FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE TORTE
- Trace 4 (8 inch) circles on parchment paper, cut out and put on baking sheets. Meringue: Combine 3/4 c sugar, cornstarch and zest; set aside. In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 3/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla and fold in reserved sugar mixture. Spoon meringue on to circles, smoothing the tops. Bake at 300F for 1 hour or until golden> Let cool. Lemon Filling: In a saucepan over med/high, heat 1 1/4 c sugar, butter, lemon zest and juice, stirring until sugar dissolves. In a bowl, beat eggs; whisk in lemon mixture and return to saucepan. Cook, stirring, just until boiling; simmer for 1 minute. Pour into bow. Place plastic wrap directly on surface; cool in refrigerator to room temperature. (can be refrigerated for up to 1 day). Whip cream and fold into lemon mixture. Assembly: Crumble least-attractive meringue for garnish; set aside. Fit 1 meringue into 9-inch springform pan. Pour a third of lemon filling over top. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle crumbled meringue over top. Freeze for at least 8 hours. Can be frozen for up to 1 week well wrapped. Let soften in refrigerator for 45 min before serving.
LEMON MERINGUE TART
Provided by Ina Garten Bio & Top Recipes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine the flour, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Put the flour mixture in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the butter and shortening and pulse about 10 times until the butter is in small bits. Add the ice water and process until the dough comes together. Dump on a well-floured board and form into a disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough and fit into a 9-inch tart pan with removable sides. Don't stretch the dough when placing it in the pan or it will shrink during baking. Cut off the excess by rolling the pin across the top of the pan. Line the tart shell with a piece of buttered aluminum foil, butter side down, and fill it with dried beans or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the beans and foil and prick the bottom of the shell all over with a fork to allow the steam to escape. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- For the meringue, whip the egg whites, cream of tartar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment on high speed until frothy. With the mixer still running, slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and beat until the meringue is thick and shiny, about 2 minutes.
- Immediately spread the lemon filling in the cooled tart shell and pipe the meringue over it with a large star tip. Be sure the meringue covers the entire top and touches the edges of the shell, to prevent it from shrinking. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, until the meringue is lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment for 1 minute. On low speed, add the eggs and egg yolks one at a time, and then add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Don't worry; it will look curdled.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until thick, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Whisk briskly when it starts to thicken and cook over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Don't allow it to boil! It will be 175 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Pour into a bowl and cool to room temperature.
FROZEN LEMON TORTE
A Passover recipe from Aish.com. Looks refreshing. Haven't tried it yet. Cooking time is mostly freezing time.
Provided by Sarah Chana
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Line bottom and sides of buttered 9" (22.5 cm) springform pan with ladyfingers.
- In top of double boiler, place 5 yolks and 2 whites. Beat together until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, rind and sugar, and beat lightly.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly. Cool.
- Fold in cream, which has been whipped.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Freeze at least 5 hours.
- Beat remaining 3 whites with 4 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Spread on cake.
- Place under broiler briefly until lightly browned.
- Return to freezer.
- Remove one hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 522.7, Fat 28.1, SaturatedFat 15.8, Cholesterol 334.1, Sodium 115.1, Carbohydrate 61.1, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 46.8, Protein 8.7
CHOCOLATE ALMOND MERINGUE TORTE
Make and share this Chocolate Almond Meringue Torte recipe from Food.com.
Provided by TooAllergic
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F.
- Set Ice Cream or Dairy-free frozen dessert out to soften slightly.
- Process first three ingredients until finely mixed.
- Whip egg whites and sugar to stiff peaks.
- Fold almond mix into the egg whites.
- Spread onto parchment-lined baking sheets, forming two circles, approximately 9" round and 1/4-1/2" thick.
- Bake until firm (check after 20 minutes). Cool.
- Set one meringue on a plate and spread soft ice cream over it. Top with second meringue and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat Soy milk to a simmer, and pull off of the heat. Stir in finely chopped chocolate or chips. Stir vigorously until this mixture is thick, slightly cooled and glossy (about 5 minutes).
- Pour Chocolate sauce over frozen ice cream cake, sprinkle the edge with the almonds and place back in freezer until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.2, Fat 15.1, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 15.8, Sodium 139.4, Carbohydrate 45.7, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 40.2, Protein 9
LADYFINGER LEMON TORTE
Golden ladyfingers frame the luscious custard filling of this lovely frozen dessert from Mrs. J.H. Carroll of Ottawa, Ontario. Everyone will enjoy the yummy combination of sweetness and lemony zest.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a heavy saucepan, combine egg yolks, 1-1/4 cups sugar, lemon juice and egg whites. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat a metal spoon. Remove from heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in lemon zest. Transfer to a bowl, press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Chill for 2-3 hours or until partially set., In a large bowl, beat cream on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold whipped cream into the cooled lemon mixture. , Arrange 24 ladyfingers around the edge of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Arrange 16 ladyfingers on bottom of pan. Spread with half the lemon mixture. Layer with remaining ladyfingers; top with remaining lemon mixture., Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before cutting. Remove sides of the pan. Garnish with lemon slices and mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291 calories, Fat 17g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 169mg cholesterol, Sodium 38mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
FROZEN STRAWBERRY LEMON MERINGUE TORTE
- Make the meringue layers:
- Line 2 buttered baking sheets with parchment paper or foil and on them trace 3 circles using the bottom of an 8 1/2-inch springform pan as a guide. In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold soft peaks, add the sugar gradually, beating, and beat the whites until they hold stiff glossy peaks. Transfer the meringue to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain tip, beginning in the middle of each parchment circle pipe the meringue in a tight spiral to fill in each circle, and smooth the tops. Bake the meringues on 2 racks in a preheated 250°F. oven, switching the baking sheets from one rack to the other every 30 minutes, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until they are firm when touched and very pale golden. Remove the parchment with the meringue from the baking sheets, let the meringue cool on it, and peel off the parchment carefully. The meringue layers may be made 1 day in advance and kept, wrapped well in plastic wrap, at room temperature. With a serrated knife trim the meringue layers so that they will just fit inside the 3 1/2-inch springform pan.
- Oil the pan, line it with plastic wrap, leaving on overhang, and arrange 1 of the meringue layers, smooth side down, in the bottom.
- Make the lemon filling
- In heavy saucepan sprinkle the gelatin over the water, let it soften for 1 minute, and heat the mixture over low heat, stirring, until the gelatin is dissolved. Whisk in the lemon juice, the sugar, the egg yolks, and zest and cook the mixture over moderately low heat, whisking constantly, until it registers 170°F. on a candy thermometer. Transfer the mixture to a metal bowl set in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stir it occasionally until it is very thick but not set. In a bowl beat the cream until it holds soft peaks and fold it into the lemon mixture.
- Pour the lemon filling over the meringue layer in the springform pan, top it with 1 of the remaining meringue layers, and freeze the torte for 1 hour, or until the lemon filling is firm.
- Make the strawberry filling:
- In a heavy saucepan sprinkle the gelatin over the water, let it soften for 1 minute, and heat the mixture over low heat, stirring, until the gelatin is dissolved. In a food processor or blender purée the strawberries with the preserves and the sugar, whisk the purée and the egg yolks into the gelatin mixture, and cook the mixture over moderately low heat, whisking constantly, until it registers 170°F. on a candy thermometer. Transfer the mixture to a metal bowl set in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stir it occasionally until it is very thick but not set. In a bowl beat the cream until it holds soft peaks and fold it into the strawberry mixture.
- Pour the strawberry filling over the meringue layer in the springform pan, top it with the remaining meringue layer, smooth side up, and fold the plastic wrap overhang over the top. Freeze the torte for 2 hours, or until it is frozen. The torte may be prepared up to this point 2 days in advance and dept wrapped well and frozen.
- Make the frosting:
- In a small saucepan sprinkle the gelatin over the water, let it soften for 1 minute, and heat the mixture over low heat, stirring, until the gelatin is dissolved. In a bowl beat the heavy cram and the sour cream with the confectioners' sugar until the mixture just holds stiff peaks, add the gelatin mixture in a stream, beating, and beat the frosting until it holds stiff peaks.
- Remove the side of the pan and transfer the torte to a serving plate, discarding the plastic wrap. Spread a thin layer of the frosting on the top and side of the torte and freeze the torte for 10 minutes, or until the frosting is firm. Transfer the remaining frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip (such as a basket-weave tip), pipe it over the torte, and freeze the torte for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours. Let the torte stand in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving and garnish it with the strawberries.
More about "frozen lemon meringue torte recipes"
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE TORTE – FOX ON AN ISLAND
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE TORTE - IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD …
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE TORTE | CTV NEWS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE TORTE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL ...
FROZEN STRAWBERRY LEMON MERINGUE TORTE PT 1 – FEAST.LOL ...
FROZEN STRAWBERRY LEMON MERINGUE TORTE PT 1 ARCHIVES ...
FROZEN LEMON MOUSSE MERINGUE TORTE | SMALL GIRL BIG PLATE
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE | CZECH IN THE KITCHEN
FROZEN LEMON TORTE RECIPE BY BUDGET.GOURMET | IFOOD.TV
MERINGUE TORTE WITH LEMON CREAM - URBAN FOODIE KITCHEN
FROZEN LEMON TORTE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE - MONDAY MORNING COOKING CLUB
ASTRAY RECIPES: FROZEN STRAWBERRY LEMON MERINGUE TORTE PT 1
FROZEN LEMON TORTE | ZARELA
LEMON MERINGUE TORTE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
FROZEN MERINGUE RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE - FOOD24
FROZEN SASKATOON & LEMON MERINGUE TORTE - PEGURU
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE TORTE - IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD OF LOVE ...
FROZEN STRAWBERRY LEMON MERINGUE TORTE PT 1 RECIPE ...
FOOD: FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE TORTE - PUCKER UP!
FROZEN STRAWBERRY LEMON MERINGUE TORTE - PLAIN.RECIPES
FROZEN STRAWBERRY MERINGUE TORTE - REFORM JUDAISM
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE - THE SPLENDID TABLE
FROZEN STRAWBERRY LEMON MERINGUE TORTE PT 2 RECIPE
LEMON MERINGUE FROZEN TORTE- WIKIFOODHUB
FROZEN LIME MERINGUE TORTE - PLAIN.RECIPES
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE CAKE - CHATELAINE
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE TORTE | FROZEN LEMON, PASSOVER ...
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE TORTE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
FROZEN LEMON MERINGUE TORTE - PUCKER UP! | FROZEN LEMON ...
FROZEN STRAWBERRY LEMON MERINGUE TORTE PT 1
FROZEN CHOCOLATE PRALINE MERINGUE TORTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love