TENDER PIE CRUST
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (2 1/4 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor. Add butter; using on/off turns, process until coarse meal forms. Add 8 tablespoons ice water and cider vinegar; blend until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather dough together. Turn dough out onto work surface; divide dough in half. Form each half into ball and flatten into disk. Wrap disks separately in plastic; refrigerate at least 1 hour. (Can be made ahead. Keep dough refrigerated up to 2 days, or enclose in resealable plastic bag and freeze up to 1 month, then thaw in refrigerator overnight. Soften slightly at room temperature before rolling out.)
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a Tender Flaky pie crust?Speaking of chilling out, one of the most-important steps to ensuring a tender, flaky crust is to remember to keep your pie dough ingredients cold. Alton likes to keep his pie dough ingredients really cold. His Pie Crust recipe calls for keeping butter and lard in the freezer prior to incorporating them into the dough.
Can you make a pie crust in a food processor?This is a basic white flaky pie crust, made in the food processor. The secret to good crust is to have everything very cold and to handle it as little as possible. Use frozen or almost frozen lard, butter, and/or shortening as your fat and ice water, and then chill the dough well before rolling.
What kind of dough do you use for pie crust?Based on a classic pâte brisée, the buttery French pastry dough used for making pies and tarts, this pie crust dough is easy to work with and wonderfully versatile. Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor. Add butter; using on/off turns, process until coarse meal forms.
What do you put in pumpkin pie crust to make it tender?The Butter Pie Crust recipe calls on apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar) to help ensure a tender (not tough) texture. Adding spice to the crust complements other elements of the pie and can enhance seasonal flavors, as it does in this Pumpkin Pie with Spiced Crust.
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Catherine McCord
This is my technique for veal demi-glace, and there's not much to it. I'm going for a pure veal stock reduction, fortified with nothing more than mirepoix...
Provided by Chef John
OMG!!! I had to make this cake this past Sunday for my Mary Kay party.. It was a huge hit. It was also devoured!! So easy,so good,so sinfully rich..if...
Provided by vicky hunt
Good food doesn't always have to cost a fortune! Your family will love this. Full of flavor and easy on your pocket book!
Provided by Melissa Baldan
This is a very good potato dish , I stem baby red potatoes and smother them in real butter and parsley flakes. I enjoy a dollop of sour cream on mine but...
Provided by Karla Everett
Provided by á-174942
Try this Instant Pot®-friendly variation of a traditional bean stew from the Portuguese region of Azores. This can be served alone, or over rice, and...
Provided by Ryan C Mathews
Provided by Florence Fabricant
A unique twist on a classic white chocolate fudge recipe! While quick and easy to prepare, Bruce's® Yams Salted Cashew Sweet Potato Fudge is a nutty,...
Provided by Bruce's Yams
Sure you can make a quick Chicken Pot Pie using already made pie crust, canned soups, vegetables and chicken. Just think about all the salt in those ingredients....
Provided by Julia Ferguson
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some...
Provided by Taste of Home
Dis is da toe curlin Texicajun hybrid of a classic dish. This will put a smile on everyone's face that's eatin it. Throw on some Zydeco music and serve...
Provided by Lupe Boudreaux
Provided by Kemp Minifie
This is a tender and delicious baked pork chop recipe, with an Italian flair.
Provided by larvia57
People also searched
More about "tender pie crust food"
TENDER PIE CRUST - KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.2/5 (9)Total Time 40 mins
- Combine the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl., With a pastry blender, two knives, or your fingertips, cut or rub half of the fat into the flour mixture until it resembles cornmeal., Take the remainder of the fat and cut or rub it in until the largest pieces are the size of a dime, or flattened peas., Sprinkle the ice water, one tablespoon at a time, over the flour/fat mixture., With a fork, toss the mixture that you've just moistened and push it to one side., Continue until the dough is just moist enough to hold together.
- Then gather it into a ball (a bit like gently packing a snowball), cut it in half and flatten the halves into two disks., If you're making a double-crust pie, make the piece for the bottom crust larger, since it has to cover more real estate; the bottom piece should be about twice the size of the top piece., Wrap the two pieces of dough and put them in the refrigerator to give them a rest for 30 minutes or more before rolling them out.
THE PERFECT TENDER PIE CRUST - FOOD CHANNEL
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PERFECT TENDER FLAKY PIE CRUST RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (7)Total Time 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 443 per serving
- Measure flour and salt into bowl. Add oil; mix with a fork, until particals are the size of small peas. Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until flour is moistened and dough almost cleans the sides of the bowl. (If dough seems too dry, 1 to 2 tablespoons oil can be added. Do not add water.If dough seems a bit too wet, add a tiny bit of additional flour).Gather dough together;PRESS FIRMLY INTO A BALL. After pressing firmly into a ball,the less the dough is handled the more flaky the crust will be.
- Divide dough in half ; place one half cut side down and flatten into a round. Roll each round of dough between two sheets of wax paper. Gently peel off one sheet of wax paper and turn dough upside down. Peel off remaining sheet of wax paper after placing bottom crust into pan leaving a 1/2 inch overlap around pan edge.( Fill with desired pie filling.) Repeat with top crust rolling out same as bottom crust leaving 1 inch overhang around pan edge). Fold and roll top edge under lower edge, pressing on the rim to seal; flute edges as desired.
- Cut slits to vent steam in top of pie. I usually moisten my hands with a little water and dab across top crust. Sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar across the top of the pie, but not on the fluted areas of crust. Bake as directed following your pie recipe.
- *Do not use quick mixing flour in this recipe. If using self-rising flour,omit the salt. Pie crusts made with self-rising flour will differ in flavor and texture from those made with regular flour. (I always use regular flour.).
MOST TENDER PIE CRUST RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 24Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 108 per serving
- In a large bowl with a pastry blender or two knives, cut lard into flour and salt until particles are the size of small peas.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup flour, the water and the vinegar, whisk until smooth.
- Divide dough in half, wrap each in plastic wrap and chill a minimum of 2 hours, preferably overnight (I tried skipping this once - don't!).
OUR FAVORITE PIE CRUST RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE A TENDER PIE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 1553 per serving
- For a flaky, tender crust (as opposed to one that’s harder, mealy, and more cookie-like), the following works well.
11 BEST PIE CRUST RECIPES | ALL-BUTTER PIE CRUST, GRAHAM ...
TENDER AND TASTY PIE PASTRY RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE | FOOD ...
Author Tyler FlorenceSteps 4
HOW TO MAKE FLAKY PIE CRUST (STEP BY ... - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
HOW TO MAKE TENDER, FLAKY PIE CRUST - SECRET COPYCAT ...
SIMPLE FLAKY AND TENDER BUTTER PIE CRUST · COOK EAT LAUGH
THE BEST TENDER & FLAKY EINKORN PIE CRUST | FOODTALK
TENDER PIE CRUST ~ FLASHBACK FRIDAY | PIE CRUST, YUMMY ...
TENDERFLAKE PIE CRUSTS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HOMEMADE TENDER PIE CRUST - BAKERS TABLE
ROSE'S BEST FLAKY & TENDER PIE CRUST - REAL BAKING WITH ROSE
TENDERFLAKE RECIPE FOR PIE CRUST : DON'T FEAR IT - THE ...
BEST EVER PIE CRUST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SIMPLE FLAKY TENDER PIE CRUST | PHOTOS & FOOD | RECIPE ...
THE SECRET TO SUPER-FLAKY PIE CRUST - KING ARTHUR BAKING
FOOD PROCESSOR PIE CRUST RECIPE (SUPER FLAKY!) | ZESTFUL ...
THE BEST BUTTER PIE CRUST ~ FLAKY & SO EASY ...
FOOD PROCESSOR PIE CRUST - KING ARTHUR BAKING
TENDER FLAKY PIE CRUST RECIPE - PEG'S HOME COOKING
TENDER PIE CRUST RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PIE CRUST IN THE FOOD PROCESSOR - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
TENDER PIE CRUST - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
THE TENDERFLAKE PIE PASTRY RECIPE FROM THE SIDE OF THE BOX
GRANDMA’S BEST PIE CRUST - THE KITCHEN WHISPERER
TWO TIPS FOR FLAKY, TENDER PIE CRUST | KING ARTHUR BAKING
OUR 15 BEST PIE CRUST RECIPES OF ALL TIME | ALLRECIPES
TENDER PIE CRUST - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
BAKING POWDER IS THE SECRET TO THE FLAKIEST PIE DOUGH - KITCHN
THE ULTIMATE FLAKY AND TENDER PIE AND TART CRUST | NOT ...
GRANDMA'S PERFECT PIE CRUST | THE RECIPE CRITIC
TENDER PIE CRUST - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
SIMPLE FLAKY TENDER PIE CRUST | PHOTOS & FOOD
FLAKY AND TENDER PIE CRUST RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
THE SHORTCUT TO CRISP, TENDER PIE CRUST - THE NEW YORK TIMES
EASY ALL-BUTTER FLAKY PIE CRUST - INSPIRED TASTE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PIE CRUST - KING ARTHUR BAKING
HOMEMADE PIE CRUST RECIPE: SO FLAKY! -BAKING A MOMENT
HOW TO MAKE FLAKY TENDER PIE CRUST - KITCHEN PARADE
10 EASY PIE CRUST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES