I came up with these cookies as a treat for my kids' class parties. Not only do they look cute, but they are also delicious.-Starrlette Howard, Ogden, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour, oats, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture., If necessary, cover and refrigerate dough 1 hour or until firm enough to shape. Divide dough in half; shape 1 portion into an 8-in.-long roll. Mix melted chocolate into remaining dough. Roll chocolate dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper into an 8-in. square. Place plain roll on chocolate dough. Wrap chocolate dough around plain dough, pinching together at the seam to seal. Wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or until firm., Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 24 slices 3/8 in. thick. To make owls, place two slices side by side on an ungreased baking sheet; pinch the top of each slice for ears. Place a cashew between slices for a beak. Repeat with remaining dough., Bake 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. While cookies are warm, place 2 kisses on each cookie, pointed side down, for eyes. (Kisses will melt slightly.) Top each kiss with a chocolate chip. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 456 calories, Fat 28g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 340mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
HOOT OWL COOKIES
A friend gave me this recipe but the original creator is Natialie Riggin from Olmypia, Washington. Two slices of refrigerator cookies are baked together with chocolate chips for the eyes and a cashew nut for the beak. A clever party cookie.
Provided by Curlee
Yield 48 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter, gradually add brown sugar, creaming well. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Blend in the dry ingredients gradually; mix thoroughly.
- Melt chocolate together, cool and add baking soda.
- Remove 2/3 of dough to floured surface. Blend chocolate mixture into remaining dough; chill if necessary for easier handling.
- Roll out half the light dough to a 10 x 4 1/4" strip. Shape half of dark dough into a roll 10 inches long; place on strip of light dough. Mold sides of light dough around dark: wrap in foil. Repeat with remaining dough. Chill at least 2 hours.
- Cut into slices 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and place two slices toghter on a greased baking sheet to resemble an owl. Pinch a corner of each slice to form ears. Place a chocolate chip in the center of each slice for eyes; press a whole cashew nut between slices for a beak.
- Bake 350f 8-12 minutes. Remove from sheets immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.9, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 11.5, Sodium 74.3, Carbohydrate 9.8, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 4.5, Protein 1
People also searched
More about "hoot owl cookies recipes"
HOOT OWL COOKIES - VINTAGE-INSPIRED RECIPE FOR OWL FACE COOKIES
5/5 (3)Total Time 2 hrs 8 minsCategory DessertCalories 98 per serving
- In a small saucepan, melt the baking chocolate over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a standing mixer fit with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.Add the egg yolks and mix until just combined, about 30 seconds.
HOOT OWL COOKIES PHOTOS
HOOT OWL COOKIES - MY VEGAN COOKBOOK
OWL COOKIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOOT NIBBLES: CARDAMOM SHORTBREAD COOKIES - TIP JUNKIE
HOOT OWL COOKIES | RECIPE | COOKIES, OWL COOKIES, VANILLA COOKIES
39 OWL PUNS THAT ARE A HOOT - KIDADL
HOOT OWL COOKIES
DIY HOOT OWL PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES - COOL CREATIVITIES
HOOT OWL COOKIES HALLOWEEN SPECIAL WITH STEP BY STEP PICTURE ...
BIRTHDAY OWL GIFT BASKET | OWL COOKIE | COOKIES BY DESIGN
HOOT OWL COOKIES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
HOOT OWL COOKIES - REVIEW BY KIM'S COOKING NOW - ALLRECIPES.COM
OWL COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BIRTHDAY OWL COOKIE BOUQUET | OWL COOKIES - COOKIES BY DESIGN
WHAT DO BARRED OWLS EAT? (HOOT OWL DIET) | BIRD FACT
HOOT OWL COOKIES | RECIPE | OWL COOKIES, OWL SUGAR COOKIES, OWL …
HOOT OWL PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES - GROWING IN GRACE
HOW TO TRANSFORM PLAIN COOKIES INTO ADORABLE OWLS FOR …
OWL SUGAR COOKIES - CHEEKYKITCHEN
HAPPY OWL-OWEEN COOKIES! - HOME IS WHERE THE BOAT IS
HOOT OWL COOKIE RECIPE - COOL CREATIVITIES
HOOT OWL COOKIES | RECIPE | OWL COOKIES, COOKIE RECIPES, JUST …
ALLRECIPES - HOOT OWL COOKIES | FACEBOOK
HOOT OWL - CASHIER - FOOD LION | ZOOMINFO.COM
HOOT OWL COOKIES | RECIPE | RECIPES, OWL COOKIES, OWL DESSERTS
HOOT OWL COOKIE JAR | ETSY CANADA
EASY NO BAKE CHOCOLATE HALLOWEEN SNACKS FOR KIDS - ALWAYS THE …
HOOT, HOOT! OWL COOKIES FROM MY GRANDMA'S RECIPE | OWL COOKIES, …
OWL EYES COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
HOOT OWL COOKIES | FALL FOOD FRIDAY - YOUTUBE
NIGHT OWL COOKIES IN NORTH MIAMI, WESTCHESTER & WYNWOOD
HOOT HOOT HOOT OWL | ETSY
SARAH'S OWL COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HOOT OWL COOKIES - REVIEW BY SOPHIA - ALLRECIPES.COM
HOOT OWL COOKIES TASTY RECIPES - DEVONHBLACK.BLOGSPOT.COM
HOOT, HOOT! OWL COOKIES | CHAOS SERVED DAILY
HOOT OWL COOKIES (SPOOKIES!) - SPACHE THE SPATULA
HOOT OWL COOKIES FOR HALLOWEEN - THE MAD SCIENTISTS KITCHEN
HOOT OWL COOKIES POPULAR RECIPES - BLAND MORR RECIPES
HOOT OWL COOKIES | RECIPE | OWL COOKIES, HALLOWEEN FOOD DISHES, …
#time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #desserts #potluck #fall #finger-food #holiday-event #kid-friendly #cookies-and-brownies #dietary #halloween #seasonal #to-go #presentation #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love