JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE
I was surprised to see that there were no postings for Jellied Cranberry Sauce here, I wanted to make some for Thanksgiving, luckily I found it in Bernardin's Guide To Home Preserving. Times are a guess. I was done in about an hour.
Provided by tasb395
Yield 4 half pints
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place two clean 2 cup or four 1 cup straight-sided mason jars on a rack in a boiling water canner; cover jars with water and heat to a simmer (180 F/82 C). Set screw bands aside; heat lids in hot water, NOT boiling (180 F/82 C). Keep jars and lids hot until ready to use.
- Wash cranberries; drain. Combine cranberries and water in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until skins burst. Puree mixture and return to a clean saucepan.
- Add sugar. For spicy sauce, tie cinnamon and cloves in cheesecloth square, making a spice bag and add to cranberries, Gradually bring mixture to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Increase heat, boil vigorously until mixture reaches gel point. Discard spice bag, if using.
- Ladle sauce into a hot jar to within 1/4 inch of top rim. Using nonmetallic utensil, remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim removing any stickiness. Center lid on jar; apply screw band securely and firmly until resistance is met- fingertip tight. Do not overtighten. Place jar in canner; repeat for remaining sauce.
- Cover canner; bring water to a boil, At altitudes up to 1000 feet, process-boil filled 1 cup jars-10 minutes; 2 cup jars-15 minutes. Remove jars without tilting. Cool upright, undisturbed 24 hours; DO NOT RETIGHTEN screw bands. After cooling check jar seals. Sealed lids curve downward.Remove screw bands; wipe and dry bands and jars. Store screw bands separately or replace loosely on jars, as desired. Label and store jars in a cool, dark place.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433.4, Fat 0.1, Sodium 4.1, Carbohydrate 112.3, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 104, Protein 0.4
JELLIED CRANBERRY-CHERRY SAUCE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, 1 1/2 cups water, the cherry juice, dried cherries, rosemary and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly. Discard the rosemary sprig.
- Puree the sauce in a blender until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a serving dish, pressing the sauce through with a rubber spatula. Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours or overnight.
CHERRY CRANBERRY JELLO
Make and share this Cherry Cranberry Jello recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kyrashallen
Yield 6 cups, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Pour hot mixture into blender.
- Slice jellied cranberry sauce and add to hot mixture and blend well.
- Add 1 cup sour cream and blend well again.
- Pour into 6 cup mold.
- Chill until set, usually 8 hours or overnight.
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE
Intensely flavored and vibrant red, this jelly bears no resemblance to the stuff in the can -it's definitely worth the effort. Though we call for 4 bags of cranberries, the yield is only 3 cups because all the solids get strained out. You'll be happy if you have any extra cranberry sauce when you make sandwiches with the leftover turkey.
Yield Makes about 3 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Bring cranberries, sugar, and 3 cups water to a boil in a 4- to 5-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until all berries have burst, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour into a large fine-mesh sieve set over a 2-quart glass measure or a bowl and let stand until all juices have drained through, about 30 minutes. If necessary, press on solids until there is enough juice to measure 3 cups, then discard solids.
- Stir together gelatin and remaining 1/3 cup water and let stand 1 minute to soften. Bring 1 cup drained cranberry liquid to a simmer in a small saucepan, then add gelatin mixture and stir until just dissolved. Add gelatin mixture to remaining cranberry liquid and stir well. Pour cranberry sauce into lightly oiled mold and chill, covered with plastic wrap, until firmly set, at least 12 hours.
- To unmold, run tip of a thin knife between edge of mold and cranberry sauce. Tilt mold sideways and tap side of mold against a work surface, turning it, to evenly break seal and loosen cranberry sauce. Keeping mold tilted, invert a plate over mold, then invert cranberry sauce onto plate.
People also searched
More about "jellied cranberry sauce recipes thanksgiving"
THANKSGIVING JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (3)Category SaucesAuthor RosslareCalories 1074 per serving
- In a large saucepan combine the cranberries, sugar and 3 cups water (set the remaining 1/3 cup water to use later) bring to a boil stirring to dissolve the sugar granules.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally until all the cranberries have "burst" (this should take about 15 minutes).
- Pour the mixture into a large fine-mesh sieve and set over a large heat-proof bowl (I use my large Pyrex measuring cup) allow to drain for about 1 hour forcing the mixture through the strainer occasionally with a spoon to speed up the process).
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.4/5 (9)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory Dinner, Side Dish, CondimentCalories 155 per serving
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH HARD CIDER - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 3Difficulty Easy
41 BEST JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE IDEAS | RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES, FOOD
RECIPES USING JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE - RECIPESCLUB.NET
42 BEST CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES FOR THANKSGIVING - FOOD …
RECIPES FOR CRANBERRY SAUCE JELLIED : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
19 CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES FOR THANKSGIVING - BUZZFEED
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE | RECIPE | CRANBERRY JELLY RECIPES, CRANBERRY ...
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH FUJI APPLE RECIPE
44 BEST DRIED & FRESH CRANBERRY RECIPES - PARADE: ENTERTAINMENT ...
WHAT SAUCE IS TRADITIONALLY SERVED ON THANKSGIVING? - TEST FOOD …
GET SAUCED: SPIKE YOUR THANKSGIVING CRANBERRY SAUCE
SPICED JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE BEST CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES FOR THANKSGIVING - HUFFPOST
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WHERE IS CRANBERRY SAUCE IN WALMART - SAUCEPROCLUB.COM
RECIPES FOR JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make cranberry sauce with gelatin?Preparation. Bring 1 cup drained cranberry liquid to a simmer in a small saucepan, then add gelatin mixture and stir until just dissolved. Add gelatin mixture to remaining cranberry liquid and stir well. Pour cranberry sauce into lightly oiled mold and chill, covered with plastic wrap, until firmly set, at least 12 hours.
How do you prepare a traditional cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving?Ree Drummond prepares a traditional cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving by using fresh cranberries and orange juice, plus a generous dose of maple syrup in place of sugar, for a more natural flavor. Guy's cranberry sauce gets a devilishly spicy kick from two types of peppers.
How much sugar do you put in cranberry sauce?a 3 1/2-cup nonreactive decorative mold or 10 individual (1/3-cup) decorative molds Bring cranberries, sugar, and 3 cups water to a boil in a 4- to 5-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until all berries have burst, 10 to 15 minutes.
Is cranberry jelly better than canned?This Jellied Cranberry Sauce recipe is sure to put your Thanksgiving menu over the top. Fresh cranberries, apple juice, and liquid pectin make cranberry jelly that’s way better than canned! HUNGRY FOR MORE?