MINI MINCEMEAT PIES
- Mix flour, 6 tablespoons powdered sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons orange peel and salt in processor. Add butter; process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Whisk egg yolk and 2 tablespoons orange juice in small bowl. Add to processor; blend until moist clumps form, adding more juice by teaspoonfuls if dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Chill 30 minutes.
- Butter eighteen 1 3/4-inch-diameter mini muffin cups. Mix mincemeat, crystallized ginger, cinnamon, remaining 4 tablespoons powdered sugar and 3/4 teaspoon peel in small bowl. Roll out dough on floured surface to 17-inch round. Using 2 1/2-inch-diameter cookie cutter, cut out 18 dough rounds. Press 1 round into bottom and up sides of each muffin cup. Using 1 3/4- to 2-inch-diameter cookie cutter, cut out 18 more dough rounds (reroll dough if necessary). Fill crust in each muffin cup with 1 heaping teaspoon filling. Brush edges of smaller dough rounds with some of egg glaze. Place 1 round atop filling in each muffin cup, glazed side down, pressing dough edges to seal. Cut small X in center of each pie. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover pies and remaining glaze separately and chill.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush pies with remaining egg glaze. Bake until crusts are golden, about 20 minutes. Using small knife, cut around pies to loosen; turn out onto rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Most people use canned mincemeat, but this is the old-fashioned way to make a mince pie. It is a sweet holiday dish that will satisfy you and your loved ones. -Diane Selich, Vassar, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 mini pies
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight., For filling, in a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 3-5 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add apples, apricot, brown sugar, raisins, apple juice, vinegar, orange zest and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until apples are tender, 15-17 minutes. Stir in rum. Remove from heat; cool slightly., Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut 20 circles with a floured 2-3/4-in. round biscuit cutter. Top half the circles with 1 tablespoon filling. Top with remaining circles; press edges with a fork to seal. Cut slits in top. Brush tops with egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Repeat with remaining dough and filling., Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 4mg cholesterol, Sodium 302mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
People also searched
More about "mini mincemeat pies recipes"
MINI MINCEMEAT PIES - ALL FOOD RECIPES BEST RECIPES, …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
RECIPE: MINI MINCEMEAT PIES - WHOLE FOODS MARKET
Servings 12Calories 330 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs 5 mins
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the flour, prunes, brown sugar, raisins, brandy, oil, orange juice, 1/2 of the orange zest, lemon juice, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and apples in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Combine remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, orange zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt in the processor and pulse until combined.
MINI MINCE PIES - TWO SISTERS
Servings 12Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory PiesCalories 31 per serving
MINIATURE MINCEMEAT PIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
- Mix flour, 6 tablespoons of the confectioner's sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons orange peel and salt in processor. Add the butter and pulse until soft and crumbly.
- Whisk egg yolk and 2 tablespoons orange juice in small bowl. Add to processor; blend until moist clumps form, adding more juice by teaspoonfuls if dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Butter eighteen mini muffin cups. Mix mincemeat, ginger, cinnamon, remaining 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and peel in small bowl. Roll out dough on floured surface to 17-inch round.
- Using 2 1/2-in cookie cutter, cut out 18 dough rounds. Press 1 round into each muffin cup, smoothing it against the bottom and up the sides. Reroll the dough and cut out 18 more dough rounds with a 2-inch-diameter cookie cutter. Heap 1 teaspoon mincemeat mixture in each muffin cup.
MINCE PIES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Rachel AllenSteps 17
MIXED MINI PIES RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ree DrummondSteps 14Difficulty Intermediate
MINCE PIES (WITH HOMEMADE MINCEMEAT) RECIPE
MINI MINCE PIES RECIPE - CURIOUS CUISINIERE
LITTLE MINCE PIE CAKES RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
MINI MINCE PIES WITH HOMEMADE MINCEMEAT - SOURHOUSE …
MINI MINCE PIES RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
MINI MINCE PIES - SIMPLE, DELICIOUS FAMILY FOOD - A MUMMY TOO
BEST EVER MINI MINCE PIES - INTERNATIONAL DESSERTS BLOG
" TRADITIONAL" MINCEMEAT (FOR PIES) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MINI MINCE PIES - FOOD ANGLES
MINCE PIES RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
PERSONAL MINCEMEAT PIES RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
MINI MINCEMEAT CRUMBLE PIES RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
MINI ORANGE MINCE PIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
MINI MINCE PIES - CAROLINE'S EASY BAKING LESSONS
MINI MINCE PIES WITH LEMON ICING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
OUR MINI MINCE PIES RECIPE - WHAT THE REDHEAD SAID
MY SO-CALLED "INSTANT" MINI MINCEMEAT PIES - SUZIE THE FOODIE
MINI MINCE PIES - SPRINKLE BAKES
MINI MINCE PIES - PINCH OF NOM
EASY PEASY MINI MINCE PIES
39 OF OUR FAVORITE MINI PIES AND TARTS | TASTE OF HOME
MINI MEAT PIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MINI MINCE PIES, 12 MINI MINCE PIES, HANDMADE EXCLUSIVELY FOR …
MINI MINCE PIES - CHRISTMAS PARTY FOOD AND BUFFET IDEAS - NETMUMS
MINI MINCE PIE PUFFS RECIPE - EATS AMAZING.
OUR MINI MINCE PIES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MINCEMEAT PIE RECIPE - MELISSA ROBERTS | FOOD & WINE
MINI MINCE PIES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEST MINCEMEAT PIE - THE DARING GOURMET
ALL FRUIT MINCEMEAT PIES - PHENOMENAL
MINIATURE MEAT PIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
MINI MINCE PIES | HEMSLEY + HEMSLEY - HEALTHY FOOD AND LIVING
MINI MINCE PIES | DESSERT RECIPES | WOMAN & HOME
MINI MINCE PIES - SPLENDA®
MINI MEAT PIES - SOBEYS INC.
TWENTY ALTERNATIVES TO MINCE PIES - MAISON CUPCAKE
MINI MINCE PIES - EAT WELL RECIPE - NZ HERALD
MINI FRUIT MINCE PIES | FOOD MATTERS®
MINI MEAT PIES | RICARDO
MINCEMEAT HAND PIES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make mince pies with mincemeat?Spoon roughly 1 Tbsp of mincemeat into each crust shell. Roll out the leftover crust and use a cookie cutter to cut out a star or other shape for the top crust. Bake the mini mince pies for 30-35 minutes, until golden.
Is there a mincemeat pie without meat?Here are the most sumptuous mincemeat pie recipes, and recipes for mincemeat, with or without actual meat. This meatless recipe won 2nd prize at the county fair for pie filling. I like to use apricot or peach brandy in this recipe. An old-fashioned mincemeat pie filling made with meat and sour cherries.
What is the filling of a mince pie made of?The filling for the mince pies typically uses suet , which is an animal fat. If you don't eat meat, look for a vegetarian version or make mincemeat using an alternative fat such as cold butter or shortening. Shortcrust pastry (used in this recipe) is a traditional mince pie case, but some like puff pastry.
Why mini mince pies?These Mini Mince Pies are made in loving memory of our father who loved Mincemeat. It is the only dessert he wanted on both Thanksgiving and Christmas. We always made a pie for him and sometimes he and I were the only ones that ate it.