BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS
Bone-in turkey breasts are easy to find, and as impressive as a whole bird when you roast them in butter and herbs.
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories Bon Appétit Thanksgiving Poultry turkey Roast Christmas Kid-Friendly Dinner Christmas Eve Butter Sugar Conscious Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Small Plates
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Gently loosen skin from turkey breasts and rub butter under skin and all over outside of breasts; season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and garlic over a large rimmed baking sheet and arrange turkey breasts, skin side up, on top. Roast turkey breasts, turning halfway through, until skin is crisp and golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breasts registers 160°F (for optimal moistness, you will want to cook the white meat of the turkey breasts to a lower internal temperature than you would if cooking a whole bird), 45-55 minutes.
- Transfer turkey breasts to a platter and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve turkey breasts with pan drippings alongside.
CREOLE ROAST TURKEY
Try this the next time you're in the mood for something a little different for your holiday dinner! It's from a November 1987 issue of Bon Appetit featuring a "Creole Thanksgiving". The sensational Creole Butter helps make the breast meat moist and flavorful and the Recipe #337979 adds to the Creole flavor. You may want to adjust the amount of "hot" in the stuffing to your own heat tolerance!
Provided by Leslie in Texas
Categories Whole Turkey
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 325 degrees.
- Pat turkey dry.
- Gently slide fingers between turkey breast skin and meat to loosen skin.
- Rub Creole Butter under skin over breast meat.
- Spoon stuffing into cavity, packing firmly. (You may prefer to cook the stuffing separately, if desired, in a large casserole dish.).
- Truss turkey and arrange breast side up on a rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast turkey until juices run clear when thigh is pierced or meat thermometer registers 170 degrees, basting every 20 minutes with pan juices, 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Transfer turkey to heated platter, tent with foil and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Degrease pan juices.
- Set roasting pan with pan juices over medium-high heat; add stock and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- Boil 5 minutes, thicken with cornstarch or flour slurry if desired and strain into a sauceboat.
- Serve turkey, passing pan juices separately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1490, Fat 80.2, SaturatedFat 25.4, Cholesterol 482, Sodium 1607.2, Carbohydrate 39.3, Fiber 5.3, Sugar 4, Protein 142.7
People also searched
More about "butter roasted turkey breasts recipes"
ROASTED BUTTER HERB TURKEY RECIPE | SANDRA LEE | FOOD …
4.5/5 (310)Difficulty EasyCategory Main-DishSteps 5
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, poultry seasoning, garlic herb sauce mix, and crushed garlic. Use a fork to mix together until well combined. Cover and put in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes, until firm but not hard.
- Arrange celery, carrots, and half of the diced onions in the bottom of a roasting pan. Add chicken broth and set aside.
- Rinse the thawed turkey and pat dry. Use your finger to carefully loosen the skin around the entire bird. Take the butter mixture and cut into large pieces. Place the butter pieces under the skin of the entire turkey. Rub the remaining butter pieces on the outside of the skin and season with salt and pepper. Stuff the inside of turkey cavity with remaining onions, fresh herb poultry blend, and lemon slices. (Truss if necessary.) Insert the pop-up thermometer at an angle about 3-inches down from the neck cavity and 2-inches from the breast bone, in the thickest part of the breast.
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - VERMONT …
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Mix all Compound Butter ingredients in small bowl until well mixed. Rub butter on outside of turkey breasts, gently lifting skin to rub some of the butter directly onto turkey breasts. Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Lay lemon and onion slices evenly in bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Top with turkey breast halves, skin-side up. Place turkey in oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast turkey 1 hour or until skin is golden brown and thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast reaches 165°F. Remove from oven; tent with aluminum foil. Let rest 10 minutes before carving.
ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - ROASTED GARLIC BUTTER …
Ratings 36Calories 505 per servingCategory Main Course
- Heat oven to 325°F and line a large roasting pan with foil. Spray both sides of a wire rack with nonstick cooking spray, and place the wire rack over the pan.
- Pat the turkey breast dry, inside and out, with paper towels and set it, skin side up, on the wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, black pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest.
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER - RECIPETIN …
4.9/5 (32)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory MainsCalories 598 per serving
- Remove fridge chill: Take turkey out of the fridge 45 minutes before cooking (or 30 minutes if it's super hot where you are).
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER - CRAVING TASTY
5/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 206 per serving
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, garlic, rosemary, pepper and thyme.
- Microwave the ingredients on high for 1 minute, or until the butter has fully melted. Remove the bowl from the microwave oven. Mix all ingredients really well and set aside for 5 minutes so the butter gets infused with the garlic and herbs.
- Return the bowl back to the microwave oven and cook the mixture on high for another 30 seconds to ensure that the butter is fully liquefied.
BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
3.5/5 (173)Estimated Reading Time 50 secsServings 8
- Preheat oven to 425°. Gently loosen skin from turkey breasts and rub butter under skin and all over outside of breasts; season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and garlic over a large rimmed baking sheet and arrange turkey breasts, skin side up, on top. Roast turkey breasts, rotating halfway through, until skin is crisp and golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breasts registers 160° (for optimal moistness, you will want to cook the white meat of the turkey breasts to a lower temperature than you would if cooking the whole bird), 45–55 minutes.
ROAST TURKEY WITH HERB BUTTER & ROASTED SHALLOTS RECIPE
4.9/5 (9)Total Time 3 hrs 45 minsCategory EntreesCalories 904 per serving
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together softened butter, sage, thyme and parsley until well combined.
- Remove the neck and other innards from the turkey cavity. Season the cavity with salt and pepper. Place the carrot, celery and onion quarters into the cavity of the turkey.
- Tie the turkey legs together and tuck the wings underneath the turkey, using small skewers to secure, if necessary.
TURKEY COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.6/5 (49)Category Dinner, SauceCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER - …
RECIPES - BUTTER AND HERB TURKEY BREAST ROAST - …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
EVERYDAY TURKEY BREAST ROAST WITH HERBS & BUTTER ...
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS - RECIPE - GLOBAL ANIMAL ...
HERBED BUTTER ROAST TURKEY BREAST | CANADIAN TURKEY
10 BEST ROAST BONELESS TURKEY BREAST RECIPES - YUMMLY
BUTTER AND HERB ROAST TURKEY BREAST - THANKSGIVING FOR TWO
3.7/5 (49)Calories 273 per servingCategory Main Course
- Allow the turkey breast to sit at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking, a cold breast in a hot oven will cook unevenly and be tough. Pre-heat oven to 350 F and make the herb butter by combining the butter, lemon zest, parsley, grated garlic, salt, and a couple cracks of pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside. Peel the turkey skin back, you may need to make a small cut with a knife, use your fingers to peel the skin off the meat to make room for the butter. Stuff the butter under the skin and distribute evenly. If you have room, you can add more butter and even rub it on the other parts of the turkey breast. Cover a sheet tray with tin foil and season the turkey breast with a generous amount of salt on both sides and a few cracks of pepper. Add a bit more salt than you think you need, trust me here.
- Place a digital probe thermometer in the deepest part of the turkey breast, making sure not to hit the bone and roast in the oven until the temperature reaches 154 F, about 45-50 minutes. Turn the broiler to high and broil until the turkey skin is golden and crispy, about 3 minutes(you may have to move the oven rack up). Don’t walk away, watch the turkey to make sure it does not burn. Remove turkey breast from the oven and allow to rest with the thermometer in for 20 minutes under loose tin foil.
- While the turkey is cooking, make the gravy by pre-heating a medium size pot over medium heat along with 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the onions, thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt, a couple cracks of pepper, and cook for 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes then add one more tablespoon of butter. Once the butter is melted, add the flour and whisk well, cook for 5-6 minutes until the color of the flour is medium blond. You will need to whisk pretty much the whole time. Add the chicken stock, whisking well, and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until the gravy has a nice consistency. Add the lemon juice, another ¼ teaspoon salt, a couple cracks of pepper, and check for seasoning. You may need more salt or lemon juice. Keep in the pot until ready to serve and warm as needed, pass gravy through a strainer when ready to serve.
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - DINNER AT ...
5/5 (48)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory MainCalories 399 per serving
- Place the butter, garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley and salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Loosen the skin of the turkey breast. Spread half of the butter underneath the skin of the turkey, and the other half of the butter on top of the turkey breast.
- Place the turkey in the baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until skin has just started to brown.
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST FOR TWO WITH CHILI-HERB BROWN BUTTER ...
Reviews 5Category Dinner/HolidayCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 55 mins
- In a bowl, mix together the Brown Butter, Smoked Chili Flakes, chopped thyme, chopped rosemary, grated garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Scatter some thyme and rosemary sprigs, the full head of garlic, and the unsqueezed lemon half on the baking pan, and arrange turkey breasts, skin side up, on top. Scatter the rest of the thyme, rosemary, garlic, and squeezed lemon half around the baking dish. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Pour the wine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
TURKEY BREAST RECIPE (EASY & HERB BUTTER ROASTED ...
Ratings 1Total Time 2 hrsCategory Main CourseCalories 497 per serving
- Plan ahead, and thaw your turkey roast 1 1/2 to 2 days ahead in the fridge. Place it in a small pan to catch any drips.
- Unwrap the turkey from its package. IMPORTANT: Leave the netting on the turkey so it holds together. Dry off the surface well with paper towels, this helps the butter stick.
ROAST TURKEY - CAFE DELITES - CAFE DELITES - FOR GOOD FOOD ...
5/5 (21)Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsCategory Dinner, ThanksgivingCalories 703 per serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F | 220°C for standard ovens, or 390°F | 200°C for fan forced. Lower oven shelf to the lowest part of your oven.
- Combine the Herb Butter ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Reserve half of the herb butter in the refrigerator for later.
- Line a large roasting pan with foil or parchment paper. Arrange the 4 halves of garlic cut-side down on the bottom of the pan with 4 sprigs each of thyme and rosemary, half of the olive oil and 1 slice of lemon.
- Thoroughly pat turkey dry with paper towels. Stuff with the remaining heads garlic halves, lemon slice, a squeeze of lemon from remaining slice, herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
BUTTER AND WINE BASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 8-10Total Time 2 hrs 50 minsCategory Turkey BreastsCalories 558 per serving
- Place turkey, skin side up, in a shallow roasting pan and insert ovenproof thermometer in the thickest part of the turkey making sure it does not touch the bone.
- While turkey is roasting, mix butter, wine, thyme, salt, paprika, and garlic. After turkey has roasted 1 hour, brush with half of the butter mixture. Roast for 30 more minutes and then brush with remaining butter mixture. Roast for 1 hour longer or until thermometer reads 170º and turkey is no longer pink when you cut into center.
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
Reviews 4Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 5 mins
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Remove the top rack so only the bottom rack is left in the oven.
- In a small bowl, mash butter and seasonings together. Spoon a couple of tablespoons into another bowl and set aside for later.
- Gently lift up the skin of the turkey breast using a spoon or your fingers, keeping the sides intact. Rub the remaining herb butter all over the breast under the skin. Smooth the skin down over the butter, careful not to tear the skin or the butter will just drip out.
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.In a medium size bowl, mix together the thyme, lemon zest, softened butter, salt and pepper.
- Set aside until ready to use.Loosen the skin of the turkey breasts by gently working your hand between the skin and the meat.
- Rub the herb butter under the skin, season the outside with salt and pepper and transfer to a roasting pan fitted with a rack.
AIR FRYER THANKSGIVING TURKEY BREAST | U.S. DAIRY
Servings 8Total Time 55 mins
RECIPE: BUTTER-ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS | RECIPES | STLTODAY.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB INFUSED BUTTER - A ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 50 minsCategory DinnerCalories 497 per serving
HERB CRUSTED (ROASTED )TURKEY BREAST - SAFFRONSTREAKS
Reviews 2Category Main CourseServings 4Total Time 2 hrs 30 mins
BUTTER AND HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - HAPPY HEALTHY MAMA
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 6-8Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins
BUTTER ROASTED WHOLE TURKEY BREAST WITH GRAVY - SIMPLY SCRATCH
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 5 hrs 15 minsCategory Mains & EntreesCalories 267 per serving
HOW TO ROAST AN HERB BUTTER TURKEY BREAST
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 55 minsCategory EntreesCalories 693 per serving
GARLIC BUTTER TURKEY BREAST | PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 566 per serving
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | VALERIE BERTINELLI ...
5/5 (14)Author Valerie BertinelliServings 6Category Main-Dish
HERB-FLAVORED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST | BUTTERBALL®
Cuisine AmericanCategory DinnerServings 4Total Time 3 hrs
BUTTER-BASTED HERBED TURKEY - MRFOOD.COM
3/5 (6)Category Turkey, Misc. Poultry
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST STEAKS - THERESCIPES.INFO
HERB RUBBED TURKEY BREAST : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
BUTTER BALL - OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST CALORIES, CARBS ...
TURKEY BREAST WITH SAGE AND BUTTER : KETORECIPES
DINNER RECIPES WITH BACON, BUTTER, GARLIC & TURKEY BREAST
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC ASSEMBLE BUTTER
THE JUCIEST HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST| HOW TO ...
HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREASTS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BEST LEMON-SAGE BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY RECIPES ...
HOW TO MAKE A BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY | GO BOLD WITH BUTTER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a turkey breast with butter and garlic?Mix 1/4 cup butter, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place turkey breast with skin side up into a roasting pan. Loosen skin with your fingers; brush half the butter mixture over the turkey breast and underneath the skin.
How long do you cook a turkey breast in the oven?Spread half of the butter underneath the skin of the turkey, and the other half of the butter on top of the turkey breast. Place the turkey in the baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until skin has just started to brown.
What is a roasted turkey breast?This roasted turkey breast is coated in a savory garlic and herb butter, then baked to golden brown perfection. The perfect quick and easy option for a holiday meal or everyday dinner! When I’m feeding a crowd for the holidays, I make a whole roasted turkey. When I’m entertaining a smaller group, I opt for a roasted turkey breast instead.
Is there butter under the skin of a turkey breast?You’ll be the talk of your holiday gatherings with this Garlic Herb Butter Roast Turkey Breast! With herb butter smeared under the skin so it drips down and bastes the turkey while it roasts, the skin is loaded with flavour while the flesh is beautifully juicy.