baked Download Article Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Prepare a 9- by 13-inch (23- by 33-cm) glass baking dish.
OVEN BAKED BUTTERNUT SQUASH - IFOODREAL.COM
4.7/5 (3)Category Side DishCuisine North AmericanCalories 113 per serving
- Wash squash well. Trim the end, cut in 2 halves lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Cut each half in 8 shorter slices.
- Arrange butternut squash on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup. Then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Using your hands toss to coat evenly and then arrange in a single layer.
BAKED PARMESAN SQUASH - PLAIN CHICKEN
5/5 (4)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
BEST BAKED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BAKED ACORN ...
5/5 (1)Category Thanksgiving, Main Dish, Side DishServings 6Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve each squash, then scrape out the seeds and stringy membranes.
- Next add a generous tablespoon of butter to the center of each squash followed by 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar.
OVEN FRIED SQUASH - NORINE'S NEST
Reviews 80Calories 164 per servingCategory Side Dishes
- In a separate shallow dish add 1 cup fine bread crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, garlic salt, and coarse black pepper. Mix well.
OVEN ROASTED ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH - MADE TO BE A MOMMA
3.7/5 (196)Calories 121 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the zucchini and yellow squash into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Add the sliced squash and zucchini to a large bowl, and add olive oil, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Spread the oiled squash and zucchini on the prepared pan. Do your best to make sure the squash are in a single layer.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 4Category Side Dishes
OVEN BAKED SUMMER SQUASH RECIPE AND NUTRITION - EAT THIS MUCH
Servings 1Total Time 25 mins
RECIPE: BAKED SUMMER SQUASH - KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
HEALTHY RECIPES: OVEN BAKED SUMMER SQUASH RECIPE
Servings 1Calories 40 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
45 BAKED SQUASH RECIPES TO MAKE THIS FALL - TASTE OF HOME
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
OVEN-BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH DELICATA SQUASH - THE REAL FOOD ...
5/5 (8)Total Time 40 minsServings 4Calories 377 per serving
OVEN BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH (WITH VIDEO!) - COOK AT HOME MOM
5/5 (4)Calories 71 per servingCategory Side Dish
19 WINTER SQUASH RECIPES FOR SATISFYING DINNERS
EASY OVEN-BAKED MAPLE SQUASH - DELICIOUS ON A DIME
4/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory Side DishCalories 51 per serving
HOW TO COOK YELLOW SQUASH IN THE OVEN - LIVESTRONG.COM
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
BAKED YELLOW SQUASH IN 12 MINUTES | OVEN FRIED YELLOW ...
BAKE BUTTERNUT SQUASH IN OVEN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
THE BEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPES - CULLY'S KITCHEN
BUTTERNUT SQUASH TOMATO RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO BAKE HUBBARD SQUASH IN OVEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO COOK ACORN SQUASH IN THE OVEN | REAL SIMPLE
You'll also love