PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM RAGù
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 pound dried pappardelle
- 5 ounces baby arugula (about 8 cups)
- Accompaniment: Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Pulse mushrooms and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushroom mixture, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring constantly, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook until evaporated. Add chicken and tomatoes (with juice), then simmer, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon and stirring occasionally, until sauce is just thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pappardelle in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (2 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) until al dente.
- Add arugula to sauce and stir until wilted. Stir in drained pasta and cook 1 minute.
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pappardelle ragù?Season the ragù with salt and pepper and keep warm. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pappardelle until al dente. Drain well. In a large bowl, gently toss the pappardelle with the ragù and serve, passing freshly grated cheese at the table. The ragù can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Is pappardelle pasta vegetarian or meatless?A quick and easy vegetarian pasta recipe — pappardelle with portobello mushrooms and rosemary. A meaty portobello mushroom sauce combined with ribbons of pasta noodles make this a very satisfying plate, and you can make it on the fly. The sauce is much like a traditional ragu or Italian meat sauce, except it’s meatless.
What do you serve with pappardelle?Thick ragus and tomato sauces like this one are best mates with pappardelle — the flat, wide strands coil and curl easily around a fork, catching all the juices and chunky bits of sauce. Yum! What are portobello (or portabella) mushrooms?
How do you cook pappardelle in boiling water?Season the ragù with salt and pepper and keep warm. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pappardelle until al dente. Drain well. In a large bowl, gently toss the pappardelle with the ragù and serve, passing freshly grated cheese at the table.
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Catherine McCord
This is my technique for veal demi-glace, and there's not much to it. I'm going for a pure veal stock reduction, fortified with nothing more than mirepoix...
Provided by Chef John
OMG!!! I had to make this cake this past Sunday for my Mary Kay party.. It was a huge hit. It was also devoured!! So easy,so good,so sinfully rich..if...
Provided by vicky hunt
Good food doesn't always have to cost a fortune! Your family will love this. Full of flavor and easy on your pocket book!
Provided by Melissa Baldan
This is a very good potato dish , I stem baby red potatoes and smother them in real butter and parsley flakes. I enjoy a dollop of sour cream on mine but...
Provided by Karla Everett
Provided by á-174942
Try this Instant Pot®-friendly variation of a traditional bean stew from the Portuguese region of Azores. This can be served alone, or over rice, and...
Provided by Ryan C Mathews
Provided by Florence Fabricant
A unique twist on a classic white chocolate fudge recipe! While quick and easy to prepare, Bruce's® Yams Salted Cashew Sweet Potato Fudge is a nutty,...
Provided by Bruce's Yams
Sure you can make a quick Chicken Pot Pie using already made pie crust, canned soups, vegetables and chicken. Just think about all the salt in those ingredients....
Provided by Julia Ferguson
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some...
Provided by Taste of Home
Dis is da toe curlin Texicajun hybrid of a classic dish. This will put a smile on everyone's face that's eatin it. Throw on some Zydeco music and serve...
Provided by Lupe Boudreaux
Provided by Kemp Minifie
This is a tender and delicious baked pork chop recipe, with an Italian flair.
Provided by larvia57
People also searched
More about "pappardelle with chicken and mushroom rag food"
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN LIVERS AND MUSHROOMS - FOOD …
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrServings 4
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the shallot and a pinch of salt and cook over moderately high heat until the shallot is softened and golden, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are softened and most of their liquid has evaporated, about 12 minutes. Stir in the thyme. Scrape the mushrooms into a bowl and reserve.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the chicken livers with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour, shaking off any excess. Fry the livers over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
- Return the mushrooms to the skillet and pour in the Marsala. Cook for 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add 3/4 cup of the cream to the skillet at a time, allowing the sauce to thicken between additions. Simmer until the sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Add the pappardelle and toss to coat. Transfer to a large bowl, garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.
PAPPARDELLE WITH MUSHROOM RAGU RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 3Difficulty Easy
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM RAGU | LOVE …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND WILD MUSHROOM RAGù
Total Time 35 minsCalories 450 per serving
PAPPARDELLE WITH MUSHROOM RAGù RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
PAPPARDELLE PASTA WITH PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM RAGU
CHICKEN THIGH RAGù WITH PAPPARDELLE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN, MUSHROOMS, & WINE RECIPE
5/5 (2)Category RabbitAuthor JennylinnCalories 675 per serving
- Saute mushrooms in butter in a large ovenproof saute pan over med-high heat, stirring frequently. When they soften and give off liquid, reduce heat to med, cook until liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the first 1/2 cup of red wine. increase the heat to high and boil until most of the wine evaporates, remove and set aside. wipe out pan and return it to the stove top.
- Brown the chicken in butter and oil(may need to do this in batches) in the saute pan over med heat, remove and set aside.
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM RAGU RECIPE | RECIPE
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM RAGù - LUNCH RECIPES
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM RAGù - PINTEREST.COM
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM RAGù
PAPPARDELLE WITH BEEF AND MUSHROOM RAGU RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OTTOMAN FOODS: PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM RAGU
PAPPARDELLE WITH MUSHROOM RAGU RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PAPPARDELLE WITH MUSHROOM RAGù RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PAPPARDELLE AI FUNGUI (PAPPARDELLE WITH MUSHROOM RAGù)