TOMATO PEACH MARMALADE
Got this out of a library book "The Pantry Gourmet". It is said to be great with English muffins, bagels and cream cheese or lamb.
Provided by nvermd
Yield 2 pints, 44 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Slowly cook all of the ingredients for 2 to 3 hours, stirring frequently, until thick.
- Place in hot sterilized jars and seal.
- Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 46.1, Fat 0.1, Sodium 2.2, Carbohydrate 12.4, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 11.1, Protein 0.5
Provided by Food Network
Yield 12 jars
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Bring water to a boil. Put peaches in the boiling water for just 1 minute or under. Take them out with a slotted spoon and place them in cold water. Peel and slice peaches. Discard peach pits. Put peaches into a large (wide-open) heavy bottom pot and add the sugar. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil mixture and stir frequently. Mixture will thicken in approximately 45 minutes to an hour. As mixture thicken, you must stir more frequently to ensure that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot. To test whether the jam is ready, place a cold metal spoon in the mixture and tilt. The jam should form a single stream.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 cup of tomato jam
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Score an X in the bottom of 3 pounds of tomatoes and cook in boiling water for about 30 seconds. Drain, transfer to a bowl of ice water, then peel and dice. Combine the tomatoes with 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup light brown sugar and 2 tablespoons cider vinegar in a large pot over medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon each ground coriander and cumin and the juice of 1 lemon. Cook, stirring, until thick, about 1 hour; let cool. Serve with cheese and crackers.
TOMATO ORANGE MARMALADE
- If desired, sterilize jars , lids, and screw bands.
- Chill 2 small plates (for testing marmalade).
- Cook all ingredients, including reserved juices from tomatoes, in pot over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved, about 6 minutes. Simmer, stirring frequently as marmalade thickens (to prevent scorching) and adjusting heat as needed, until marmalade tests done, 50 minutes to 1 1/4 hours. Begin testing for doneness after 50 minutes: Drop a spoonful of marmalade on a chilled plate, then tilt; it should remain in a mound and not run (if necessary, remove pot of marmalade from heat while testing).
- If not processing, cool marmalade, uncovered, then chill in an airtight container (preferably glass).
- If processing, drain jars upside down on a clean kitchen towel 1 minute, then invert. Ladle marmalade into jars, leaving 1/4 inch of space at top. Run a thin knife between marmalade and jar to eliminate air bubbles.
- Seal, process, and store filled jars (and boil marmalade in jars 10 minutes).
- Let marmalade stand in jars at least 1 day for flavors to develop.
Good tomatoes and balance are crucial. You need sugar for the kind of gooey, sticky quality we associate with jam; otherwise, all you're producing is a tomato sauce, no matter how different the flavor is from the classic. Once you add that sugar, however, you need acid, because even though tomatoes are plenty acidic, they can't counter all that sugar. I tried lemon juice, vinegar and finally lime, deciding that I liked the last best.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories jams, jellies and preserves, project
Yield About 1 pint
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy medium saucepan, Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture has consistency of thick jam, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, then cool and refrigerate until ready to use; this will keep at least a week.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 230, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 535 milligrams, Sugar 55 grams, TransFat 0 grams
This is a nice way to show off your garden tomatoes and makes a nice Holiday food gift as well! A break from the traditional orange marmalade.
Provided by Steve P.
Yield 8 Eight ounce jars
Number Of Ingredients 6
- REMOVE peel from tomatoes and cut in small pieces.
- Slice oranges and lemons very thin and quarter the slices.
- Pour off juice from the tomatoes.
- Add sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add oranges, lemons, and spices which have been tied loosely in cheesecloth bag.
- Place mixture over high heat and boil rapidly, stirring often.
- Cook until clear and thick (about 50 minutes).
- Pour into sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- Process in Boiling Water Bath 10 minutes.
More about "tomato peach marmalade recipes"
ROASTED TOMATO-PEACH JAM - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 51 per serving
SPICY TOMATO PEACH JAM | LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
Servings 4-5Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
TOMATO-PEACH PRESERVES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrs 26 minsServings 3Published 2011-08-08
- Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes (mixture will boil). Stir mixture, and microwave at HIGH 12 to 16 minutes or until thickened. (You're going for the viscosity of pancake syrup here. The mixture will thicken to soft-set preserves after it cools and chills.) Stir rosemary and pepper into warm preserves. Cool mixture completely (about 2 hours). Serve immediately, or cover and chill preserves in an airtight container until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
BURRATA WITH TOMATO-PEACH JAM - ONCE UPON A CHEF
TOMATO APPLE JAM - COOKEATSHARE
TOMATO MARMALADE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
GREEN TOMATO MARMALADE RECIPE - MY ISLAND BISTRO KITCHEN
PEACH JAM RECIPE PIONEER WOMAN - GET COOKING INSTRUCTIONS ...
HEIRLOOM YELLOW TOMATO JAM - SPOONGOOD
BURRATA WITH TOMATO-PEACH JAM — BURRATA HOUSE
HOW TO MAKE PEACH AND TOMATO CHUTNEY - DAYS OF JAY
TOMATO JAM RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
TOMATO PEACH JAM - WORDPRESS.COM
TOMATO MARMALADE - POMONA'S UNIVERSAL PECTIN - SUGAR FREE ...
TOMATO PEACH GINGER JAM - HEATHER CHRISTO
ROASTED TOMATO AND PEACH JAM | THE STAR
PEACH MARMALADE WITH ADDED PECTIN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
43 DELICIOUS JELLY AND JAM RECIPES FOR TASTY TREATS ALL ...
TOMATO PEACH JAM | PEACH JAM, CANNING RECIPES, JELLY RECIPES
TOMATO PEACH JAM - HAPPY EATS HEALTHY
PEACH TOMATO JAM | SUMMER FRUIT, FALL SPICES - PASTRY …
TOMATO MARMALADE RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
PEACH-ORANGE MARMALADE - PRESERVING FOOD AT HOME
CANNING CLASS: PEACHY TOMATO SALSA - THE WASHINGTON POST
USES FOR TOMATO-PEACH-JALAPEñO JAM - HOME COOKING ...
EXTRA JAM PEACH - CIRIO 1856
SPICY PEACH AND YELLOW TOMATO JAM - FOOD IN JARS
ORANGE PEACH TOMATO SEEDS - BAKER CREEK HEIRLOOM SEED CO
TOMATO PEACH BABY GREENS SALAD | METRO
89 BEST CHERRY TOMATO SALAD IDEAS | CHERRY TOMATO SALAD ...
SMALL BATCH TOMATO JALAPEñO JAM – FOOD IN JARS
TOMATO, PEACH, JALAPENO JAM - HOMEMADE NUTRITION ...
OUR FAVORITE HOMEMADE JAM RECIPES TO SWEETEN ANY DAY ...
RECIPE: TOMATO MARMALADE - STYLE AT HOME
BASIL PEACH HEIRLOOM TOMATO JAM - WHOLE AND HEAVENLY OVEN
OLD FASHIONED TOMATO PRESERVES RECIPE | DANDK ORGANIZER
SPICY TOMATO PEACH JAM - TABLE FOR TWO® BY JULIE CHIOU
ROASTED TOMATO & PEACH JAM | PEACH JAM, FOOD CONTEST, WINE ...
KERR HOME CANNING
TOMATO JALAPENO JAM RECIPE - EVERYDAY SOUTHWEST
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #jams-and-preserves #condiments-etc #fruit #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love