- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" pieces
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- 3 24.7-ounce jars pitted sour cherries in syrup, drained well (about 6 cups)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- Special Equipment
- A 9" pie dish
- For crumble:
- Whisk all ingredients except butter in a medium bowl until no lumps of sugar remain. Rub butter into oat mixture with your fingertips until it's completely incorporated. If butter begins to soften while mixing, chill mixture to firm it up, about 15 minutes (cold butter ensures a flaky, tender crumble). Cover and chill crumble up to 5 days ahead.
- For pie:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; lightly coat with nonstick spray (for easy cleanup in case the pie bubbles over) and set aside. Line pie dish with crust and crimp edges decoratively. Place pie dish on prepared baking sheet.
- Combine cherries and remaining 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, gently mix until cherries are coated and mixture is evenly distributed.
- Pour cherries into pie crust and top evenly with crumble. Bake until pie crust and center of crumble are deep golden brown and juices from cherries are bubbling and look thickened, 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours. (The juices will begin to ooze out of crust and onto foillined sheet.) Let pie cool for at least 2 hours at room temperature to allow filling to set properly. (Cutting into the pie before it's set will result in a runny filling.) Cover and let stand up to 1 day at room temperature.
Top Asked Questions
What kind of alcohol do you put in a Bourbon Cherry Pie?That’s what summer is all about right there. Other kinds of alcohol you can use are rum, tequila, vodka, brandy or wine. Or if you’re really opposed to the alcohol then you can skip it and add fruit juice or water instead. But I’m assuming that since you’re reading this Bourbon Cherry Pie recipe that you’re on team bourbon just like me.
How do you make a boozy Cherry Pie?This boozy, fresh cherry pie will be a hit for dessert any night! Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large pot add the cherries, sugar and lemon juice. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, then sprinkle in the flour. Stir and the mixture and bring back to a boil to thicken, then remove from the heat.
What filling goes well with fresh cherries?The fresh cherries in this pie filling are splashed with a touch of bourbon, that really helps bring out the flavor and sweetness in the fresh cherries. I wouldn’t steer you wrong here guys, fresh cherries – splash of bourbon = amazing cherry pie.
Is it OK to buy cherry pie filling?But please don’t ever buy cherry pie filling, unless you’re making these FIREBALL WHISKEY CHEESECAKE SHOTS, then it’s completely appropriate. The fresh cherries in this pie filling are splashed with a touch of bourbon, that really helps bring out the flavor and sweetness in the fresh cherries.
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Catherine McCord
This is my technique for veal demi-glace, and there's not much to it. I'm going for a pure veal stock reduction, fortified with nothing more than mirepoix...
Provided by Chef John
OMG!!! I had to make this cake this past Sunday for my Mary Kay party.. It was a huge hit. It was also devoured!! So easy,so good,so sinfully rich..if...
Provided by vicky hunt
Good food doesn't always have to cost a fortune! Your family will love this. Full of flavor and easy on your pocket book!
Provided by Melissa Baldan
This is a very good potato dish , I stem baby red potatoes and smother them in real butter and parsley flakes. I enjoy a dollop of sour cream on mine but...
Provided by Karla Everett
Provided by á-174942
Try this Instant Pot®-friendly variation of a traditional bean stew from the Portuguese region of Azores. This can be served alone, or over rice, and...
Provided by Ryan C Mathews
Provided by Florence Fabricant
A unique twist on a classic white chocolate fudge recipe! While quick and easy to prepare, Bruce's® Yams Salted Cashew Sweet Potato Fudge is a nutty,...
Provided by Bruce's Yams
Sure you can make a quick Chicken Pot Pie using already made pie crust, canned soups, vegetables and chicken. Just think about all the salt in those ingredients....
Provided by Julia Ferguson
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some...
Provided by Taste of Home
Dis is da toe curlin Texicajun hybrid of a classic dish. This will put a smile on everyone's face that's eatin it. Throw on some Zydeco music and serve...
Provided by Lupe Boudreaux
Provided by Kemp Minifie
This is a tender and delicious baked pork chop recipe, with an Italian flair.
Provided by larvia57
People also searched
More about "cherry bourbon pie food"
BOURBON CHERRY PIE - MANTITLEMENT
Reviews 1Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 55 mins
BOURBON CHERRY PIE RECIPE | THE WHISKEY REVIEWER
GIANT BOURBON-CHERRY TOASTER TART PIE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Damaris PhillipsSteps 4Difficulty Intermediate
BOURBON-SOAKED CHERRY-CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE RECIPE | FOOD …
Author Jason SmithSteps 8Difficulty Easy
BOURBON CHERRY PIE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BOURBON CHERRY GALETTE | FOODTALK
BOURBON PECAN CHERRY HAND PIES. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
CHERRY BOURBON HAND PIES - JAMIE GELLER
CHERRY-BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHERRY-BOURBON PIE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
CHERRY BOURBON RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BLUEBERRY CHERRY PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SPICED BOURBON CHERRY PIE - ALMONDS & APRICOTS
CHERRY-BOURBON PIE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | SAVORY CHERRY RECIPES ...
CHERRY-BOURBON PIE | RECIPE IN 2021 | CHERRY BOURBON PIE, …
BOURBON CHERRY CRISP - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BOURBON CHERRY PIE NO CHURN ICE CREAM - THE WOKS OF LIFE
TRIPLE-CHERRY HONEY-BOURBON PIE | CHOOSE CHERRIES
CHERRY BOURBON PIE | RECIPE | CHERRY BOURBON PIE, RECIPES, CHERRY …
BOURBON CHERRY APPLE PIE - A COOKIE NAMED DESIRE
JODI ARIAS'S CHERRY BOURBON PIE — BAKING A MURDERER
CHERRY BOURBON PIE FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
EASY BOURBON CHERRY PIE FILLING - SOUFFLE BOMBAY
HONEY BOURBON CHERRY PIE - SOUTH SHORE KITCHEN
CHERRY-BOURBON PIE - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
BOURBON CHERRY PIE | SEL ET SUCRE
DEEP DISH BOURBON APPLE CHERRY PIE - AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
THE PIE RECIPES - NO MORE MR. NICE PIE
BAKED CHERRY BOURBON PIE RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
BULLEIT CHERRY PIE RECIPE - THE BOURBON REVIEW
VANILLA BOURBON CHERRY PIE - NORDIC WARE
VANILLA BOURBON CHERRY-BLUEBERRY PIE. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
BOURBON CHERRY PIE WITH CRUMBLE TOPPING - BLUE BOWL
BOURBON SOUR CHERRY PIE | ADD A BOURBON TWIST TO A CLASSIC CHERRY …
GLUTEN-FREE CHERRY PIE WITH BOURBON & SPICE - THE BOJON GOURMET
SIMPLE RECIPES 螺 CHERRY-BOURBON PIE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
CHOCOLATE CHERRY BOURBON SLAB PIE - BEYOND THE BUTTER
TART CHERRY BOURBON PIE - BIGOVEN.COM
MAPLE VANILLA BOURBON CHERRY PIE FROM SCRATCH
CHERRY-BOURBON PIE RECIPE - BON APPéTIT | CHERRY BOURBON PIE ...