KEY LIME PIE
This recipe is modified from the classic one found on many condensed milk and Key lime juice labels; we've added additional lime juice for more tartness.
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For crust
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs from 9 (2 1/4-inch by 4 3/4-inch) crackers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For filling
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh or bottled Key lime juice (if using bottled, preferably Manhattan brand)
- For topping
- 3/4 cup chilled heavy cream
- Make crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl with a fork until combined well, then press mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch (4-cup) glass pie plate.
- Bake crust in middle of oven 10 minutes and cool in pie plate on a rack. Leave oven on.
- Make filling and bake pie:
- Whisk together condensed milk and yolks in a bowl until combined well. Add juice and whisk until combined well (mixture will thicken slightly).
- Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes. Cool pie completely on rack (filling will set as it cools), then chill, covered, at least 8 hours.
- Make topping:
- Just before serving, beat cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Serve pie topped with cream.
- *Available at Manhattan Key Lime (212-696-5378).
Top Asked Questions
What is a key lime pie?Cool and creamy Key lime pie is a tangy, sweet treat. Sample best-of-the-best variations, all from Food Network stars. This pie is tasty no matter how you slice it. What could be better than your own personal pie?
How do you make lime pie crust?PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE Beat milk and lime juice in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and thickened. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon lime mixture into pie crust. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until set. Garnish with grated lime peel.
How do you make lime cake filling with condensed milk?Directions. Gradually add the condensed milk and continue to beat until thick, 3 or 4 minutes longer. Lower the mixer speed and slowly add the lime juice, mixing just until combined, no longer. Pour the mixture into the crust. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the filling has just set. Cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate.
How do you make a fluffy egg and lime cake?For the filling: Meanwhile, in an electric mixer with the wire whisk attachment, beat the egg yolks and lime zest at high speed until very fluffy, about 5 minutes. Gradually add the condensed milk and continue to beat until thick, 3 or 4 minutes longer. Lower the mixer speed and slowly add the lime juice, mixing just until combined, no longer.
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Catherine McCord
This is my technique for veal demi-glace, and there's not much to it. I'm going for a pure veal stock reduction, fortified with nothing more than mirepoix...
Provided by Chef John
OMG!!! I had to make this cake this past Sunday for my Mary Kay party.. It was a huge hit. It was also devoured!! So easy,so good,so sinfully rich..if...
Provided by vicky hunt
Good food doesn't always have to cost a fortune! Your family will love this. Full of flavor and easy on your pocket book!
Provided by Melissa Baldan
This is a very good potato dish , I stem baby red potatoes and smother them in real butter and parsley flakes. I enjoy a dollop of sour cream on mine but...
Provided by Karla Everett
Provided by á-174942
Try this Instant Pot®-friendly variation of a traditional bean stew from the Portuguese region of Azores. This can be served alone, or over rice, and...
Provided by Ryan C Mathews
Provided by Florence Fabricant
A unique twist on a classic white chocolate fudge recipe! While quick and easy to prepare, Bruce's® Yams Salted Cashew Sweet Potato Fudge is a nutty,...
Provided by Bruce's Yams
Sure you can make a quick Chicken Pot Pie using already made pie crust, canned soups, vegetables and chicken. Just think about all the salt in those ingredients....
Provided by Julia Ferguson
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some...
Provided by Taste of Home
Dis is da toe curlin Texicajun hybrid of a classic dish. This will put a smile on everyone's face that's eatin it. Throw on some Zydeco music and serve...
Provided by Lupe Boudreaux
Provided by Kemp Minifie
This is a tender and delicious baked pork chop recipe, with an Italian flair.
Provided by larvia57
People also searched
More about "key lime pie food"
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine AmericanCategory Cakes And BakingServings 8
KEY LIME PIE - EAGLE BRAND
KEY LIME PIE - SORTED FOOD
KEY LIME PIE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
TRADITIONAL KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (8)Total Time 45 minsCategory PiePublished 2019-04-09
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (93)Author Joe's Stone CrabCuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- For the graham cracker crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch pie pan. Break up the graham crackers: place in a food processor and process to crumbs. (If you dont have a food processor, place the crackers in a large plastic bag: seal and then crush the crackers with a rolling pin.) Add the melted butter and sugar and pulse or stir until combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan, forming a neat border around the edge. Bake the crust until set and golden, 8 minutes. Set aside on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
- For the filling: Meanwhile, in a electric mixer with the wire whisk attachment, beat the egg yolks and lime zest at a high speed until very fluffy, abut 5 minutes. Gradually add the condensed milk and continue to beat until thick, 3 or 4 minutes longer. Lower the mixer speed and slowly add the lime juice, mixing just until combined, no longer. Pour mixture into the pie crust. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the filling has set. Cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate. Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- For the topping: Whip the cream and the confectioners' sugar until nearly stiff. Cut the pie in wedges and serve very cold, topping each wedge with a large dollop of whipped cream.
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Published 2013-12-07Servings 8-10
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, stir together the graham-cracker crumbs, melted butter and cinnamon. Evenly press the crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until firm. Remove the crust from the oven and lower the temperature to 325°.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the cream of tartar until frothy. Stir in the condensed milk, then whisk in the Key lime juice until fully incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for about 15 minutes, or until set. Let the pie cool on a rack, then refrigerate until chilled before serving.
THE BEST ZESTY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
5/5 (3)Total Time 3 hrs 55 minsCategory DessertPublished 2019-09-13
- When the oven is ready, toast the almonds for about 5-6 minutes, opening the oven to stir the almonds around every 2 minutes.
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (48)Difficulty EasyCategory DessertSteps 5
- For the crust: Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or a resealable plastic bag. Pour them into a bowl and stir in the melted butter and sugar. Press the mixture into a pie pan and bake until golden and set, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For the filling: Mix the condensed milk, lime zest, lime juice and egg yolks in the bowl of a mixer and mix on high until smooth and thick.
KEY LIME PIE WITH CHOCOLATE-ALMOND CRUST RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
5/5 (670)Category Key Lime PieServings 1Total Time 1 hr
- Preheat the oven to 375° and butter a 10-inch glass pie plate. In a food processor, pulse the graham cracker crumbs with the ground almonds and sugar until thoroughly blended. Add the melted butter and pulse until the crumbs are moistened. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the side of the pie plate to form the crust. Bake for about 20 minutes, just until the almonds are lightly browned. Let the crust cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, condensed milk and eggs until smooth. Pour the filling into the cooled crust and bake for about 20 minutes, until set around the edge and slightly jiggly in the center. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until very firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- In a bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the heavy cream and sour cream until soft peaks form, 2 minutes. Beat in the sugar until stiff peaks form, 1 minute. Mound the whipped cream on the pie. Garnish with the key lime slices and serve.
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
5/5 Category DessertServings 8Total Time 15 mins
- In a mixing bowl, beat yolks until thick, about 3 minutes. Add condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest. Beat again until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour into pie shell, filling it to the brim and mounding slightly on top. Cover with plastic wrap, stretching wrap tightly across surface. Freeze until firm, at least three hours.
- Just before serving, remove from freezer and discard plastic wrap. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then spread with whipped cream and serve.
KEY LIME PIE - MAMA LOVES FOOD
Ratings 4Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 450 per serving
- Combine key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk and eggs in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until the ingredients are well blended.
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - MARTHA STEWART
3.5/5 Category Pie & Tarts Recipes
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine graham-cracker crumbs, butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl; mix well. Press into a 9-inch pie plate, and bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, gently whisk together condensed milk, egg yolks, Key lime juice, and zest. Pour into the prepared, cooled crust.
- Return pie to oven, and bake until the center is set but still quivers when the pan is nudged, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 55 minsCategory Afternoon Tea, Dessert, DinnerPublished 2012-04-26
- Whizz 300g Hob Nobs to crumbs in a food processor (or put in a strong plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin).
- Mix with 150g melted butter and press into the base and up the sides of a 22cm loose-based tart tin. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (6)Total Time 30 minsCategory PiePublished 2003-01-23
TANGY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - MARCIA KIESEL | FOOD & WINE
4/5 (2)Category Key Lime Pie
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch glass pie plate (we recommend this one from Pyrex). Bake the crust for about 15 minutes, or until firm. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the 3 egg yolks with the lightly beaten whole egg until thickened. Beat in the condensed milk, then beat in the lime juice and zest.
- In a large stainless steel bowl, beat the egg whites until firm peaks form. Fold one-third of the beaten whites into the custard, then fold in the remaining whites. Pour the custard into the pie crust and bake for 15 minutes, or until barely set. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely, then refrigerate over-night. Serve with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with lime zest.
THE BEST KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (16)Total Time 30 minsCategory PiePublished 2009-08-25
- Combine egg yolks, condensed milk, lime juice, powdered sugar and rind and spoon into pie crust.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack and chill for 2 hours. Whip cream and powdered sugar and spoon on top of chilled pie.
SUMMER KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (31)Total Time 30 minsCategory PiePublished 2002-06-17
ANDREW ZIMMERN'S KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
5/5 (2)Category Key Lime PieServings 1Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, whisk the graham cracker crumbs with the brown sugar and salt. Add the melted butter and stir until the crumbs are evenly moistened. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the side of a 10-inch metal pie plate to form the crust. Bake the crust for about 10 minutes, until just set. Let cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks with the condensed milk, lime juice and salt until smooth. Pour the filling into the cooled crust and transfer to the oven. Immediately lower the oven temperature to 325°. Bake the pie for 20 to 25 minutes, until set around the edge and slightly jiggly in the center. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
5/5 (4)Category DessertsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
KEY LIME PIE - RICARDO
5/5 (80)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DessertsPublished 2009-04-30
- In a saucepan, off the heat, mix lime juice and cornstarch with a whisk. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan, until it thickens. Pour filling into crust. Refrigerate for about three hours or until completely cooled.
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (11)Author Recipe from Emeril LagasseCuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
KEY LIME PIE - FOOD NETWORK
Cuisine AmericanServings 10
BEST DEEP-FRIED KEY LIME PIE RECIPES | BIG FOOD BUCKET ...
Servings 1Total Time 20 minsCategory Big Food Bucket List,Dessert
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (173)Difficulty IntermediateCategory DessertSteps 4
EASY KEY LIME PIE - MRFOOD.COM
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Pies
SHOULD I ADD FOOD COLORING TO MY KEY LIME PIE? - HOME ...
User Interaction Count 33
BEST FROZEN KEY LIME PIE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2.8/5 (110)Category Bake,Citrus,Dessert,Eggs And DairyServings 8Total Time 25 mins
BEST KEY LIME PIE DIP RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2.7/5 (157)Category Citrus,Dessert,Party Favourites,Snack,SummerServings 6-8Total Time 15 mins
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | DESSERT RECIPES | PBS FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
KEY LIME PIE | M&M FOOD MARKET
Brand M&M Food Market
HEALTHY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory PieCalories 68 per serving
CLASSIC KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - TODAY.COM
4.4/5 (80)Category Desserts
BEST KEY LIME MERINGUE PIE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2.7/5 (584)Category Bake,Citrus,Dessert,Eggs And DairyServings 1Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
EASY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Cakes And Baking
KEY LIME PIE - BBC GOOD FOOD
5/5 (22)Servings 6Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
KEY LIME PIE BARK RECIPE - TODAY.COM
Author Joy BauerCategory Desserts
HOMEMADE KEY LIME PIE - A LATTE FOOD
Category DessertTotal Time 55 mins
EASY KEY LIME PIE RECIPES & IDEAS | FOOD & WINE
HERE'S WHERE TO FIND NEW KEY LIME PIE M&M'S THIS EASTER
KEY LIME PIE : ONLY_FOOD
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - YEYFOOD.COM
4-INGREDIENT CREAMY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE: THE EASIEST KEY ...
GIRL SCOUT COOKIE KEY LIME PIE | FOODTALK
THE BEST KEY LIME PIE IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA (UPDATED ...
KEY LIME PIE - MOBOLUX
KEY LIME PIE | FOOD | BRITANNICA