Top Asked Questions
How do you make a light red velvet cake?This is different from other red velvet cake recipes I’ve had; the icing is as light as snow. —Kathryn Davison, Charlotte, North Carolina Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in food coloring, vinegar and vanilla.
What do you use to make red velvet?I use a combination of all purpose flour and cornstarch, so the cake turns out tender and delicious. If you prefer using cake flour use 2 and 3/4 cups of it. Red food coloring: what makes red velvet cake red is the food coloring. If you don’t use it, the cake will have a dark reddish-brown color.
Is red velvet cake moist & fluffy?This red velvet cake is so moist & fluffy. I can never get enough! I love red velvet cake, but I don’t love everyones red velvet cake recipe! Some people claim to have the best red velvet cake recipe, but I truly think mine is the best ( of course! HAHA) This southern red velvet cake is so unbelievably moist!
What is the best frosting for red velvet cake?Cream cheese frosting is the classic choice for red velvet cake! Its tangy flavor complements the sweetness of the cake layers. If you’d prefer something more sturdy or want to make special cake decorations, opt for my Best Buttercream instead. Can I Make Red Velvet Cupcakes Instead?
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Catherine McCord
This is my technique for veal demi-glace, and there's not much to it. I'm going for a pure veal stock reduction, fortified with nothing more than mirepoix...
Provided by Chef John
OMG!!! I had to make this cake this past Sunday for my Mary Kay party.. It was a huge hit. It was also devoured!! So easy,so good,so sinfully rich..if...
Provided by vicky hunt
Good food doesn't always have to cost a fortune! Your family will love this. Full of flavor and easy on your pocket book!
Provided by Melissa Baldan
This is a very good potato dish , I stem baby red potatoes and smother them in real butter and parsley flakes. I enjoy a dollop of sour cream on mine but...
Provided by Karla Everett
Provided by á-174942
Try this Instant Pot®-friendly variation of a traditional bean stew from the Portuguese region of Azores. This can be served alone, or over rice, and...
Provided by Ryan C Mathews
Provided by Florence Fabricant
A unique twist on a classic white chocolate fudge recipe! While quick and easy to prepare, Bruce's® Yams Salted Cashew Sweet Potato Fudge is a nutty,...
Provided by Bruce's Yams
Sure you can make a quick Chicken Pot Pie using already made pie crust, canned soups, vegetables and chicken. Just think about all the salt in those ingredients....
Provided by Julia Ferguson
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some...
Provided by Taste of Home
Dis is da toe curlin Texicajun hybrid of a classic dish. This will put a smile on everyone's face that's eatin it. Throw on some Zydeco music and serve...
Provided by Lupe Boudreaux
Provided by Kemp Minifie
This is a tender and delicious baked pork chop recipe, with an Italian flair.
Provided by larvia57
People also searched
More about "best red velvet cake food"
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Oil and line the base and sides of two 20cm cake tins with baking parchment – if your cake tins are quite shallow, line the sides to a depth of at least 5cm.
- Put half each of the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarb, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well. If there are any lumps in the sugar, squeeze these through your fingers to break them up.
- Mix half each of the buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract, food colouring and 100ml water in a jug. Add 2 eggs and whisk until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until well combined.
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease two 20cm/8in cake tins and line the bases with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt. In a jug, whisk together the buttermilk and food colouring.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar together in a stand mixer until really pale and light, this will take at least 2–3 minutes.
24 BEST RED VELVET RECIPES AND IDEAS - FOOD.COM
SOUTHERN RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Cakeman RavenSteps 8Difficulty Intermediate
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In another large bowl, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Using a standing mixer, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and a smooth batter is formed.
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE FROM DIVAS CAN COOK RECIPE - …
5/5 (4)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertPublished 2018-12-25
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
THE BEST EVER RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
5/5 (34)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and unsweetened cocoa into a large mixing bowl and sift/whisk together.
- Pour the sugar, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract into the bowl with the eggs, and mix until everything is nice and creamy.
RED VELVET CAKE - RICARDO
5/5 (15)Category DessertsServings 12Total Time 1 hr 40 mins
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter the sides of two 8-inch (20 cm) springform pans with removable bottoms. Line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar, vanilla seeds and lemon juice until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cut off the rounded top of each cooled cake to make them as flat as possible. Using the thickest part of the cake scraps, cut a few small cubes and set aside for decorating the cake.
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray two 9-inch cake pans well with nonstick cooking spray, line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the butter and mix for about 30 seconds-1 minute until well combined and smooth.
- Level the tops of each cake with a knife or cake leveler. Place one of the cake layers on a cake stand or plate, top with a layer of frosting, and smooth it out into one even layer. Place the second layer on top, then use the remaining frosting to frost the top and sides of the cake.
KETO RED VELVET CAKE | THE BEST LOW CARB CAKE RECIPE FOR KETO
- Whisk eggs with Confectioners Swerve and melted butter, you don’t have to beat it a lot, just make sure everything is well incorporated. Then add food coloring and vanilla extract, mix until the color is even.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Pour the batter evenly between 2 prepared spring-form pans. *Make sure to use a maximum of 9 inch ones...or use 7-inch ones for a thicker cake. Also, make sure to line them with parchment paper and coat it with baking spray.
BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together butter and sugar. Cream until butter turns pale and double in volume, and sugar has dissolved, roughly 8 minutes.
BEST RED VELVET CAKE - CAFE DELITES
- Heat oven to 350°F | 175°C. Lightly grease two 8-inch cake pans with butter or nonstick oil spray and lightly dust with 1 tablespoon of the sifted cocoa powder.
- Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth lighter in colour (about 3-4 minutes). Beat in icing sugar until frosting is light and fluffy (if frosting is too thin, add more icing sugar and beat again until reaching your desired consistency).Optional if using: mix in the lemon juice.
- Transfer 1 cake onto a serving dish/plate, flat-side down. Trim the top dome off of the cake to create a flat bottom later. Scoop about 1 1/2 - 2 cups of frosting onto cake and spread evenly over the top.
CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE (SO EASY) - SWEETEST MENU
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line two 8 inch round baking pans with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined and then turn speed up to medium and beat until the butter turns pale, creamy and almost fluffy. Don’t rush this step!
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat briefly to combine – don’t worry if the mixture goes a little bit lumpy at this stage – then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE | TIPS AND TRICKS | COOKIES AND CUPS
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 3, 8-inch round pans with nonstick spray. Cut parchment rounds to fit in the bottom of the pans. Place the parchment rounds in the pans and coat again with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment add the oil, eggs, buttermilk, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until combined. Add in the sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Next add the cocoa powder, salt and baking soda, mixing on medium speed for 30 seconds, or until no lumps remain in the cocoa powder.
PERFECT RED VELVET CAKE - SOUTHERN BITE
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease and flour 2 (8-inch) cake pans. In a large bowl, whisk together the cake flour, salt, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Use a mixer to cream together the butter and sugar for about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the oil, vanilla, and vinegar and mix well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again.
- Add the flour mixture and buttermilk alternately, mixing well after each addition. Add the food coloring and mix on low until well combined.
THE BEST RED VELVET LOAF CAKE | AMY TREASURE
- Put the butter and sugar into the bowl of a freestanding electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) beat until pale, light and creamy.
RED VELVET CAKE - RECIPETIN EATS
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F (all oven types). Butter 2 x 21cm / 8" round cake pans (sides and base) and dust with cocoa powder.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with electric beater or in stand mixer until smooth and well combined (use paddle attachment if using stand mixer).
CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE - QUEEN FINE FOODS
- Combine butter, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on high until light and creamy, approximately 3-5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Place cocoa powder in a small bowl with Vanilla Extract and add Red Food Colour Gel until a paste forms. Add to batter and mix until incorporated.
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - MOIST & FLUFFY | HANDLE ...
- n the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter on medium-high speed until very light, creamy, and smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure no clumps remain. Add in 2 tablespoons of the cream and vanilla and beat until combined. On low speed gradually add in the sugar and beat until fluffy. If the frosting is too thick, add the remaining cream to thin.
- Lay one cake layer flat side-up on a cake plate. Tuck in strips of baking paper under the cake edges to keep the plate clean.
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE (VIDEO ... - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
- Preheat oven to 350˚F with racks in the center of the oven. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans with butter and dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
- Stir then sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar for a few minutes until sugar is moistened and the mixture looks powdery like snow.
RED VELVET CAKE - PREPPY KITCHEN
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the room temperature butter until smooth.
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE (EASY RECIPE) - PRETTY. SIMPLE ...
- To make the cake: Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease two 8-inch or 9-inch cake pans that are at least 2-inches high, and line the bottom of the pan with a round piece of parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. Beat in oil. The batter might look a bit curdled, that's ok. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add vanilla and vinegar and beat until combined. Add red food coloring, until desired color is reached. With the mixer on low speed, add half of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Add buttermilk, followed by the rest of the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
MOST AMAZING RED VELVET CAKE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter three 9-inch cake rounds. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
- Mix together flour, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, vanilla, vinegar, and food coloring. Beat on a medium speed until smooth. This should take just a couple of minutes.
RED VELVET CAKE WITH BEETS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk sugar, buttermilk, beets, oil, eggs, cocoa powder, red food coloring, vanilla extract, vinegar, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Add flour mixture gradually to the bowl, stirring after each addition just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan. Tap pan firmly to settle the batter and remove large bubbles.
BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
I TRIED FOUR POPULAR RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES AND FOUND THE ...
- The Easiest Recipe: The King Arthur Baking Company’s Red Velvet Cake. Overall rating: 6/10. Get the recipe: King Arthur Baking Company’s Red Velvet Cake.
- The Prettiest Presentation: Cake Man Raven’s Southern Red Velvet Cake. Overall rating: 7/10. Get the recipe: Cake Man Raven’s Southern Red Velvet Cake. Read more: I Made Cake Man Raven’s “Out of This World” Red Velvet Cake (It Has Almost 800 Reviews)
- The Best for Cake-Lovers: Smitten Kitchen’s Red Velvet Cake. Overall rating: 8/10. Get the recipe: Smitten Kitchen’s Red Velvet Cake. Read more: Is Smitten Kitchen’s Red Velvet Cake the Best on the Internet?
BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES | BAKE WITH ANNA OLSON | …
2.9/5 Servings 10-12
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
5/5 (3)Author Food Network KitchenServings 10Category Dessert
10 BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
I TRIED DIVA'S CAN COOK'S BEST SOUTHERN RED VELVET CAKE ...
WHAT IS RED VELVET CAKE, AND HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM ...
WHAT IS RED VELVET? - FOOD FANATIC
TOP 10 BEST FOOD COLORING FOR RED VELVET CAKE | BUTCHER ...
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
BLACK FOLKS SOUTHERN RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - THE SOUL ...
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
HOW MUCH RED FOOD COLORING IN RED VELVET CAKE ...
PIN BY ROBERTA PERALTO ON FOOD & DRINKS | RED VELVET CAKE ...
BEST FILLING FOR RED VELVET CAKE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE - BEST HOMEMADE RECIPES
RED VELVET CAKE - JOYOFBAKING.COM *VIDEO RECIPE*
WHAT IS THE BEST ICING FOR RED VELVET CAKE? – FOOD & DRINK
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
WHAT IS THE BEST FOOD COLORING FOR RED VELVET CAKE? – FOOD ...
RED VELVET CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - SALLY'S ...
BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
BEST RED VELVET CAKE BAKE OFF - THE PANCAKE PRINCESS
HESTERS RED VELVET CAKE ICING BEST RECIPES
26 DECADENT RED VELVET DESSERT RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING