LEMON FAIRY CAKES
Make and share this LEMON FAIRY CAKES recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Trini_Deb_UK
Yield 24 24, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pre-heat oven to 170°c Fan. Line two trays (12 holes each) with fairy paper cups. Set aside. In a stand mixer, beat sugar & margarine or butter until light & fluffy. Scrape down the sides a few times.
- Break one egg at a time into a little bowl, add the egg to the sugar mix, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour that has been sifted with bicarbonate of soda, mix in the lemon juice & lemon zest. Then fold in the soured cream a tablespoon at a time, gently mix until smooth. U might not need all the sour cream. Mixture should slowly drop off the back of the spoon.
- I use a small ice cream scoop to fill the cake cases, do not overfill, should be about 2/3s full.
- Tap tray gently on counter a couple of times- this helps to expel excess air & helps to level the cakes.
- Bake on the oven- shelf just above centre.
- Bake one tray at a time, unless your oven is big enough to take two trays side by side.
- Bake for 18-20mins, check after 18mins using the skewer test. When baked, cool in tin 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack & cool completely.
- Ice to your preference.
- Will keep for 2-3days I an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157.8, Fat 8.5, SaturatedFat 5.1, Cholesterol 51, Sodium 104.9, Carbohydrate 18.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 9.4, Protein 2.3
LEMON TOP FAIRY CAKES
I made two batches of these yummy things, and then was ordered to make another one...totaling to 36. I haven't counted how many are left either...It's one of those "safe" recipes which gives you fast results. When I was little we'd always demand these which were known as "lemon tops" in our household...
Provided by Another cuppa
Yield 12 cakes, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 195°C.
- Mix all the cake ingredients in a food processor (with or without chocolate chips) and place 3 heaped tsp in each cake case. Bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes and leave on a wiring rack to cool for a good 30 minutes (if you can resist 'em!). Only ice when cold.
- For the icing, mix together the 3 ingredients with a fork. If the consistency is too runny, add more icing sugar. Check how lemony the icing is before adding just a tad of food colouring if you prefer them to have that lemon touch! The icing should be almost like a paste, in order for it to stiffen on each fairy cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.3, Fat 8.8, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 56.1, Sodium 15.1, Carbohydrate 38.8, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 30.4, Protein 2.3
People also searched
More about "lemon top fairy cakes recipes"
FLUFFY LEMON FAIRY CAKES | BBC GOOD FOOD
5/5 (3)Servings 12Cuisine BritishTotal Time 25 mins
- Cream / beat butter or marg with caster sugar until its blended and creamy, i use muscle and wooden spoon, you can use an electric whisk.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at time, try room temp eggs to stop curdling but dont worry too much if does curdle. Beat in one at time, vanilla, lemon zest and juice, milk and baking powder.
- Gradually add the sefted self raising flour, or sprinkle from height as i do to get air into it. Beat the mixture until its smooth, creamy but firmish. Something like "Angel Delight"
LEMON FAIRY CAKES | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
4.1/5 Category Dessert,SnackCuisine Baking,BritishCalories 300 per serving
LEMON FAIRY CAKES - BBC GOOD FOOD
5/5 (5)Total Time 35 minsCuisine British
VEGAN LEMON ZUCCHINI LOAF CAKE - THE BAKING FAIRY
LEMON FAIRY CAKES - CRECIPE.COM
LEMON DRIZZLE CAKES RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
LEMON FAIRY CAKE RECIPE - LEARN HOW TO PREPARE LEMON FAIRY ...
EASY FAIRY CAKE RECIPE PLAIN FLOUR - FOOD NEWS
EASY LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
IRISH LEMON FAIRY CAKES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT FAIRY CAKES - AND THE COMMON ...
FAIRY CAKES - TESCO REAL FOOD
HEALTHY LEMON FAIRY CAKES WITH RASPBERRY RICOTTA FROSTING
FAIRY CAKES RECIPES - BBC FOOD
LEMON DRIZZLE FAIRY CAKES - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
THE PERFECT FAIRY CAKES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FAIRY CAKES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
IRISH LEMON CAKE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MARY BERRY'S LEMON BUTTERFLY CAKES ... - HOT COOKING FOOD BLOG
LEMON BUTTERFLY FAIRY CAKES | DESSERT RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
THE BEST FAIRY CAKE RECIPES FOR KIDS | BBC GOOD FOOD
SULTANA FAIRY CAKES WITH LEMON SYRUP - GOODTOKNOW
INCREDIBLY LIGHT AND FLUFFY FAIRY CAKES | BBC GOOD FOOD
LEMON FAIRY CAKE RECIPE - CAKE BAKING
10 BEST HEALTHY FAIRY CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MARY BERRY'S ICED FAIRY CAKES | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
LEMON CURD FAIRY CAKES - LAVENDER AND LOVAGE
MARY BERRY’S LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE | LEMON DRIZZLE CUPCAKE ...
LEMON CAKE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
LEMON CURD BUTTERFLY CAKES | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
BUTTERFLY CAKES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
LEMON CURD FAIRY CAKES WITH LEMON DRIZZLE | WORKING MUM'S ...
LEMON FAIRY CAKES RECIPE
LEMON FAIRY CAKES STOCK PHOTOS, PICTURES & ROYALTY-FREE ...
LEMON FAIRY CAKES PHOTOS AND PREMIUM HIGH RES PICTURES ...
MARY BERRY'S BUTTERFLY FAIRY CAKES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
FAIRY CAKES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ORDER BAKERY ITEMS | CAKES | JUICE | SNACKS | REGALS FOODS
360 FAIRY CAKES IDEAS IN 2022 | CUPCAKE CAKES, CUPCAKE ...
ELDERFLOWER AND LEMON FAIRY CAKES | DESSERT RECIPES ...
LEMON CURD BUTTERFLY CAKES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #cupcakes #desserts #eggs-dairy #fruit #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #kid-friendly #cakes #eggs #dietary #gifts #low-sodium #low-in-something #citrus #lemon #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake fairy cakes?To make this fairy cakes recipe, heat the oven to 200C fan, 180C fan, gas 6. Place fairy cake cases into a 12-hole bun tin, to keep a good even shape as they bake. Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat for 2-3 mins until the mixture is well blended and smooth. Fill each paper case with the mixture.
What is the best way to make a lemon cake?Cakes: Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan) and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases. Add 100g of self-raising flour, 100g of sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 100g of butter, 2 eggs and the zest from 1 lemon into a large bowl and whisk well (I used an electric hand whisk).
Why should you trust our lemon fairy cakes?Here’s why you can trust us. Our lemon fairy cakes are infused with vanilla, lemon zest and made with golden caster sugar, which adds to the warm, golden appearance of the fairy cakes. The sweet, citrus topping is made using just four ingredients; butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon curd.
What are the ingredients for fairy cakes?Ingredients. 1 For the fairy cakes: 2 100 g (4 oz) softened butter. 3 100 g (4 oz) caster sugar. 4 2 large eggs. 5 100 g (4 oz) self-raising flour. 6 1 level tsp baking powder. 7 For the icing: 8 225 g (8 oz) sifted icing sugar. 9 2-3tbsp warm water. 10 handful of sweets, to decorate.