CHILE-GLAZED HALIBUT WITH AVOCADO-TOMATILLO SAUCE
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles*
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled
- 2 medium tomatillos (about 4 ounces), husked, rinsed, coarsely chopped**
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more) hot pepper sauce
- 6 5-ounce halibut fillets (each about 1 inch thick)
- 1 orange with skin, cut lengthwise in half, thinly sliced crosswise
- Ground cumin
- For glaze:
- Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Do ahead: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Stir before using.
- For Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in blender; blend until smooth. Do ahead: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature.
- For fish:
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Make crosswise slits in each fillet, cutting to within 1/4 inch of bottom and spacing slits about 3/4 inch apart. Brush glaze over top and into slits. Place orange slices in slits. Sprinkle fish with ground cumin, salt, and pepper. Place fish, orange side up, on grill; cover and cook until fish is opaque, about 8 minutes. Using wide spatula, carefully transfer fish to platter. Let rest several minutes. Spoon avocado sauce onto plates, spreading slightly. Arrange 1 fillet over sauce on each plate and serve.
- *Chipotle chiles are dried, smoked jalapeños canned in adobo sauce. They are available at some supermarkets, at specialty foods stores, and at Latin markets.
- **Green and tomato-like with a papery husk, tomatillos are sold in the produce section of some supermarkets and at Latin markets.
Top Asked Questions
How to cook halibut steak with orange juice?Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a frying pan, add butter, onion and garlic. Saute until translucent. Remove from heat; stir in parsley, orange rind, salt and pepper. Spread mixture over halibut steaks. In a small bowl, mix together orange juice and lemon juice.
How to cook halibut in the oven?Arrange halibut in a 9" x 13" oven-proof baking dish. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a frying pan, add butter, onion and garlic. Saute until translucent. Remove from heat; stir in parsley, orange rind, salt and pepper.
How to cook fish in oven with orange juice?In a small bowl, mix together orange juice and lemon juice. Sprinkle juice over steaks, but be careful not to wash away the onion/garlic mixture. Bake fish in preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 to 22 minutes, turning over at about 10 minutes of cooking time. Continue cooking until time expires or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room...
Provided by Taste of Home
Provided by Catherine McCord
This is my technique for veal demi-glace, and there's not much to it. I'm going for a pure veal stock reduction, fortified with nothing more than mirepoix...
Provided by Chef John
OMG!!! I had to make this cake this past Sunday for my Mary Kay party.. It was a huge hit. It was also devoured!! So easy,so good,so sinfully rich..if...
Provided by vicky hunt
Good food doesn't always have to cost a fortune! Your family will love this. Full of flavor and easy on your pocket book!
Provided by Melissa Baldan
This is a very good potato dish , I stem baby red potatoes and smother them in real butter and parsley flakes. I enjoy a dollop of sour cream on mine but...
Provided by Karla Everett
Provided by á-174942
Try this Instant Pot®-friendly variation of a traditional bean stew from the Portuguese region of Azores. This can be served alone, or over rice, and...
Provided by Ryan C Mathews
Provided by Florence Fabricant
A unique twist on a classic white chocolate fudge recipe! While quick and easy to prepare, Bruce's® Yams Salted Cashew Sweet Potato Fudge is a nutty,...
Provided by Bruce's Yams
Sure you can make a quick Chicken Pot Pie using already made pie crust, canned soups, vegetables and chicken. Just think about all the salt in those ingredients....
Provided by Julia Ferguson
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some...
Provided by Taste of Home
Dis is da toe curlin Texicajun hybrid of a classic dish. This will put a smile on everyone's face that's eatin it. Throw on some Zydeco music and serve...
Provided by Lupe Boudreaux
Provided by Kemp Minifie
This is a tender and delicious baked pork chop recipe, with an Italian flair.
Provided by larvia57
People also searched
More about "orange glazed halibut food"
HALIBUT WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE RECIPE | GIADA DE …
Author Giada De LaurentiisSteps 4Difficulty Easy
10 BEST BAKED HALIBUT FILLETS RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST GRILLED HALIBUT FILLETS RECIPES - YUMMLY
BROILED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE AND MISO GLAZE - CLOSET …
PAN-SEARED HALIBUT WITH BLOOD ORANGE BUTTER SAUCE
10 BEST HONEY GLAZED FISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROILED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE- SHALLOT BUTTER SAUCE
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE GINGER SAUCE - MARPE
GLAZED HALIBUT WITH BROCCOLI AND ORANGES - PREVENTION.COM
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4Total Time 50 mins
ORANGE GLAZED HALIBUT RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory HalibutCalories 366 per serving
- Boil some water (you will need enough to cover the fish)- once it has boiled, add some salt to taste.
- Place lemon, onion, parsley, and tarragon on top, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until halibut is just beginning to flake when poked with a fork (don't overcook).
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch, brown sugar, salt, Tabasco, and butter in a small pan for the sauce.
SPICE-RUBBED HALIBUT WITH GINGER-ORANGE GLAZE RECIPE
Servings 2Calories 305 per serving
- In a small bowl, mix coriander, cumin, curry powder, ground ginger, salt, and cayenne. Rub mixture all over fish. Set pieces slightly apart in an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Broil 6 inches from heat for 3 minutes. With a wide spatula, turn fish over and broil until opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over medium heat, bring orange juice, vinegar, honey, and fresh ginger to a boil; stir often until reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 10 minutes.
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH BROWN BUTTER-CITRUS-AU POIVRE VINAIGRETTE
Author Bobby FlaySteps 3Difficulty Easy
HALIBUT WITH ORANGE BUTTER | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
WALNUT-CRUSTED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE SALSA - WOMAN'S DAY
HALIBUT WITH SMOKY ORANGE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ORANGE DIJON GRILLED HALIBUT - POPULAR RECIPES - DONUTS
ORANGE DIJON GRILLED HALIBUT | GRILLED HALIBUT RECIPES, GRILLED …
BLOOD ORANGE GLAZED SALMON - FOOD GYPSY
SPICE-RUBBED HALIBUT WITH GINGER-ORANGE GLAZE - SUNSET
ORANGE GLAZED HALIBUT | HALIBUT, CHICKEN BOUILLON GRANULES, …
BALSAMIC-GLAZED HALIBUT RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CITRUS BAKED HALIBUT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
WOLFGANG PUCK RECIPE: CITRUS-GLAZED HALIBUT – TWIN CITIES
HALIBUT WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAK WITH ORANGES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH CARA CARA NAVEL ORANGE AND WALNUT ROMESCO …
ORANGE-GLAZED GRILLED FISH FILLETS
BROILED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE AND MISO GLAZE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
HALIBUT WITH CHILI-ORANGE BUTTER - CHATELAINE
HALIBUT WITH CITRUS-GINGER GLAZE
ORANGE DIJON GRILLED HALIBUT - MAILLE US
FRESH20 - ORANGE GLAZED HALIBUT CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS ...
HALIBUT IN ORANGE SAUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
MANGO BBQ GLAZED HALIBUT SANDWICH - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
POMEGRANATE MOLASSES AND BLOOD ORANGE GLAZED HALIBUT WITH …
WOLFGANG PUCK: KEEP IT HEALTHY WITH HALIBUT - DETROIT FREE PRESS
CITRUS BAKED HALIBUT RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EMEALS - ORANGE-MISO GLAZED HALIBUT CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION …
20 BEST HALIBUT DISHES - FOOD.COM
GINGER SOY FISH (EASY HALIBUT RECIPES!!) - RASA MALAYSIA
ORANGE GLAZED HALIBUT - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BAKED HALIBUT WITH ORANGE-PEACH GLAZE - PRITIKIN WEIGHT LOSS …