GARLIC-CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS
Provided by Kemp Minifie
Categories Garlic Poultry turkey Thanksgiving Backyard BBQ Dinner Grill Grill/Barbecue Gourmet Sugar Conscious Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 8 servings as part of a larger Thanksgiving meal or 4 as a single main course
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Pull off turkey skin and freeze in a small resealable plastic bag. (You can use the skin to make cracklings for our Shredded Kale Salad with Turkey Skin Cracklings. )
- Cut out the thigh bone from each thigh and save in another resealable plastic bag in the freezer for a future stock.
- Mash garlic to a paste with 2 teaspoons salt in a mortar and pestle or mince and mash to a paste with a heavy knife.
- Whisk together the paste with the chili powder, cumin, and olive oil and spread it all over the thighs in a baking dish. Cover the dish and marinate the thighs, chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium-high for gas); see Grilling Procedure, below.
- Oil grill rack, then grill thighs (cover only if using a gas grill), turning once or twice, until thermometer registers 170°F, 15 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Grilling Procedure:
- Charcoal Grilling Instructions: Open vents on bottom of grill. Light a large chimney starter full of charcoal (preferably hardwood).
- For Direct-Heat Instructions: When coals are lit, dump them out across bottom rack, leaving a space free of coals on one side of grill equal to the size of the food to be grilled where food can be moved in case of any flare-ups.
- When charcoal turns grayish white (start checking coals after 15 minutes), the grill will be at its hottest and will then begin to cool off. It will be at the proper medium-hot temperature when you can hold your hand 5 inches above the grill rack (directly over the coals) for 3 to 4 seconds.
- Gas Grill Instructions: Preheat all burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then adjust heat according to recipe.
CONFIT TURKEY WITH CHILES AND GARLIC
With the texture of duck confit, and extra-rich, deep flavor closer to pork carnitas than your average Thanksgiving bird, these turkey legs beg to fall apart with the push of a fork
Provided by Chris Morocco
Yield 4 - 6 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine brown sugar, black pepper, and 2 Tbsp. kosher salt in a small bowl. Place turkey legs in a baking dish just big enough to fit them or a medium Dutch oven. Sprinkle all over with brown sugar mixture and scatter smashed garlic cloves around. Let sit at room temperature at least 2 hours, or chill up to 12 hours (more time makes a big difference).
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 275°F. Cut heads of garlic heads in half crosswise. Nestle around turkey legs along with chiles and oregano sprigs. Pour in oil until turkey is mostly if not completely submerged (shove chiles down since they can burn if above the surface of the oil). You may need a bit more oil depending on your pot and size of turkey legs; don't worry, this oil can be reused in all kinds of ways so it won't go to waste!
- Braise turkey, uncovered, until meat has shrunk away from drumsticks dramatically and meat shreds easily with firm pressure, 3-4 hours (a few bubbles is okay, but anything above a lazy simmer and you should reduce the heat). Let meat rest, still submerged in fat, at least 1 hour.
- Pick out chiles from braising oil with tongs and place in a blender; add red pepper flakes and 1 cup braising oil. Let cool slightly, then blend until chiles are coarsely chopped. Add almonds and pulse until largest pieces are no bigger than a red pepper flake. Add sesame seeds and pulse just to combine. Season with remaining ¼ tsp. salt and add more red pepper flakes if desired.
- If eating right away, heat 2 Tbsp. braising oil in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Cook turkey legs, carefully turning with 2 pairs of tongs, until brown and crisp all over, 8-10 minutes. Serve with the almond-chile sauce.
- Don't discard the braising oil or the juices below: Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a heatproof container. Skim off fat to use for roasting potatoes, or your next confit project. Use juices in another braise, or stir into a pot of beans.
- Do ahead: Turkey can be braised 4 days ahead. Let cool, cover and chill (still in oil). Reheat, uncovered, in a 275°F oven until warmed through, about 40 minutes, before browning.
People also searched
More about "garlic chile grilled turkey thighs recipes"
CHILE-GARLIC GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 3-5Total Time 55 minsCategory PoultryCalories 133 per serving
- Place first four ingredients in a mini bowl for a food processor or a blender jar, and puree thoroughly.
- Slide your fingers in between the skin and the flesh of the thighs, but do not remove the skin. Pour some of the seasoning mixture in the space between the skin and the flesh of each thigh and massage it to spread it as much as possible. Stretch the skin back to its original position, turn the thighs, and massage the remainder of the mixture into the underside of each piece. Place on a plate, cover well with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill on low heat, turning occasionally, until the meat registers 155 to 160 degrees on a meat thermometer, about 30 to 45 minutes depending upon grill temperature. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS - THE TURKEY SHOPPE
MAPLE SOY GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS - THE RECIPE REBEL
GRILLED MEDITERRANEAN-INSPIRED CITRUS CHICKEN THIGHS ...
7 TURKEY THIGH RECIPES IDEAS - FOOD NEWS
GARLIC-CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES ...
GARLIC-CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
GRILLED LEMON-GARLIC TURKEY RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
TURKEY THIGHS MARINADE FOR GRILLING - ALL INFORMATION ...
GRILLED HAWAIIAN TURKEY THIGHS | BLUE RHINO
GRILLED THAI TURKEY THIGHS (PALEO, WHOLE30, LOW CARB)
HOW TO GRILL TURKEY THIGHS - 4THEGRILL.COM
GRILLED TURKEY THIGH RECIPES MARTHA - CREATE THE MOST ...
RECIPES/GARLIC-CHILE-GRILLED-TURKEY-THIGHS-369380.JSON AT ...
10 BEST GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS RECIPES | YUMMLY
TURKEY THIGH AND HOMINY CHILI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS | CANADIAN TURKEY
GARLIC-CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR ...
GLAZED GRILLED TURKEY - BARBECUE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
THE BEST GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS - FAITHFULLY GLUTEN FREE
GRILLED HAWAIIAN TURKEY THIGHS - IMMAEATTHAT
GARLIC-CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
GARLIC-CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS RECIPE FOR MANAGING ...
GARLIC-CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS
GRILLED TURKEY THIGH TACO BOWLS | CANADIAN TURKEY
GRILLED HAWAIIAN TURKEY THIGHS - TURKEY SMOKE
GARLIC CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
GRILLED GREEN CHILE TURKEY BURGERS - RECIPE CAP
GARLIC-CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
10 BEST TURKEY THIGHS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GARLIC-CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS - PINTEREST.COM
【COOKED】GRILLED CHICKEN THIGH RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
ROASTED TURKEY THIGHS WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER - EATWELL101
10 BEST GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS RECIPES - YUMMLY
GARLIC GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS - WIDE OPEN EATS
15 GARLIC CHICKEN THIGH RECIPES TO MAKE FOR DINNER ...
BBQ TURKEY THIGHS ON GRILL - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
COOKING TURKEY THIGHS ON GRILL - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
HOW TO COOKING: GARLIC-CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS
GARLIC-CHILE GRILLED TURKEY THIGHS | GRILLED TURKEY ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook turkey thighs on the grill?Directions. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Preheat your barbecue to 400 o F (205 o C). Place the turkey thighs on the preheated grill and cook for 30-35 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165 o F (74 o C). Baste the turkey thighs with your favourite (gluten-free) barbecue sauce during the last 5 minutes...
How do you marinate turkey thighs?Place turkey thighs in a medium glass container or a large freezer bag. In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together maple syrup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and salt. Pour half of the marinade into the container or bag with the turkey.
What's in a grilled Turkey?· Oil: Vegetable oil seals in moisture, while giving the seasonings something to stick to. · Seasonings: This grilled turkey is flavored with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. You'll find the full, step-by-step recipe below — but here's a brief overview of what you can expect when you grill a turkey:
How do you cook chicken thighs on a gas grill?Oil grill rack, then grill thighs (cover only if using a gas grill), turning once or twice, until thermometer registers 170°F, 15 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Open vents on bottom of grill. Light a large chimney starter full of charcoal (preferably hardwood).