- Sift together salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, flour, and baking soda.
- Cream shortening and sugar gradually, then add molasses and eggs. Mix in sifted ingredients. Stir in hot coffee; batter will be thin.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.8 calories, Carbohydrate 49.7 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 9.7 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 227.3 mg, Sugar 24.2 g
GINGER-MOLASSES BUNDT CAKE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 10 to 12 slices of cake
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Whisk 2 3/4 cups flour, 2 tablespoons gingerbread spice, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon each baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, beat 2 sticks softened butter and 1 2/3 cups light brown sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, 4 minutes. Beat in 4 eggs, one at a time, then beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat in 1/4 cup molasses on low speed, then beat in the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with 3/4 cup milk. Pour into a buttered and floured 10-cup bundt pan. Bake at 350˚ until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioner's sugar.
FAVORITE OLD FASHIONED GINGERBREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the egg, and mix in the molasses.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in the hot water. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375.1 calories, Carbohydrate 65.3 g, Cholesterol 47.8 mg, Fat 11.2 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 434.7 mg, Sugar 31.5 g
"This dark moist cake combines the old-fashioned flavors of ginger and molasses," says Ila Alderman of Galax, Virginia. "The recipe was passed down to me from a dear aunt."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the water and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with molasses mixture, beating well after each addition. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan., Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 150mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
APRIL BLOOMFIELD'S GINGER CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees with a rack set in the center. Generously butter an 8-inch round, 3-inch high springform pan. Line bottom with parchment paper and place on baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. In a small saucepan, stir together boiling water, molasses, and baking soda until molasses has completely dissolved.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Reduce speed to medium-low and add egg; mix until combined. Add grated ginger and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the molasses mixture, scraping down sides as necessary. Batter will be very wet. Pour batter into prepared pan and transfer to oven. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool slightly before removing ring from springform pan; serve warm.
OLD-FASHIONED MOLASSES CAKE
This old-time spice cake is lower in fat but big on flavor. Serve it warm for breakfast on a frosty morning or have a square with hot cider on a snowy afternoon. It's a great cold-weather treat. -Deanne Bagley, Bath, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with water, mixing well after each addition., Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 205mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
GINGER MOLASSES BUNDT CAKE
Serve this cake drizzled with caramel sauce (recipe #78088 goes well with this cake) and whipped cream, it's moist, rich and so delicious, and even better made a day ahead!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Set oven to 350° (oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Grease and flour a 12-inch Bundt pan (shake out excess flour).
- Sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a small bowl.
- Add a medium bowl, beat or whisk the molasses, sugar, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Whisk in 1 cup boiling water and oil, then the dry ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until cake test done.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then invert to a plate to cool completely.
- Serve slices of cake drizzled with caramel topping and a dollup of whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475, Fat 20.4, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 37.4, Sodium 389.2, Carbohydrate 68.9, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 36.7, Protein 4.8
LEMON GINGER MOLASSES CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch round baking pan, line with parchment paper, then grease and flour the pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Add the eggs, one at a time, the molasses, and the 2 teaspoons of lemon zest and mix until combined. (The batter may look curdled.)
- Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, scraping down the sides. Mix until smooth. With a rubber spatula, fold in the 1/3 cup of crystallized ginger.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick just comes out clean. Don¿t overbake it! Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, turn out onto a baking rack, and cool completely. Spread the top with whipped cream and sprinkle with crystallized ginger and grated lemon zest.
- Place the cream, confectioners' sugar, granulated sugar, creme fraiche, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high speed, until it forms soft peaks. Serve cold.
DARK MOLASSES GINGERBREAD CAKE
A very dark and moist cake, it is best served the day after making so the spices have a chance to blend. serve with fresh whipped cream if desired.
Provided by Brookelynne26
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Using a wire whisk, blend in the spices and salt. Melt the butter in the boiling water and whisk mixture into the flour mixture. Add the eggs and molasses and whisk until blended.
- Turn into a buttered and floured 8x8 inch baking pan. Bkae for 35-40 minutes, until; well done and a toothpick plunged in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.6, Fat 13.1, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 77, Sodium 320.2, Carbohydrate 72.3, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 35.2, Protein 5
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Sift first 5 ingredients into medium bowl. Whisk molasses, sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Whisk in 1 cup boiling water and oil, then dry ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 20 minutes. Turn out onto plate; cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and store at room temperature.) Cut cake into wedges. Serve with warm caramel sauce and whipped cream.
MOLASSES GINGER CAKE
This easy, dense dark cake packs in a lot of flavor. Molasses, a slightly bitter sweetener, is key, giving the cake just the right character. Chopped dates, raisins and a good dose of black pepper are all in evidence, along with ginger and cinnamon. The end result is so good: If you bet you can stop at one slice, you'll surely lose the wager.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch cake pan and line with parchment. Butter the parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, ginger, baking powder, pepper and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together molasses, sugar and melted butter. Add eggs, and whisk well. Stir in raisins and dates.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold the dry ingredients into wet ingredients until incorporated and no streaks of flour remain. The batter will be stiff. Spread batter into prepared cake pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake until a testing skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Run a knife along the edge of the cake, and, once cooled, transfer to a serving platter. Slice into wedges and serve with whipped cream, if desired.
More about "ginger molasses cake recipes"
OLD FASHIONED GINGERBREAD CAKE - CROSBY'S MOLASSES
GINGERBREAD CAKE RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
10 BEST MOIST GINGER CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRESH GINGER AND MOLASSES CAKE | RECIPE | CUISINE FIEND
BEST LEMON GINGER MOLASSES CAKE RECIPES | FOOD …
2.2/5 (115)Category Bake,Citrus,Dessert,Eggs And DairyServings 8Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
GINGER LEMON MOLASSES CAKE – DAN'S FOOD BLOG
OLD-FASHIONED GINGERBREAD CAKE - THE SEASONED MOM
MOLASSES-GINGERBREAD CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GINGER MOLASSES BUNDT CAKE WITH FESTIVE GLAZE - CTV
DARK MOLASSES GINGERBREAD CAKE | THE SPLENDID TABLE
WARM GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH HONEY, MOLASSES, BROWN SUGAR AND
RECIPE: FEIJOA, MOLASSES AND GINGER CAKE - THE CAKER
GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH CINNAMON MOLASSES FROSTING
MOLASSES CARROT CAKE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DAVID LEBOVITZ'S FRESH GINGER & MOLASSES CAKE - BROMA BAKERY
REMARKABLE GINGERBREAD CAKE RECIPE WITHOUT MOLASSES
GINGER MOLASSES RUM CAKE RECIPE | TASTING TABLE
GINGER AND MOLASSES CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
CLASSIC GINGERBREAD CAKE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BEST GINGERBREAD CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD CAKE
BEST CLASSIC GINGERBREAD CAKE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
GINGER CAKE | CANADIAN LIVING
MOIST GINGERBREAD SNACK CAKE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
MOLASSES-GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH MASCARPONE CREAM RECIPE
GINGERBREAD LAYER CAKE WITH MOLASSES BUTTERCREAM
ONE-BOWL GINGERBREAD CAKE FOR A CROWD - CROSBY'S MOLASSES
SHOOFLY CAKE RECIPE, AMISH MOLASSES CAKE - AMISH HERITAGE
GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH MOLASSES CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
MOLASSES GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH MASCARPONE CREAM RECIPE
DELICIOUSLY MOIST GINGERBREAD CAKE RECIPE - GRANDBABY CAKES
GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH MOLASSES - SOUTHERN EATS & GOODIES
RECIPE: DARK MOLASSES GINGERBREAD CAKE - KITCHN
TAKE A WHIFF AND A TASTE OF THE VIOLET BAKERY’S GINGER MOLASSES …
MOLASSES-GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH MASCARPONE CREAM - FOOD & WINE
You'll also love