VEGAN MARGHERITA PIZZA RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: raw unsalted cashew, nutritional yeast, tapioca starch, lemon juice, garlic powder, kosher salt, pizza dough, marinara sauce, fresh basil leaf
Provided by Rachel Gaewski
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the cashews and boil for 10 minutes, until fork-tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup (240 ML) plus 2 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- In a blender, combine the boiled cashews, nutritional yeast, tapioca starch, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and reserved cooking water. Blend on high speed until completely smooth with no grittiness.
- Pour the cashew mixture into a small pot. Cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes. Once the sauce is stretching and pulls away from the sides of the pot, remove from the heat.
- Use your hands to stretch the pizza dough into a circle about 14 inches (35 cm) in diameter and ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) thick. Lay on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the pizza dough in an even layer. Use an ice cream scoop to dollop the cashew mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until the crust is lightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven and top with the basil. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 calories, Carbohydrate 59 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 3 grams
VEGAN MARGHERITA PIZZA
Making a homemade cashew 'mozzarella' is pretty easy to do and you can keep extra in the freezer for future pizza making! I like to use an uncooked tomato sauce and a no-knead dough to simplify things.
Provided by Izy Hossack
Yield 4 large pizzaz
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For the mozzarella:.
- Soak the cashews in water overnight or place in a pot of boiling water and boil on the stove for 15 minutes to soften. Drain.
- Add the soaked cashews to the jug of a high speed blender along with the rest of the mozzarella ingredients. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a medium pot and place on the stove over a medium-low heat. Cook until thickened, about 5-10 minutes, then pour into a bowl and set aside - this will thicken as it cools.
- For the pizza dough:.
- Mix the water and yeast in a large bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes to activate the yeast then pour in the flour and salt. Stir to get a shaggy dough. Pour a bit of oil into the bowl then lift up the dough and turn it over to coat it completely in oil. Cover with a damp towel and leave somewhere warm for 2-3 hours until doubled in volume.
- For the tomato sauce:.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce ingredients. Stir together and set aside.
- To make the pizzas:.
- Split the dough into quarters and roll into balls - set aside for 30 minutes to rest, this will make the dough easier to work with.
- Lightly flour a countertop and place a ball of dough onto it. Dust with more flour. Use your hands to pat the dough down and then roll out into a large circle about 1/4-inch thick. You can use your hands to help gently stretch the dough until it's thin enough. Transfer the circle of dough to a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes until golden. Repeat with the rest of the dough so all your bases are baked.
- Spread a few tablespoons of tomato sauce onto each pizza base. Top with dollops of the 'mozzarella' and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on some salt and black pepper then place each pizza back into the oven, one at a time, for 5-10 minutes until the crust is golden and the 'cheese' is starting to brown. Top with fresh basil and serve immediately.
VEGAN PIZZA MARGHERITA
This recipe could be fun for the kids to do for a healthy father's day, Pizza isn't often considered a healthy meal but this option definitely is. Let's look at the base - Cauliflower - high in Choline which helps liver function, brain development and nerve function, and Oats - contain beta-glucan, a soluble fibre that reduces blood sugar and LDL Cholesterol levels. Now for the cheese topping - Cashews contain Magnesium, older people can quite often be deficient in Magnesium and this is linked to Osteoporosis, Coronary Heart disease and Insulin Resistance. A last look at the sauce and topping - Oregano - a potent anti-oxidant and a good source of fibre that binds toxins and removes them from the body while Tomatoes contain Lycopene that has been linked to Prostate Cancer prevention and also protects the eyes from age-related Macular Degeneration. We think this is a great way for kids to show their dads' how much they care. Happy Father's Day.
Provided by hello
Yield 1 pizza
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Make the Pizza Crust.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flaxmeal and water in a bowl. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Steam cauliflower until fall-apart tender. Let it cool then squeeze out as much of the moisture through a fine cheesecloth.
- Grind rolled oats, dried rosemary, garlic powder, and salt in a food processor to a flour-like texture.
- Combine the pressed cauliflower and flaxmeal mixture. Stir well.
- Stir in the oat mixture.
- Form a ball and put it on top of the lined baking sheet.
- Press it down to a circle. Lay a sheet of parchment paper on top and roll it flat to about ¼ inch thick using a rolling pin.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 230C/450°F.
- Make the Mozzarella Cheese.
- Boil the cashews for 15 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- Puree the boiled cashew and all remaining ingredients in a blender.
- Pour this puree to a saucepan over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continously.
- Make the Marinara Sauce.
- Sautee garlic in olive oil.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree in a blender.
- Assemble the Pizza.
- Spread marinara sauce over pizza crust.
- Top with "mozzarella cheese.".
- Add sliced tomatoes.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 230/C/450°F.
- Top with fresh basil leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1316.2, Fat 69.1, SaturatedFat 11.8, Sodium 5919, Carbohydrate 151.9, Fiber 37.7, Sugar 26.7, Protein 48
VEGAN PIZZA MARGHERITA
Make and share this Vegan Pizza Margherita recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Sweet Potato Soul
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the water, yeast, and sugar in a glass bowl, and stir well.
- Mix the flour and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl and pour in the yeast water.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon, and then knead the dough with your hands.
- Place the dough ball into another mixing bowl coated in a light layer of olive oil.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured workspace, and knead lightly to form the dough into a ball. Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap, or an equivalent to seal, and set aside for one hour to let the dough rise. Meanwhile prep your topping ingredients.
- Once the dough has nearly tripled in size, remove it from the mixing bowl, and knead it into a ball again.
- Cut the ball in half or quarter, and form them into smaller balls.
- Place each ball onto a plate, and cover with a slightly damp and clean kitchen towel. Allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Sprinkle some cornmeal onto a large baking sheet, press your pizza dough directly onto it (to prevent sticking), and flatten the dough into a thin pizza crust shape. The thinner the better.
- Top with your pizza topping: sauce, of course, always goes first.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 449.5, Fat 9.8, SaturatedFat 1.4, Sodium 1501.3, Carbohydrate 82.3, Fiber 13, Sugar 4.2, Protein 15.7
This is a vegan spin on classic pizza margherita, adorned simply with tomato sauce and rounds of cashew "mozzarella" cheese. Right after you make the cheese, it will be smooth and spreadable - more like ricotta than mozzarella - but as it bakes, it will firm up, resulting in pockets of creaminess that hold their shape in a sea of tomato sauce. If you're short on time, there are a couple ways to make the pizza come together more quickly: Use store-bought crust or dough (enough for 1 large or 2 smaller pizzas), or try one of the many shredded vegan mozzarella cheeses available in stores these days. You can use a heaping cup on each pizza.
Provided by Gena Hamshaw
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Prepare the pizza crust, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a mixing bowl. Add the water and use a spoon or your hands to mix everything into a shaggy dough ball. Cover the bowl with a damp dish towel and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead a few times. At this point, you can transfer the dough to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook and knead on medium-high for 5 minutes, or you can continue to knead by hand for 8 to 10 minutes. The dough is ready when it has a silky smooth surface and can be stretched without tearing easily.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl that's been well coated with olive oil. Cover the bowl with a damp dish towel or plastic wrap. At this point, you can keep the dough covered in the refrigerator for up to two days. When you are ready to bake, allow the dough to rise in a warm part of your home for about 1 1/2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.
- Prepare the cashew mozzarella, place the drained cashews into a food processor and pulse briefly until the cashews break down into a coarse meal. Scrape down the bowl of the processor and add salt and lemon juice. Continue processing the cashews as you drizzle 1/3 cup water into the processor's spout. Process the cashews for 1 to 2 minutes, stopping once or twice to scrape the sides of the bowl. You're aiming for a texture that's slightly looser than hummus; add an extra tablespoon or two of water as needed. When the cashew mixture is creamy but easily spreadable, stop and season it to taste with black pepper.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees. Place a pizza stone, baking steel or sheet pan turned upside-down in your oven and heat it to 500 degrees.
- When the oven is ready and your dough has doubled in size, divide your dough into two pieces and shape them into balls. Flour a work surface and a rolling pin. Roll each piece of dough into a 10-inch round.
- Transfer one round to a piece of floured parchment or a well-floured pizza peel. Spread a scant cup of the tomato or pizza sauce onto the dough. Add about 5 or 6 heaping tablespoons of the cashew mozzarella to the pizza. Use the back of your spoon to spread each dollop into a flat circle.
- Use your pizza peel to transfer the pizza, or carefully transfer the parchment paper with the pizza on top, to your preheated pizza stone, baking steel or baking sheet. Bake each pizza for 10 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Top the pizza with basil leaves, if using, and serve.
More about "vegan pizza margherita recipes"
PERFECT VEGAN PIZZA MARGHERITA | THE FULL …
Reviews 6Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
VEGAN PIZZA RECIPE WITH MARGHERITA TOPPING & CASHEW …
VEGAN PIZZA DOUGH [MARGHERITA PIZZA RECIPE]
VEGAN PIZZA MARGHERITA – CRAZY VEGAN KITCHEN
VEGAN CHEESE PIZZA RECIPE - VEGAN …
VEGAN MARGHERITA PIZZA - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
VEGAN MARGHERITA PIZZA ⋆ EASY 25-MINUTE PLANT-BASED PIZZA
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 154 per serving
VEGAN MARGHERITA PIZZA WITH CASHEW MOZZARELLA - VEGAN …
Ratings 34Calories 158 per servingCategory Main, Pizza
VEGAN PIZZA MARGHERITA | VIOLIFE FOODS
A BETTER VEGAN PIZZA MARGHERITA FROM SCRATCH
BEST HOMEMADE VEGAN MARGHERITA PIZZA - THE CARROT …
PIZZA MARGHERITA RECIPE - THEVEGANKIND
VEGAN MARGHERITA PIZZA – PRIMAL KITCHEN
25 BEST VEGAN PIZZA RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME - INSANELY …
THE EASIEST VEGAN MARGHERITA PIZZA – MIYOKO'S CREAMERY
MARGHERITA PIZZA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
MARGHERITA PIZZA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
DR. OETKER RISTORANTE LAUNCHES NEW VEGAN PEPPERONI …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #vegan #vegetarian #pizza #dietary
You'll also love