MALTED CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together both flours, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk 1/2 cup of the malt powder with the milk, egg white, butter, and vanilla until the malt dissolves. Stir into the dry ingredients until only a few small lumps remain and spread the batter in the prepared baking dish.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of brown sugar with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cocoa and sprinkle over the batter. Stir the remaining 1/2 cup malt powder into the boiling water and pour it over the batter. Bake until the cake springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack. If desired, dust the top of the cake with confectioners' sugar and immediately spoon the warm cake and sauce onto plates or shallow bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203, Fat 6 grams, SaturatedFat 2.5 grams, Cholesterol 12 milligrams, Sodium 294 milligrams, Carbohydrate 37 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 4 grams
CHOCOLATE MALTED CAKE
This is a double layer chocolate cake. If you can find malt powder that will give a strong malt flavor, but i don't think they have it anymore. So go ahead and use malted milk powder.
Provided by valgal123
Yield 1 2 layer cake, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- CAKE: preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut two parchment paper circles to fit in the bottom of two 9 inch cake pans and lightly butter or spray the parchment paper and the pan sides.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, malted milk powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Place the eggs in another large bowl and beat well. Add the milk, oil, and vanilla to the eggs and stir until combined.
- Slowly add the boiling water and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into each of the prepared pans and bake for 40 minutes or until the cake springs back when gently pressed in the center.
- Remove the cakes from the pans, remove the parchment paper and place on wire reacks to cool.
- Place the chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high heat for 1 minute, then stir. If the chocolate is not all melted, place it back in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each time, until it is comletely melted. Be careful not to let the chocolate start to bubble or it will burn and get gritty.
- Place the butter and egg in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add the confectioner sugar, malted milk powder and melted chocolate and mix for 1 minute or until even in color. Add the vanilla, milk and salt and mix for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- To Assemble Cake:.
- Place 1 of the cooled cakes upside down on a serving platter and cover the top and sides with half of the frosting. Place the remaining frosting on the top and sides, blending the upper and lower portions of the sides as you go. Arrange the malted milk balls around the outside edge of the cake.
- AND YOUR DONE, TIME TO EAT!
CHOCOLATE MALTED CAKE
My friend Bob, his cousin Dee Dee, shared this (according to Bob) to-die-for cake on his recent visit to the Palm Coast of Florida.
Provided by Lalaloob
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 2 cake pans with cooking spray.
- On low speed mix ingredients except chips.
- On medium speed beat until fluffy.
- Add 1/2 cup chips.
- Divide batter into pans and sprinkle with remaining chips.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes and then remove from pans and cool completely.
- Heat milk and stir in malt powder. Cool completely.
- On medium speed beat butter until fluffy. Alternately, beat in sugar and malted milk.
- Frost cakes.
CHOCOLATE CHUNK SNACK CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE MALT FROSTING
I've enhanced the classic snack cake to make it homey enough for an after-school treat but also special enough for festive occasions. I started with a simple yellow cake made with buttermilk for tang and tenderness. I added chopped bittersweet chocolate (I prefer a cocoa percentage around 65 percent or 70 percent) and iced the cake with frosting that features cocoa powder, melted chocolate and malted milk powder for loads of luscious flavor.
Provided by Samantha Seneviratne
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In another large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then beat in the vanilla. In three additions, beat in the flour mixture, alternating with additions of the buttermilk, starting and ending with flour. Fold in the chocolate. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack to cool completely, and then remove the cake from the pan using the parchment overhangs to lift it out.
- For the frosting: In a large bowl, whisk together the malt powder, cocoa powder and boiling water until smooth. Let cool.
- Add the butter and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add the chocolate and salt and beat until smooth and thick. Spread the frosting onto the cooled cake.
MALTED CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- In a small saucepan whisk together heavy cream and malted milk powder; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Place both chocolates in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour boiling cream over chocolate and let stand until melted, about 1 minute. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Let stand at least 6 hours and up to overnight before using.
MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9x5" loaf pan with nonstick spray, then line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on long sides. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, malted milk powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolk, and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar in a medium bowl just to blend. Add buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup coffee, whisking just to blend. Gradually add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring with a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon until just combined (batter will be a little lumpy; you don't want to overmix).
- Scrape batter into prepared pan (hold back a little if using a slightly smaller loaf pan) and smooth surface. Bake until cake pulls away from sides of pan and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 60-70 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup coffee, and remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Transfer cake pan to a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet and brush with coffee mixture (use all of it). Let cake cool completely in pan before turning out onto rack.
- Place chocolate and vanilla in a medium bowl. Bring cream, malted milk powder, and salt to a bare simmer in a small saucepan. Pour over chocolate mixture and let sit 5 minutes.
- Gently stir with a rubber spatula until chocolate is melted and mixture is combined. While still warm, pour glaze over turned-out cake on wire rack, letting it drip over the sides (any extra glaze will pool in baking sheet). Decorate with chocolate pearls and malt balls, if desired. Let cake sit until glaze is set, about 30 minutes.
- Do ahead:
- Cake can be baked and glazed 3 days ahead. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
People also searched
More about "malted chocolate cake recipes"
MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3/5 (480)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 1
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a 9x5" loaf pan with nonstick spray, then line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on long sides. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, malted milk powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolk, and 1 ½ cups granulated sugar in a medium bowl just to blend. Add buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract, and ½ cup coffee, whisking just to blend. Gradually add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring with a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon until just combined (batter will be a little lumpy; you don’t want to overmix).
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth surface. Bake until cake pulls away from sides of pan and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 60–70 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, remaining ¼ cup coffee, and remaining 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar.
MARY BERRY’S MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE - GREAT BRITISH FOOD
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Grease 2x20cm round sandwich tins with butter and line the bases with baking paper.
- Measure the malted chocolate drink powder and cocoa powder into a large bowl, pour over 2 tablespoons of water and mix to a paste. Add the remaining cake ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Divide evenly between the prepared tins and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Set aside in the tins to cool for 5 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, measure the malted chocolate drink powder into a bowl, add the hot milk and mix until smooth. Add the butter, icing sugar and melted chocolate and mix again until smooth, then add the boiling water to give a gloss to the icing.
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH MALTED CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM …
Author Viki KaneSteps 8Difficulty Intermediate
CHOCOLATE MALT NEST CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 7Difficulty Intermediate
THE BEST CHOCOLATE MALTED RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Gale GandSteps 3Difficulty 12 min
MALT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE | CANADIAN LIVING
CHOCOLATE MALT CAKE – MY RECIPE REVIEWS
MALTED MILK CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
MALTED-MILK CHOCOLATE CAKE - ANTIPASTI RECIPES
MALTED CHOCOLATE RYE CAKE | GOOD. FOOD. STORIES.
CHOCOLATE DRIP CAKE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
MARY BERRY'S MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MARY BERRY'S MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
SALTED + MALTED CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE - WILD THISTLE KITCHEN
TRIPLE MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH VANILLA MALTED FROSTING
MALTED CHOCOLATE ICE BOX CAKE | THE CITY COOK, INC.
TGI FRIDAY'S CHOCOLATE MALTED CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHOCOLATE MALTED CAKE RECIPE - EVER AFTER IN THE WOODS
MALTED CHOCOLATE FROSTING - SAVVYMOM
MALTED CHOCOLATE & STOUT LAYER CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
DARK CHOCOLATE MALT SNACK CAKE - SLOANE'S TABLE
MALTED MILK & CHOCOLATE TRAYBAKE | BBC GOOD FOOD
CHOCOLATE MALTED MILK CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MARY BERRY'S MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE - THE HAPPY FOODIE
YELLOW CAKE WITH MALTED CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM | SOUTHERN LIVING
MALTED CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE - EMILY LAURAE
MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE TOPPED WITH MALTESERS - DELICIOUS.
MARY BERRY RECIPES: MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE - WOMAN & HOME
CHOCOLATE MALT CAKE RECIPE BY FOOD FUSION - YOUTUBE
MALTED-MILK CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OLD FASHIONED MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE | RECIPES
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE MALT ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE - VIKALINKA
MALTED MILK AND DARK CHOCOLATE TART | TASTE
THE CHOCOLATE MALT | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHOCOLATE MALTED CAKE WITH BUTTERMILK, ESPRESSO POWDER …
MILK BAR CHOCOLATE MALT LAYER CAKE - ONNEWSLIVE
MALTED CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CAKE | SOUTHERN FATTY
CHOCOLATE MALT CAKE WITH MALT FROSTING | BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE
MALTED CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
You'll also love