AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN
Making fried chicken in an air fryer is a revelation. You can achieve a crispy crust and juicy interior without all the steps of deep-frying. A soak in seasoned buttermilk adds extra flavor-as little as 1 hour will make a difference, but overnight is even better. Because of the capacity of a standard air fryer, we cook the chicken in batches. You can rewarm the first batch in a 250-degree oven for 10 minutes if you'd like to serve it all hot at once.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 6 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Combine the buttermilk, garlic, 1 tablespoon salt and 2 teaspoons pepper in a large resealable plastic bag or container. Add the chicken pieces, seal and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight, turning the bag once or twice.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a shallow bowl or dish. Stir well with a fork to combine. Drizzle 2 to 3 tablespoons of the buttermilk mixture from the bag over the flour and toss well to create small lumps throughout.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Spray the basket of a 3.5-quart air fryer with olive oil cooking spray and preheat to 360 degrees F.
- Dredge 3 thighs and 3 drumsticks in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess. Place the pieces in the preheated air-fryer basket, skin-side up without touching. Spray the chicken generously with the cooking spray and air fry until the chicken is cooked through and the crust is crisp and deep golden, about 27 minutes. Check on the chicken halfway through to spray any spots that still look floury with more cooking spray and flip the drumsticks only.
- When the chicken is done, remove it from the air fryer and season lightly with salt. Repeat the dredging and air-frying process with the remaining chicken. if you like, rewarm the first batch in an oven at 250 degrees F for 10 minutes before serving.
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken in an air fryer?Using tongs, dredge the chicken in the flour, then the buttermilk, and then lastly in the flour. Place in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Cook at 360 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Open the basket and spray any flour with the cooking spray. Turn the chicken and cook for another 5-10 minutes until 165 degrees and no longer pink.
What are the best air fryer recipes?Try yours out with these absolutely delicious air fryer recipes. Brown Sugar Garlic Air Fryer Salmon, Perfect Air Fryer Steak with Garlic Herb Butter and The Best Air Fryer Chicken Breast (super juicy and tender). This fried chicken is going to change your life!
What is “fried” chicken?Crispy Air Fryer “Fried” Chicken is what Air Fryers were created to do! Crunchy golden seasoned outside, and tender, juicy, full of flavor inside! This is how chicken was meant to be eaten. Air Frying is sweeping the culinary world and with good reason. Food is done quicker, it’s juicer and has beautiful crusts.
Is air frying chicken healthy?Air frying chicken is much healthier than deep fat frying it and you’ll still get that amazing outside that we all love. You may never buy fried chicken out again. It’s just that good. Using the air fryer eliminates not only the need for extra oil to fry it in, but it will also eliminates the mess. No more oil splatters all over your kitchen.
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Catherine McCord
This is my technique for veal demi-glace, and there's not much to it. I'm going for a pure veal stock reduction, fortified with nothing more than mirepoix...
Provided by Chef John
OMG!!! I had to make this cake this past Sunday for my Mary Kay party.. It was a huge hit. It was also devoured!! So easy,so good,so sinfully rich..if...
Provided by vicky hunt
Good food doesn't always have to cost a fortune! Your family will love this. Full of flavor and easy on your pocket book!
Provided by Melissa Baldan
This is a very good potato dish , I stem baby red potatoes and smother them in real butter and parsley flakes. I enjoy a dollop of sour cream on mine but...
Provided by Karla Everett
Provided by á-174942
Try this Instant Pot®-friendly variation of a traditional bean stew from the Portuguese region of Azores. This can be served alone, or over rice, and...
Provided by Ryan C Mathews
Provided by Florence Fabricant
A unique twist on a classic white chocolate fudge recipe! While quick and easy to prepare, Bruce's® Yams Salted Cashew Sweet Potato Fudge is a nutty,...
Provided by Bruce's Yams
Sure you can make a quick Chicken Pot Pie using already made pie crust, canned soups, vegetables and chicken. Just think about all the salt in those ingredients....
Provided by Julia Ferguson
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some...
Provided by Taste of Home
Dis is da toe curlin Texicajun hybrid of a classic dish. This will put a smile on everyone's face that's eatin it. Throw on some Zydeco music and serve...
Provided by Lupe Boudreaux
Provided by Kemp Minifie
This is a tender and delicious baked pork chop recipe, with an Italian flair.
Provided by larvia57
People also searched
More about "air fryer fried chicken food"
BREADED AIR FRYER CHICKEN - FEELGOODFOODIE
Ratings 122Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Entree
- In a medium bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with oregano, paprika and garlic powder until well combined.
- Spray the chicken with cooking spray, then dredge in the breadcrumbs mixture. Shake off excess breading. Repeat for the remaining chicken.
- Spray the air fryer pan with cooking spray. Then spray the outside of the breaded chicken with cooking spray, if desired. Place the chicken in the basket of the air fryer, without over crowding the pan. You may need to work in batches.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
4.9/5 (14)Total Time 25 minsCategory Air Fryer RecipesCalories 407 per serving
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, the remainingteaspoon of salt, the remaining teaspoon of pepper, and the paprika.
- Dredge each chicken piece in the flour mixture first, then dunkit into the egg, then dredge again in the flour mixture so that it iscompletely coated. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN - ALLRECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 8 hrs 35 minsCategory Fried ChickenCalories 291 per serving
- Combine buttermilk, hot sauce, and salt in a large gallon-sized resealable bag. Add chicken and knead well to ensure chicken is coated with marinade. Marinate chicken in the fridge, 8 hours to overnight.
- Combine flour, sweet and smoked paprika, garlic salt, onion powder, salt, pepper, cumin, thyme, basil, and oregano in a second gallon-sized resealable bag. Shake to combine. Drain chicken from the buttermilk and add to the dry mix. Shake to coat.
CRISPY AIR FRYER "FRIED" CHICKEN - THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.8/5 (4)Calories 351 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course
- Salt and pepper chicken thighs and legs. In a medium sized bowl add the buttermilk and eggs and whisk. In another medium sized bowl add the flour, cajun, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Using tongs, dredge the chicken in the flour, then the buttermilk, and then lastly in the flour. Place in the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 360 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Open the basket and spray any flour with the cooking spray. Turn the chicken and cook for another 5-10 minutes until 165 degrees and no longer pink.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN TENDERS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK …
4.1/5 (32)Author Food Network KitchenServings 8Category Main-Dish
- For the chicken: Combine the buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce and paprika in a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, making sure it is completely coated. Seal the bag and place in a bowl. Let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, stir together the panko with the Parmesan, olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt in a shallow baking dish or pie plate.
- For the dipping sauce: Stir together the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, honey and Dijon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat a 3.5-quart air fryer to 390 degrees F. Remove 1 piece of chicken at a time from the bag, shaking off excess buttermilk. Place in the panko and press gently with your hands to adhere the panko evenly. Gently shake to remove the excess and place in the air fryer basket. Repeat with enough chicken to fill the basket (about 4 pieces) and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining chicken and serve warm with the dipping sauce.
AIR FRYER BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN - DIABETES FOOD HUB
5/5 (379)Servings 4Cuisine Comfort Food, Kid FriendlyCategory Dinner, Main Dish, Quick & Easy
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN (AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN ...
AIR-FRIED CHICKEN - BBC GOOD FOOD
Servings 4Calories 250 per servingTotal Time 50 mins
- Mix the flour with the seasoning, then toss with the chicken thighs – it will be a very light coating, but you can double the flour and seasoning if you prefer a thicker coating.
- Arrange the chicken in one layer on the tray of an air fryer without a paddle, and program to cook for 35 mins. Check the thighs are cooked by pulling the flesh on the underside of one away from the bone – it should come away easily and there should be no pink remaining. Cook for another 5-10 mins if needed. The skin should have bubbled and crisped up, and any excess fat from the chicken will have dripped into the base of the fryer (you can discard this). Don’t leave the chicken in the fryer, or the steam will make the skin soft again.
BEST AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN - HOW TO AIR FRY FRIED CHICKEN
Servings 2-4Total Time 1 hrCategory Main Dish
- Combine 1 cup buttermilk, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon each paprika, celery seed, and salt in a gallon-sized bag or large bowl.
- Add chicken, making sure each piece is fully coated, and marinate in refrigerator, at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN · I AM A FOOD BLOG
4.9/5 (28)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 723 per serving
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil or use a paper towel to wipe a thin coat of oil onto it. Arrange the chicken in a single layer and air fry the chicken at 400ºF for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is air frying, combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until it comes to a brief boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the 15 minutes is up, flip the chicken and air fry another 5 minutes, then transfer the chicken onto a plate or rack to cool for 5 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE THE CRUNCHIEST ASIAN FRIED CHICKEN IN AN AIR FRYER
4.8/5 (9)Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil or use a brush/paper towel to apply a thin coat of oil onto it. Arrange the chicken in a single layer and air fry the chicken at 400ºF for 15 minutes. When the 15 minutes is up, flip the chicken and air fry another 5 minutes.
30 AIR FRYER FOOD IDEAS: THE BEST AND EASY RECIPES
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings. Skip the deep-fryer and forget soggy oven chicken wings. The air fryer offers the best of both worlds for crispy chicken wings without extra fat,
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings. Buffalo chicken wings are spicy and tangy. They also happen to be delicious. And they don’t take much time to prepare.
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs. Chicken thighs are often overlooked when it comes to air frying. But these dark meat cuts are full of flavor and texture. Plus, this quick meal cooks quickly.
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs. Corn dogs are a classic summer treat. But they’re also very high in fat. Try making them in an air fryer if you want to enjoy corn dogs without all the grease.
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts. Brussels sprouts are a great alternative to potatoes. They’re low in carbs and high in fiber quick snacks. And they taste delicious!
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries. Avocados are rich in healthy fats that help keep your heart healthy. But there’s no need to eat them plain. Instead, try adding some spices and flavors to complement their natural sweetness.
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips. Sweet potato chips or sweet potato fries are healthier than regular potato chips. Plus, they’re much lower in calories.
- Air Fryer Baked Beans. Baked beans are one of those foods that everyone loves. But most people tend to eat them straight from the jar. Why not give them a new twist?
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas. Fajitas are a popular Mexican dish made of grilled chicken and vegetables served on top of tortillas. The best thing about fajitas is that you don’t have to cook the meat first.
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken. Fried chicken is delicious, but it isn’t always healthy. That’s why many people opt for oven-fried chicken over deep-fried chicken.
IS AIR FRIED CHICKEN HEALTHY? IS AIR FRIED FOOD HEALTHY ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
AIR-FRYER FRIED CHICKEN | FOOD & WINE
Category Chicken ThighsTotal Time 4 hrs
33 FRIED CHICKEN RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY | FOOD & WINE
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
AIR FRYER CHICKEN FRIED STEAK - THE FOOD HUSSY
5/5 (8)Total Time 25 minsCategory EntreeCalories 381 per serving
DO AIR FRYERS REALLY MAKE FOOD CRISPY? - KITCHENSNITCHES
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
CURRY IN A HURRY AIR FRYER CURRY CHICKEN - BLISSFULL EATING
5/5 (5)Total Time 16 minsCategory Air FryerCalories 9 per serving
HOW TO REHEAT FRIED CHICKEN USING AN AIR FRYER - AIR FRY GUIDE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BLACK FOLKS SOUL FOOD SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE IN THE ...
Ratings 19Calories 223 per servingCategory Main Course
AIR FRYER KARAAGE (JAPANESE FRIED CHICKEN) - MOCHI MOMMY
5/5 (4)Category Main Course, SnackCuisine Japanese
AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN - FOODNETWORK.CA
Servings 4-6Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsCategory Air Fryer,Chicken
FRIED CHICKEN - BONE-IN - AIR FRYER - ASIAN IN AMERICA
Cuisine Asian, FilipinoTotal Time 24 hrs 28 minsCategory Dinner, LunchCalories 6 per serving
MISTAKES EVERYONE MAKES COOKING FRIED CHICKEN IN THE AIR FRYER
Author Amy Boyington
AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
87% (36)Calories 409 per servingCategory Lunch
HOW TO COOK FRIED CHICKEN IN AIR FRYER - AIRFRYERPROCLUB.COM
AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN | FOOD TOWN
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN (AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN) - ONLINE YUM FOOD
REHEAT FRIED CHICKEN IN THE AIR FRYER - INSANELY GOOD
AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE – MY ROI LIST
CAN YOU REHEAT CHICKEN IN AIR FRYER - THERESCIPES.INFO
QUESTION: HOW TO GET CRISPY CHICKEN IN AIR FRYER ...
AIR FRYER SOUTHERN-FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FOOD: CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP, AIR FRYER CRISPY (UN) FRIED ...
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN (AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN) - FOOD TO YOU
BEST SMALLEST AIR FRYER IN 2022 - RESTAURANT STELLA
ESSENTIAL CHICKEN RECIPES FOR THE AIR FRYER | FLIPBOARD
AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN - FIFTY SHADES OF FOOD
THE SINGLE BEST WAY TO MAKE LEFTOVER FRIED CHICKEN CRISPY ...
AIR FRYER CHICKEN CROQUETTES - THERESCIPES.INFO
AIR FRYER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
YOU ASKED: CAN YOU REHEAT FRIED FOOD IN AN AIR FRYER? - I ...
AIR FRIED CHICKEN CHARGHA – FOOD FUSION
AIR FRYER NASHVILLE HOT CHICKEN | CHICKEN.CA
BEST AIR FRYER FRIED CHICKEN - HOW TO AIR FRY FRIED CHICKEN
CRISPY AIR FRYER “FRIED” CHICKEN - FOODS GEEK