DUTCH OVEN PAELLA
Don't have a paella pan? Here's a dutch oven recipe from America's Test Kitchen. The Dutch oven should be 11 to 12 inches with at least a 6-quart capacity.
Provided by Mulligan
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position; heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss shrimp, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 teaspoon garlic in medium bowl; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until skin begins to blister and turn spotty black, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer peppers to small plate and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to now-empty Dutch oven; heat oil until shimmering but not smoking. Add chicken pieces in single layer; cook, without moving pieces, until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn pieces and brown on second side, about 3 minutes longer; transfer chicken to medium bowl. Reduce heat to medium and add chorizo to pot; cook, stirring frequently, until deeply browned and fat begins to render, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer chorizo to bowl with chicken and set aside.
- Add enough oil to fat in Dutch oven to equal 2 tablespoons; heat over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes; stir in remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes; cook until mixture begins to darken and thicken slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cook until grains are well coated with tomato mixture, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, wine, saffron, bay, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Return chicken and chorizo to pot, increase heat to medium-high and bring to boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Cover pot and transfer to oven; cook until rice absorbs almost all liquid, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from oven (close oven door to retain heat). Uncover pot; scatter shrimp over rice, insert mussels hinged side down into rice (so they stand upright), arrange bell pepper strips in pinwheel pattern, and scatter peas over top.
- Cover and return to oven; cook until shrimp are opaque and mussels have opened, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let paella stand, covered, about 5 minutes. Discard any mussels that have not opened and bay leaf, if it can be easily removed. Sprinkle with parsley and serve, passing lemon wedges separately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 668.7, Fat 20.4, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 200.4, Sodium 1120.1, Carbohydrate 66.8, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 5.2, Protein 47.3
More about "dutch oven paella recipes"
VALERIE'S SUPER EASY OVEN PAELLA RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Valerie BertinelliSteps 6Difficulty Easy
QUICK PAELLA WITH CHORIZO, SHRIMP AND CHICKEN - FOOD NETWORK
Author Geoffrey ZakarianSteps 3Difficulty Easy
BEST 40 DUTCH OVEN RECIPES - THE WHOLESOME LIST IN 2022
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA | AMBITIOUS-KITCHEN
EASY PAELLA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
OVEN-BAKED PAELLA WITH SEAFOOD AND CHORIZO - WILLIAMS SONOMA
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA - CHEESESLAVE
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA - SPOONACULAR.COM
UPSIDE-DOWN DUTCH OVEN PAELLA | SCOUTMASTERCG.COM
DUTCH-OVEN PAELLA - BIGOVEN.COM
HOW TO COOK PAELLA STYLE IN A DUTCH OVEN ON THE FIRE. - YOUTUBE
PAELLA RECIPE - DUTCH OVEN RICE RECIPES
CAMPFIRE RECIPES - DUTCH OVEN CHICKEN PAELLA | 4WAAM
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
OVEN-BAKED PAELLA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
NO PAELLA PAN? HERE ARE 7 PAELLA PAN SUBSTITUTES - KITCHENFEEDS
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
DUTCH OVEN SEAFOOD RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TIPS FOR COOKING PAELLA IN THE KITCHEN ON THE STOVE OR IN A …
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA FOR CAMPING - CAMPING-REVIEW
MARKSBLACKPOT: DUTCH OVEN RECIPES AND COOKING: DUTCH OVEN …
PAELLA IN THE OVEN RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
LOCOCO'S - FRESH FRUITS, FRESH VEGETABLES, FRESH MEAT.
EASY PAELLA RECIPE - NYT COOKING
DUTCH OVEN: QUESTIONS (AND ANSWERS) ABOUT DUTCH OVEN FROM …
AUTHENTIC SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - SPAIN ON A FORK
PAELLA RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA - SPOONACULAR
CHICKEN & CHORIZO PAELLA - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
AUTHENTIC SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE WITH SAFFRON - HIP FOODIE MOM
QUICK AND EASY PAELLA - ALLRECIPES
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
OVEN BAKED PAELLA - THERESCIPES.INFO
VEGETABLE PAELLA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
SEAFOOD CAMPFIRE PAELLA RECIPE - FRESH OFF THE GRID
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA - CWEB.COM - TRENDING NEWS, BUSINESS , SPORTS ...
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA - FOODS AND DIET
OVEN PAELLA WITH CHICKEN, SHRIMP, AND CHORIZO - THE DAILY MEAL
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA- WIKIFOODHUB
DUTCH OVEN PAELLA RECIPE FOR CAMPING
ONE-POT BAKED PAELLA - SO GOOD! - COOKTHESTORY
HOW TO COOK CAMPFIRE PAELLA - REI CO-OP JOURNAL
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
RECIPES, COOKING TIPS, AND FOOD NEWS | DUTCH OVEN PAELLA
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #cuisine #preparation #healthy #spanish #european #dietary #low-calorie #low-in-something
You'll also love