BROILED CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE
Make and share this Broiled Chicken With Fig Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by chia2160
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place broiler rack 4 to 6 inches from heat source, and turn broiler on.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, and place skin-side down in a pan.
- Place honey in a 4- to 6-cup saucepan with one tablespoon water, and put on high heat.
- Let honey boil for a minute or so, then carefully add wine, cayenne, figs, coriander, orange zest and orange juice.
- Mixture should cook steadily; do not let it boil over.
- Broil chicken until it begins to brown on skinless side.
- Turn it over, then broil until it browns nicely and is cooked all the way through.
- Total broiling time will be about 25 minutes.
- Cook sauce until figs are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, then taste, and add more salt, cayenne or lemon as needed.
- Serve chicken with sauce spooned over it.
BROILED CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, easy, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place broiler rack 4 to 6 inches from heat source, and turn on broiler. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, and place skin-side down in a pan.
- Place honey in a 4- to 6-cup saucepan with one tablespoon water, and put on high heat. Let honey boil for a minute or so, then carefully add wine, cayenne, figs, coriander, orange zest and orange juice. Mixture should cook steadily; do not let it boil over.
- Broil chicken until it begins to brown on skinless side. Turn it over, then broil until it browns nicely and is cooked all the way through. Total broiling time will be about 20 minutes.
- Cook sauce until figs are very tender, about 15 minutes. Strain or not, as you prefer. Add lemon juice, then taste, and add more salt, cayenne or lemon as needed. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over it.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 407, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 47 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 529 milligrams, Sugar 36 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC FIG SAUCE
This is a Cooking Light recipe with slight changes. I love figs for a snack, and was thrilled to find this fabulous chicken recipe using figs. It is also quick compared to cooking chicken in the oven. I'll definitely make this one again. Fancy enough for a dinner party, easy enough for everyday.
Provided by karen
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with 1 1/2 tsps thyme, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan and keep warm by covering plate with towel or placing in warm oven.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter to skillet.
- Add onions and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add broth, vinegar, soy sauce and figs.
- Simmer until sauce is reduced to 1 cup (about 3 minutes).
- Add 1 tablespoon thyme and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Cut chicken breasts on the diagonal into slices. Serve sauce over chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224.2, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 76.1, Sodium 653.7, Carbohydrate 15.4, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 10.3, Protein 29.1
CHEF JOHN'S BROILED CHICKEN
The next time rain ruins your dream of a grilled chicken dinner, I hope you fire up your broiler and give this easy, alternative method a try. Not only are you getting the same intense, direct heat, but you also have more control, since you can adjust how far the chicken is from the flame. I prefer the meat about 7 to 8 inches under the heating element, but feel free to adjust as needed. Garnish with freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh oregano.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Spread onion slices in a single layer on the bottom of a baking dish. Season chicken with salt. Place chicken halves, skin-side down, over onion rings.
- Cook chicken in the preheated oven, turning every 7 minutes, until caramelized, no longer pink at the bone, and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 583.5 calories, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Cholesterol 105.8 mg, Fat 51.9 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 26.1 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 83.3 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
FIG & WINE-SAUCED CHICKEN KABOBS
The well-balanced blend of flavors in these kabobs make them extra special. Figs give the dish a beautiful fruity quality.-Barbara Wheeler, Royal Oak, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Grate 2 onions; place in a large bowl. Add the oil, garlic and chicken; turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight., Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring figs and wine to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until figs are plumped and tender, 50-60 minutes. Remove figs; keep warm. Bring liquid to a boil; cook until reduced to 2/3 cup. Add the marmalade, preserves, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 5-6 minutes., Cut remaining onions into 1-in. pieces. Drain chicken; discard marinade. On 6 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, onions and mushrooms., Grill kabobs, covered, on a lightly oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until juices run clear, 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally., Serve kabobs with rice and reserved figs; drizzle with sauce. Garnish with mint and lemon if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 529 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 273mg sodium, Carbohydrate 80g carbohydrate (59g sugars, Fiber 13g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
EASY GARLIC BROILED CHICKEN
This very easy dish works with any cut of chicken, skin on or off...even with whole split chickens. My family loves this and it takes no time at all. Don't omit the parsley.
Provided by AVASEWELL
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven broiler. Lightly grease a baking pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix the butter, garlic, soy sauce, pepper, and parsley. Cook 2 minutes on High in the microwave, or until butter is melted.
- Arrange chicken on the baking pan, and coat with the butter mixture, reserving some of the mixture for basting.
- Broil chicken 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until juices run clear, turning occasionally and basting with remaining butter mixture. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.6 calories, Carbohydrate 2.3 g, Cholesterol 99.1 mg, Fat 25.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 16.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 615.2 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
More about "broiled chicken with fig sauce recipes"
CHICKEN WITH ORANGE FIG SAUCE - TASTES LOVELY
CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BROILED CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE RECIPE | RECIPE | SAUCE RECIPES ...
SKILLET CHICKEN WITH FIGS RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
THE BEST RECIPES: BROILED CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH FIG CHUTNEY - CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
10 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR GRILLED CHICKEN GREAT | CHICKEN.CA
CHICKEN TENDERS WITH BALSAMIC-FIG SAUCE - CHICKEN
GRILLED DUCK WITH STRAWBERRY-FIG SAUCE RECIPE
BROILED CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE - DINING AND COOKING
BROILED CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
GRILLED CHICKEN AND FIGS RECIPE | VALLEY FIG GROWERS
CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC-FIG SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROAST CHICKEN WITH FIG CHUTNEY SAUCE | RECIPE | GRILLED CHICKEN …
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH FIG SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
WORLD BEST HEALTHY FOOD: BROILED CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE
BROILED CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
GOAT CHEESE AND PISTACHIO STUFFED CHICKEN - IOWA GIRL EATS
EASY BAKED CHICKEN WITH FIG PRESERVES - MON PETIT FOUR®
CHICKEN WITH PORT AND FIGS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
FIG & OLIVE CHICKEN WITH GARLIC PAN SAUCE IS AN EASY DINNER RECIPE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH FIG AND DIJON GLAZE - CHEF IN THE BURBS
10 BEST FIG PRESERVES AND CHICKEN RECIPES - YUMMLY
BAKED CHICKEN WITH FIG-ORANGE-BALSAMIC SAUCE - BROILKING
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH FIG BARBECUE SAUCE - MARTHA STEWART
CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GRILLED FRESH FIGS WITH HONEY YOGURT SAUCE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
BALSAMIC FIG GLAZED CHICKEN - NO SPOON NECESSARY
BROILED CHICKEN THIGHS - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FIG SAUCE FOR MEAT : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BROILED CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE - THE-FLYING-CHEF.COM
BROILED CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE - CHAMPSDIET.COM
GREG'S FOOD LOG: THURSDAY DINNER: BROILED CHICKEN WITH FIG SAUCE
VIDEO: GRILLED CHICKEN WITH FIG BARBECUE SAUCE - MARTHA STEWART
PAN SEARED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH BALSAMIC FIG SAUCE - FAMILY SPICE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #healthy #main-dish #fruit #poultry #easy #kosher #chicken #dietary #low-sodium #low-saturated-fat #low-in-something #meat
You'll also love