HOMEMADE RED VELVET CAKE
Hope Meece of Ambia, Indiana took a cherished family recipe, downsized it for a pair, and came up with this cute rendition of a luscious old classic.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon red liquid food coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the sour cream, egg, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. , Pour into three 5x3x2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in a small saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cover; cool to room temperature. , In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla and milk mixture until fluffy. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 calories, Fat 21g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 78mg cholesterol, Sodium 374mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (30g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
Top Asked Questions
How to make a red velvet cake?Red Velvet Cake 1 Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. 2 Grease and lightly flour a 9x13 inch baking pan. 3 Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. ... 4 In a separate large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy. 5 Beat in the oil, followed by the eggs, vanilla extract & red food coloring. More items...
What kind of flour do you use to make red velvet?Although cake flour is usually used for classic red velvet recipes to make it light, I wanted to stick to all-purpose flour in my recipe, so that everyone can make it. I use a combination of all purpose flour and cornstarch, so the cake turns out tender and delicious.
How many red velvet desserts are there?Let’s dig into this list of 25 red velvet desserts, so you can start planning your grocery run. 1. Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting I just had to begin this list with the star of the show. Classic, gorgeous, tender, sweet, and swoon-worthy, everyone loves red velvet cake.
Why do you add buttermilk to Red Velvet?It also helps to bring out the red color of the cake when it reacts with the cocoa powder, and it adds just enough acidity to give the cake it’s classic red velvet flavor. Make sure your butter, eggs and buttermilk are at room temperature before getting started so you don’t have to over mix your cake batter.
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Catherine McCord
This is my technique for veal demi-glace, and there's not much to it. I'm going for a pure veal stock reduction, fortified with nothing more than mirepoix...
Provided by Chef John
OMG!!! I had to make this cake this past Sunday for my Mary Kay party.. It was a huge hit. It was also devoured!! So easy,so good,so sinfully rich..if...
Provided by vicky hunt
Good food doesn't always have to cost a fortune! Your family will love this. Full of flavor and easy on your pocket book!
Provided by Melissa Baldan
This is a very good potato dish , I stem baby red potatoes and smother them in real butter and parsley flakes. I enjoy a dollop of sour cream on mine but...
Provided by Karla Everett
Provided by á-174942
Try this Instant Pot®-friendly variation of a traditional bean stew from the Portuguese region of Azores. This can be served alone, or over rice, and...
Provided by Ryan C Mathews
Provided by Florence Fabricant
A unique twist on a classic white chocolate fudge recipe! While quick and easy to prepare, Bruce's® Yams Salted Cashew Sweet Potato Fudge is a nutty,...
Provided by Bruce's Yams
Sure you can make a quick Chicken Pot Pie using already made pie crust, canned soups, vegetables and chicken. Just think about all the salt in those ingredients....
Provided by Julia Ferguson
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some...
Provided by Taste of Home
Dis is da toe curlin Texicajun hybrid of a classic dish. This will put a smile on everyone's face that's eatin it. Throw on some Zydeco music and serve...
Provided by Lupe Boudreaux
Provided by Kemp Minifie
This is a tender and delicious baked pork chop recipe, with an Italian flair.
Provided by larvia57
People also searched
More about "easy red velvet cake food"
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF …
4.5/5 (15)Category DessertsServings 12Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. , Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, whisk flour and milk in a small saucepan until smooth.
EASY RED VELVET CAKE - JUST SO TASTY
4.9/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 459 per serving
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (10)Total Time 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 284 per serving
- Place the dry cake mix in a large bowl and add in the amount of water suggested on the box, then add in cocoa powder, vinegar, eggs, food colouring and oil; mix all ingredients thoroughly using an electric mixer until well blended.
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE (EASY RECIPE) - PRETTY. SIMPLE ...
4.9/5 (48)Servings 8
- To make the cake: Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease two 8-inch or 9-inch cake pans that are at least 2-inches high, and line the bottom of the pan with a round piece of parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. Beat in oil. The batter might look a bit curdled, that's ok. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Add vanilla and vinegar and beat until combined. Add red food coloring, until desired color is reached. With the mixer on low speed, add half of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Add buttermilk, followed by the rest of the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool in the pan on a wire rack until they're easy to handle, then remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (92)Total Time 40 minsCategory Red Velvet CakeCalories 155 per serving
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Johnnie GabrielSteps 8Difficulty Easy
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 7Difficulty Intermediate
HOMEMADE RED VELVET CAKE | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE FROM SCRATCH - MY CAKE SCHOOL
RED VELVET BUNDT CAKE - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
RED VELVET CAKE - RICARDO
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - TASTEBOTANICAL - FOR ...
RED VELVET CAKE: MOIST, FLAVORFUL, & SO EASY! -BAKING A MOMENT
10 BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST HOMEMADE RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY ...
EASY RED VELVET SHEET CAKE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
THE BEST EVER RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES | BAKE WITH ANNA OLSON
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY ONE BOWL HOMEMADE RED VELVET CAKE - THE BUSY BAKER
CONDENSED MILK RED VELVET POKE CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE WITH CAKE MIX - SAVVY APRON
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - MOIST & FLUFFY | HANDLE ...
BEST SOUTHERN RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE (3-INGREDIENTS)
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE (SO EASY) - SWEETEST MENU
EASY RED VELVET SHEET CAKE - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
RED VELVET RECIPES | EASY HOMEMADE DIY DESSERTS BY SO ...
11 BEST HOMEMADE RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE ...
CAKE MIX CHEESECAKE BROWNIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE WORLD'S BEST EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - PRETTY ...
ONE LAYER RED VELVET CAKE - RICARDO
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
MOST AMAZING RED VELVET CAKE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
BEST RED VELVET CAKE - CAFE DELITES - FOR GOOD FOOD LOVERS
NO FAIL RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE: EASY STEPS, BEAUTIFUL RESULTS
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY RED VELVET BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
RED VELVET CAKE - RECIPETIN EATS
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
RED VELVET CAKE - JO COOKS
EASY RED VELVET CAKE - LET'S EAT CUISINE