SEA SCALLOPS WITH CIDER GLAZE AND CAULIFLOWER TWO WAYS
- 3 cups fresh apple cider
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 inch piece dried pasilla or chipotle chile pepper
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoon sliced shallots
- 3 cups stalks and stems from cauliflowers and broccoli
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper flakes or hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into 1 1/2-inch florets
- 3 cups Romanesco broccoli, purple cauliflower or other broccoli, cut into 1 1/2-inch florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small sprig rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 20 large sea scallops
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- For the glaze: In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider, shallots, ginger, chile pepper and vinegar. Place over high heat until reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, discard the chile, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- For the purée: Place a large saucepan over moderate heat. Add the canola oil and the cumin, and heat until shimmering. Add the shallots and ginger, and cook for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower trimmings and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add Aleppo pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the trimmings to a food processor with about 1/2 the liquid. Process until smooth, adding liquid from the saucepan as needed to make a thick but pourable purée. Set aside and keep warm.
- For the roasted cauliflower: Place a medium skillet over moderate heat. Add the canola oil and the cauliflower and Romanesco broccoli. Stir, uncovered, until coated with oil, about 1 minute. Cover and continue to cook until beginning to soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the onion, ginger, rosemary and thyme. Stir, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- For the scallops: Pat scallops dry with a towel. Heat a skillet over high heat; when hot, turn heat off and add oil. After a moment, add the scallops and return to high heat. Cook until well seared on each side, about 3 minutes a side.
- Place some purée on one side of each of 4 plates. Top with the roasted cauliflower and broccoli. Place scallops on the other side. Drizzle with glaze.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 603, UnsaturatedFat 27 grams, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 33 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 1944 milligrams, Sugar 27 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PAN-SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH CIDER SAUCE
- 2 bacon slices
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 16 medium sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Using tongs, transfer to paper towels and drain. Crumble bacon. Pour off all but 2 teaspoons bacon drippings from skillet.
- Whisk apple cider and cornstarch in small bowl to blend well. Sprinkle scallops with thyme salt and pepper.
- Heat bacon drippings in skillet over high heat. Add scallops and cook until golden brown and almost cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate. Add cider mixture to skillet and bring to boil, whisking constantly. Boil until thickened to sauce consistency, whisking occasionally, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in lemon juice. Return scallops to skillet and toss until just opaque in center, about 1 minute. Transfer scallops to plates. Sprinkle bacon over.
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook pan seared scallops?Pan seared scallops with creamy garlic sauce. Serves 4 as a main course or 8 as a first course. 1 pound large "dry" sea scallops. 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (we use coarse-ground, but any type works) 2 tablespoons butter. 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (about 2 medium shallots)
How to cook scallops on the stove with carrots?Combine carrot, shallot, ginger, garlic, wine and broth in a medium sauce pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Strain; discard vegetables and reserve liquid. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel.
How long do you cook scallops in sauce?Reduce heat to low and pour reserved liquid over the scallops. Simmer 1 minute or until scallops are done, stirring any browned particles into sauce and spooning sauce over scallops. To serve, arrange scallops on deep platter and spoon sauce over them.
What do you serve with scallops and garlic cream sauce?Serving suggestions. Long grained aromatic basmati rice pairs perfectly with these delicious scallops and garlic cream sauce. Alternately, serve the scallops and sauce over linguini or angel hair pasta. Add a green veggie and perhaps red peppers sauteed in olive oil for a fabulous meal.
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Catherine McCord
This is my technique for veal demi-glace, and there's not much to it. I'm going for a pure veal stock reduction, fortified with nothing more than mirepoix...
Provided by Chef John
OMG!!! I had to make this cake this past Sunday for my Mary Kay party.. It was a huge hit. It was also devoured!! So easy,so good,so sinfully rich..if...
Provided by vicky hunt
Good food doesn't always have to cost a fortune! Your family will love this. Full of flavor and easy on your pocket book!
Provided by Melissa Baldan
This is a very good potato dish , I stem baby red potatoes and smother them in real butter and parsley flakes. I enjoy a dollop of sour cream on mine but...
Provided by Karla Everett
Provided by á-174942
Try this Instant Pot®-friendly variation of a traditional bean stew from the Portuguese region of Azores. This can be served alone, or over rice, and...
Provided by Ryan C Mathews
Provided by Florence Fabricant
A unique twist on a classic white chocolate fudge recipe! While quick and easy to prepare, Bruce's® Yams Salted Cashew Sweet Potato Fudge is a nutty,...
Provided by Bruce's Yams
Sure you can make a quick Chicken Pot Pie using already made pie crust, canned soups, vegetables and chicken. Just think about all the salt in those ingredients....
Provided by Julia Ferguson
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some...
Provided by Taste of Home
Dis is da toe curlin Texicajun hybrid of a classic dish. This will put a smile on everyone's face that's eatin it. Throw on some Zydeco music and serve...
Provided by Lupe Boudreaux
Provided by Kemp Minifie
This is a tender and delicious baked pork chop recipe, with an Italian flair.
Provided by larvia57
People also searched
More about "pan seared sea scallops with cider sauce food"
PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (10)Total Time 40 minsCategory < 60 MinsCalories 243 per serving
- Start with fresh sea scallops, as large as you can buy. If you buy them frozen, defrost before preparing the recipe.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Rinse scallops with cold water, pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour pan searing flour into quart size plastic bag; coat scallops one by one with flour shaking off excess.
PERFECT PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS (WITH A SIMPLE PAN SAUCE)
5/5 (5)Total Time 23 minsServings 2
- Prepare the scallops by removing and discarding the hard little muscle that is attached to the side of the scallop. Sometimes that is removed before sale, most of the time not. Rinse the scallops gently under very cold water and pat dry completely with paper towels. If they are not dry, they will not brown.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of clarified butter and the oil over hot heat until it just starts to reach the smoking point. If you are using clarified butter it may not smoke so test with a drop of water.
- Once the pan and fat are hot, gently place each scallop in, making sure they don’t touch. Do not overcrowd the pan. The heat should be at about medium high to high. Once you set the scallops in, do not touch for two minutes. They must remain in one place so they brown. If you think they are browning too quickly, lift one and check. They should be golden in color. Adjust heat slightly if needed.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH PAN SAUCE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
4.6/5 (13)Total Time 15 minsServings 4
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS IN CREAMY CHAMPAGNE SAUCE - THE …
PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPE - SPARKRECIPES
QUICK PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS - CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
PAN-SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH LENTILS, BACON, AND CIDER …
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER
QUICK 10 MINUTE PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH …
PAN SEARED DIVER SCALLOPS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Louis DiGiovanniSteps 7Difficulty Easy
HOW TO MAKE PERFECTLY PAN SEARED SCALLOPS - AN ALLI EVENT
PAN-SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH TOMATO AND OLIVE - ANNA MAGAZINE
PERFECT PAN SEARED SCALLOPS - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH A LEMON CAPER SAUCE @KERRYGOLDIRL
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE IN WINE SAUCE - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS | SCALLOPS RECIPE | PAN SEARED SCALLOPS | SCALLOPS
PAN-SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH BROWNED BUTTER SAGE - FOOD.COM
SEARED SCALLOPS IN SAKE BUTTER SAUCE - BONAPPETEACH
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS - HOW TO MAKE THEM PERFECT
PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPE - PIP AND EBBY
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY - TASTE OF ASIAN FOOD
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BRANDY SAUCE - GULF COAST ECO SEAFOOD
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH PAN SAUCE - THE OLD HEN
64 EASY AND TASTY PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SEARED SCALLOPS - PIP AND EBBY
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE - NORTH COAST …
RECIPE: PAN-SEARED DIVER SCALLOPS - MOODY'S BUTCHER SHOP
PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH FORBIDDEN RICE RECIPE - SIDECHEF
SEA SCALLOPS - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO PERFECTLY PAN SEAR SCALLOPS - HELL’S KITCHEN RECIPES
10 BEST PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPES - PANTREZE
PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS DRIZZLED WITH HERB BUTTER
CURRY SAUCE FOR SCALLOPS BEST RECIPES
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CIDER GLAZE - BIGOVEN.COM
PERFECT PAN SEARED SCALLOPS - THE ART OF FOOD AND WINE
DELICIOUS PAN SEARED SCALLOPS - FIT FOODIE FINDS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH KILLER PAN SAUCE – SARASPE SEAFOODS
PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPE | PBS FOOD
RECIPE: HOW TO PAN SEAR SEA SCALLOPS TO PERFECTION
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE - SAVORY AND SWEET - CLEAN CUISINE
DEMO KITCHEN RECIPES: PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS FOOD …
PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH CIDER SAUCE FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
MEYER – RECIPES » PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH HOUSE WINE SAUCE
SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …