EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN
Get all the flavors of your favorite Chinese restaurant in the comfort of your own kitchen with this quick budget-friendly recipe.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In small bowl, mix chili garlic sauce, sugar and vinegar; set aside. In large bowl, mix flour and cornstarch with whisk; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat egg white and soy sauce. Add chicken; toss to coat. Transfer chicken a few pieces at a time to bowl with flour mixture; toss to coat, then transfer to plate. Discard any leftover extra egg mixture and flour mixture.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken to skillet; cook 6 to 7 minutes, turning once, until chicken is crispy and browned on outside. If pieces of chicken stick together, break apart with spatula.
- Add broccoli to skillet; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until broccoli is softened and browned on edges, and chicken is no longer pink in center. Add chili garlic sauce mixture to pan; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, stirring until mixture is thoroughly coated. Stir in green onions.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls. Divide chicken mixture over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Carbohydrate 48 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 670 mg, Sugar 12 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "easy general tsos chicken recipes"
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (336)Total Time 40 minsCategory Chicken BreastCalories 410 per serving
- Place sauce ingredients in a quart jar with a lid and shake to mix. If you make this ahead of time just refrigerate until needed, shaking it again when you are ready to use it. This also keeps your dirty dishes down.
- Mix cornstarch slurry in a large bowl- the mixture will be strange but trust me it works. It will be VERY thick almost paste like. Add ALL the chicken pieces and stir to coat. Using a fork remove ONE chicken piece at a time and let the excess mixture drip off. YES even though the mixture has a weird consistency it will not stick like paste and the excess will drip off. Add chicken to the hot (350 degree) oil and fry until crispy. Only cook 7 or 8 chicken pieces at a time. You do not want to lower the temp of the oil by cooking too many at a time. You can use a simple cooking or candy thermometer to judge the temp of the oil.
- Drain on paper towels. Want them extra crispy? Put them on a rack over a sheet pan. Keep warm- I just put them in the oven with the oven off. Repeating until all chicken is fried.
- In a separate wok or large skillet add a small amount of oil and heat to 400 degrees. Again, a candy thermometer works great. (Want less dishes? You can just drain the oil after you fry all the chicken, leave a small amount (about a tsp) in the pan and use the same pan if you like.)
SUPER-EASY GENERAL TSO CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (42)Category PoultryAuthor QuiltingqueenCalories 617 per serving
- Mix the soy sauce, water, hot sauce, sugar, boullion, and ginger in a saucepan and heat until boiling. Cut the heat down and simmer while you prepare the chicken.
- Take your chicken and cut into bite-size cubes. Now, at this point you can either use a boxed batter mix to add a coating on it (and deep-fry according to the box mix), or you can just stir-fry your plain chicken in a little oil until thoroughly cooked.
- Going back to your sauce, use the cornstarch in water to thicken it. Then add your cooked chicken. If you battered your chicken, it's ready to eat (don't leave the battered chicken too long before eating or it will get soggy). If you stir-fried plain chicken, use this time to simmer it awhile and prepare your veggies and rice.
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - JUST A TASTE
4.9/5 (30)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 642 per serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and flour with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, tossing to coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and soy sauce to make a slurry. Set the slurry aside.
- You can test if the oil is hot enough by adding one piece of the chicken to the pan. If it bubbles and floats, the oil is the correct temperature.
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (16)Total Time 35 minsCategory Chicken BreastCalories 234 per serving
- Whisk together broth, Splenda (or sugar), soy sauce, vinegar and ginger. Set aside. Wait until just before pouring over the meal to add in the cornstarch. (Otherwise it gets gloopy and slugdy.).
- Spray a wok or non-stick skillet liberally with Pam (or drizzle in some vegetable oil to coat the bottom). Add scallions, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and brown. Use more spray (or oil) if necessary to assist with the browning. Cook about 5-8 minutes. The chicken should be almost done before you add the sauce.
- Add cornstarch to your sauce bowl (put together in step one) and whisk to create a slurry. Add to your chicken in the pan and heat until boiling, then reduce to a simmer. The boiling of the sauce will cause the cornstarch to thicken. Soon it will be as thick as the General Tso's sauce you're used to!
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Frank's Noodle HouseSteps 2Difficulty Intermediate
BAKED GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD ...
Author Ree DrummondSteps 6Difficulty Easy
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Tyler FlorenceSteps 2Difficulty Easy
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN (WITH VIDEO) - TIPBUZZ
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN (SUPER EASY HOMEMADE TAKEOUT-STYLE ...
EASY GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN - COMPLETE RECIPES
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE | JET TILA | FOOD NETWORK
BEST GENERAL TSO CHICKEN RECIPE 2022 ️ - FOOD MADE WITH ...
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - 5* TRENDING RECIPES WITH VIDEOS
EASY GENERAL TSOS CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
AN EASY & HEALTHY OVEN BAKED GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE ...
GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
DRUMMOND’S VERSION OF GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN IS A ‘WIN, WIN ...
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE – EAT, LITTLE BIRD
GENERAL TSOS CHICKEN | MRFOOD.COM
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
EASY GENERAL TSOS CHICKEN + AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO'S ...
EASY AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO CHICKEN RECIPE - BEST CHINESE FOOD
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - EPICURIOUS
CHINESE GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN EASY RECIPE - GUSBISTRO.COM
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - RECIPETIN EATS
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - SOUTHERN BITE
EASY GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPES - FOOD STUFF TODAY
GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY SPICY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE - TASTE OF ASIAN FOOD
GENERAL TSO CHICKEN WINGS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
TRISHA'S EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
FRESH AND EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN WITH BROCCOLI - FOOD.COM
TRISHA'S EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASY GENERAL TSO CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | JOHN SOULES FOODS
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
EASY GENERAL TSO CHICKEN - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN - FOOD AND COOKING BLOG
EASY GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE - THE MOM 100
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE | RECIPE | HOMEMADE ...
EASY GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN (WITH SHORTCUTS) - GRITS AND GOUDA
THE BEST GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
GENERAL TSO CHICKEN - FOOD FUSION
QUICK AND EASY GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN | DHAKA FOODSTER
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
You'll also love